Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How evangelicals put Donald Trump ahead of Jesus

Message 1 of 4
I heard one Head of a Church say, We feel GOD put him there. ? WHAT? You have to have more sense than that. You disregard all the nasty vulgar rude things he has said and done, because you feel GOD has put him there.
The Evangelicals are in deep trouble if the Devil himself, which may be Trump in disguise is ever President.
I'm not a real religious person, but I sure as heck know GOD had no intention for The Donald to be President, because he would NEVER put such a offensive obnoxious repulsive molesting vulgar lyer in Office.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

So, now many are understanding what I have been saying about those Evangelicals with the flexible morals. ?  they havent' substituted Trump for Jesus, they know better than that, but they have acquired a new Messiah it used to be Billy Graham and now is Trump./

They have substituted their morals for the morals of Trump and have acquired a taste of how enticing is to have Alternative Facts as a tool to advande their beliefs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Fear is probably the strongest motivator. That is why Hitter used used propaganda to invoke fear of the established political party into the hearts of the populace that listened to him. Sounds eerily similar to trump's tactics both prior to his election and even now.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

How evangelicals put Donald Trump ahead of Jesus

Message 4 of 4

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/24/blinded-by-darkness-how-evangelicals-put-donald-trump-ahead-of-jesu...

Blinded by darkness: How evangelicals put Donald Trump ahead of Jesus

Evangelical historian John Fea opens an important discussion of how his community abandoned its supposed values

John Fea is an evangelical Christian and a historian. When Donald Trump was elected with 81 percent of the self-described white evangelical vote, Fea was both stunned and surprised. “As a historian studying religion and politics, I should have seen this coming,” he notes. Yet he did not. Which was why Fea ended up writing his new book, “Believe Me: The Evangelical Road to Donald Trump.”

On its own terms, the book clearly succeeds in making sense for Fea and others like him, with potential for reaching wavering Trump supporters as well. He identifies and lucidly explores three fundamental flaws in evangelical thinking that have led them to embrace a leader who is wholly unfit by their own once-cherished moral standards, in pursuit of ends they cannot possibly achieve — restoring 1950s America via government action. In a key passage, Fea explains:

For too long, white evangelical Christians have engaged in public life through a strategy defined by the politics of fear, the pursuit of worldly power, and nostalgia for a national past that may never have existed in the first place. Fear. Power. Nostalgia. These ideas are at the heart of this book, and I believe they best explain the 81 percent.

Fear is Fea’s central concern, and the one most directly at odds with the Bible. “The Bible teaches that Christians are to fear God – and only God,” Fea writes. “All other forms of fear reflect a lack of faith, of failure to place one's trust completely in the providential God who has promised to work all things out for good for those who love him.”  

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors