Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How many Senior Deaths after oupatient medical procedures?

Message 21 of 22

I completely agree with you on this issue. Recently it was recommended that I  should have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. I  told the doctor that if any of those procedures were done  at any of those types of outpatient clinics, not to count on me. Because I would refuse treatment. Any procedures that I have is going to be at a hospital  or not at all.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

How many Senior Deaths after oupatient medical procedures?

Message 22 of 22

How many senior citizens are dying at home after outpatient medical procedures????  The deaths after procedures in outpatient clinics, ambulatory surgery center, pain clinics, doctors offices etc are NOT COUNTED, NOT REPORTED, NOT TRACKED.. and due to ageism bias "they would have died soon anyway" Medical Examiners are NOT doing autopsies on the elderly and fatality investigations are NOT being done by law enforcement!! There is a pandemic of elderly/senior citizen deaths at home caused by, hastened or contributed to by the greedy outpatient medical systems in the USA and the deaths are not even being recognized as such!!  Profit and money as the priority rather than quality!!  This is life threatening for senior citizens and NOTHING is being done to stop it because the threat is not even being recognized!!!  Very scary for seniors and those who love them!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors