Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you respond to "Have a blessed day"?

Message 141 of 287

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jw8815 wrote:

My response is always a grateful and genuine 'Thank You' and I wish the other person a Blessed day as well.

I  think I am going to go with "Allah Ma’ak" and see how it goes. 

And what would be your point in doing that??? Do terms like"Thank you" and "You too" not sit right with you??

It is really not necessary to walk through the world looking for negativity. Sometimes people are just being nice. BTW - be careful with Allah Ma'ak vs Allah Maak, don't want to offend anyone do ya??

Would my response offend you?

No. Rhett Butler said it very well. But, why would you want to question the person's obvious good thoughts for you?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 287

@gransims6 wrote:

gransims

I respond in a very positive way, and will most likely repeat it back to them.  First off, it causes me to think this person is a christian, a believer in God,  as I am.    It is 4 words that give a pleasing sound.   It is saying I hope your day goes well.  It means regardless of what is happening to us externallly, we can be truly  happy internally.

And I always think the person is being pretentious. and artificial. Well, different strokes.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 287

gransims

I respond in a very positive way, and will most likely repeat it back to them.  First off, it causes me to think this person is a christian, a believer in God,  as I am.    It is 4 words that give a pleasing sound.   It is saying I hope your day goes well.  It means regardless of what is happening to us externallly, we can be truly  happy internally.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 287

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jw8815 wrote:

My response is always a grateful and genuine 'Thank You' and I wish the other person a Blessed day as well.

And what would be your point in doing that??? Do terms like"Thank you" and "You too" not sit right with you??

It is really not necessary to walk through the world looking for negativity. Sometimes people are just being nice. BTW - be careful with Allah Ma'ak vs Allah Maak, don't want to offend anyone do ya??

Would my response offend you?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 145 of 287

I say "Thank you", and move on with my day. Or sometimes I'll say "Thank you, same to you".  

It's that simple!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 287

These relies are absolutely ridiculous and childish.  Have a blessed day is just being kind.   Get over ig!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 287

How about respond in kind, thanks you too. I do find it interesting that the people who say have a Blessed Day to me are African Americans. Is it possible it's a taught to them in church. Interesting.!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 148 of 287

How about respond in kind with a thanks you too. I do find it interesting that the people who say have a Blessed Day to me are African Americans. Is it possible it's a taught to them in church. Interesting.!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 287

@Richva wrote:

@jw8815 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 150 of 287

jazzwoman wrote:
‎04-10-2017 12:50 PM
I reply with "Namaste."

You've kinda said, very simply, how I feel about it all. I don't partake in Yoga but I understand the meaning of Namaste and I just feel the person saying that to me is wishing me, from their world, a very kind salutation. It never crossed my mind they were trying to influence me or disrespect the fact that I don't practice Yoga or a metaphysical lifestyle. Same with 'may the force be with you", I'm enough of a Star Wars fan to get that such a salutation is wishing nothing but the best. That said:

I didn't realize this bothered so many people and, tho I don't bless anyone on a routine, common basis as a salutation, I have said "Bless you" to someone who has saved me untold aggravation/inconvenience. So I will rethink my expression of gratitude to something that can't be taken offensively.

I learn something every day these days!

amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views