Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you respond to "Have a blessed day"?

Message 121 of 287

Oh now lets be serious.  I think we all could use a little bit of blessing!! Sure couldn't hurt.  (Ever had someone bless you when  you sneezed).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 287

As a Unitarian Universalist, it's plain that the words and/or the deity invoked all come from the same source, so the person means well, whether they say "God's blessings, Allah's blessings, Krishna's blessings" or any of multiple dozens of other benedictions.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 287

I respond to "Have a blessed day" by wishing the person the same. Why would anyone be offended by kind and gracious sentiments from anyone?We do not get up each day by our power but by the one who created us.We should be thankful for every blessing wherever it comes from.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 287

I agree; live long and prosper!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 287

It is time to take this discussion down as the reponses are increasingly vexatious and meant to provoke instead of the intent of a courteous discussion.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 287

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If someone offers a positive, friendly thought, what is it in a person that demands a snarky response?

Hmm. So, whatever the Christian does is done of pure heart but any response from the Star Wars fan is snarky? I'll have you know "May the Force be with You" is one of our most revered blessings. 

You'll have to look in the mirror and discuss that thought.

That would seem to be a pointless discussion as I am obviously correct in requesting that someone who subscribes to any of the Christian sects stop trying to bring their religion into a simple conversation.  If it is simply a harmless well wishing then "May the Force be with you" is equally a harmless wish for good fortune and should be equally viable.  If the Christian-in-question feels my response is snarky, perhaps there is an attempt to communicate more than their best wishes for my day? 

How about we just agree it is inappropriate to bring any religion into a casual interaction and let it go at that? 

I believe they aren't bringing their religion to the conversation. They are bringing the love of their fellow man taught them by their religion. Why not accept the good thoughts as just that - good thoughts? Everything doesn't have to be negative and devisive.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 287

And to you, "may the FORCE be with you"...always.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 287

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If someone offers a positive, friendly thought, what is it in a person that demands a snarky response?

Hmm. So, whatever the Christian does is done of pure heart but any response from the Star Wars fan is snarky? I'll have you know "May the Force be with You" is one of our most revered blessings. 

That would seem to be a pointless discussion as I am obviously correct in requesting that someone who subscribes to any of the Christian sects stop trying to bring their religion into a simple conversation.  If it is simply a harmless well wishing then "May the Force be with you" is equally a harmless wish for good fortune and should be equally viable.  If the Christian-in-question feels my response is snarky, perhaps there is an attempt to communicate more than their best wishes for my day? 

How about we just agree it is inappropriate to bring any religion into a casual interaction and let it go at that? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 287

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 287

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views