Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you respond to "Have a blessed day"?

Message 281 of 287

Richva--

Other options other than thank you

--YUP

--RIGHT BACK AT YA

--OK

--SURE THING

--YOU TOO

--I'LL TRY

OR

YOU CAN PRETEND YOU NEVER HEARD THEM.

I feel weird when someone says this to me because one person I know who says this all the time is a very negligent parent and a terrible person overall. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 282 of 287

Or, "why?  Is my shirt tail out"?  It always leaves them scratching their heads.

What gets our circle going is when servers at restaurants say, "Enjoy"  Several of our lady friends respond, "a cunning linguist".  The responses are PRICELESS.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 283 of 287

"Thanks, but I had other plans"?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 284 of 287

You may use the Cubs idea. 

One more is to give an old Zoroastrian blessing: "Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds".  Or the Wiccan "Blessed Be". Just to see if they know what they are getting. 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 285 of 287

You know, this has always been on my mind as well...

I am so afraid of offending someone (I work in Tech Support) I have never felt comfortable asking what is the best response.

Personally, if I have to call, then I am not happy (customer service means I don't need to do that).

I respond to that phrase with a thank you (a canned response); but your question is something I've wondered about for years. What if I responded "not in this lifetime"?

Interesting topic! Thanks for the post!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 286 of 287

I really like the response:   May the cubs win the pennant.   May I quote you without being sued for plagarism?   

In reality, I walk away.    In business dealings I politely request that people stop with that statement because I find it offensive.    There are many Contractors who change and some don't change and they don't get my business.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you respond to "Have a blessed day"?

Message 287 of 287

Just to be clear, I always say "Thank you" but every time someone does that I just want to respond; "And may the Force be with you".

I am not sure why this little bit of propaganda became acceptable, and it is harmless, but if I said "Have a Progressive year" or "May the Cubs win the pennant" I would be considered a kook.  Toss a little old time religion behind it and all is well. This is not to bless the recipient, it is to make the issuer of the blessing look good.  I compare it to spotting a Bible on the dashboard. All for show. 

So, how does: "And may ZhooL make all your children fertile" sound?

Any other suggestions on how to handle this?

Kudos
Views
Replies