You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How did everyone get it so wrong?

Message 41 of 88
Have you forgotten about Benghazi ?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 88

@rker321 wrote:

RK I live in an area that was set on voting for Trump whether they were Republicans or Democrats.

They were hearing what they thought this country needed to have done. and they believed that Trump was the guy to do so.

Many times in this message board I pleaded with many here to please listen to what he was saying, It had nothing to do with following or voting for him, simply listening. But the majority of Democrats became enamored with Hillary that represented what all of those Americans didn't want.  
Free trade, NAFTA. TPP  and the status quo. nothing about fixing the immigration issue, in essenxe the same thing.over and over again. and with a lot of more baggage.

Obama Marxist  agenda!!!!  LOL  LOL  LOL. now you really are going overboard. and yes, whether you want to admit it or not. the Republicans did whatever possible to make Obama a failure. sorry pal, unless you have become blind that is a fact.

I am waiting to see how much of what Trump has said he is going to do, actually happens. At this time, the emboldened Senate is now prepared to repeal Obamacare without replacing it. LOL  LOL  LOL 

That is going to be great.  I am waiting breathlessly for that to happen. and all the other things that they think they are going to do.
Personally I am rooting for all of the things that they want to do. Like I have said before the more harm that they do. the sooner that they will leave.

I hate to be the one to inform you, but you're guilty of the very sin you accuse the Republicans of committing.. Wishing/hoping for failure.

Read your post, you'll understand what I'm saying.  The typical liberal mantra. If we do it, it is fine, if others (who do not agree) do it-- not so much. So telling!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 88

Hi Gail,

Please change "paid for by the federal government" to "paid for by the American tax payer".

even worse, it is actaully borrowed American tax payer money.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 88

Hi Gail,

Please change "paid for by the federal government" to "paid for by the American tax payer".

even worse, it is actaully borrowed American tax payer money.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 88

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Considering the fact that the topic has to do with, "When Election Day dawned, almost all the pollsters, analytics nerds and political insiders..." getting their predictions wrong, it is hard to see the relevance of, "cheeto-faced", "Dubya" and "mollypoodle" - and that other off topic stuff.

Many American Citizens - perhaps as many as 65.7 million - consider that to be a century plus old well recognized conservative shortcoming.

What - the Constitution??? 

Highlighted in red.

I have no idea what that means. Please try again.

Not sure the poster does either!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 88

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"If this isn't dependency ... how would you define it?"

Of course it's a form of dependency but my argument is it isn't unique to Obamacare. Why does everybody talk as if the only people receiving government subsidies for health insurance premiums are those on the exchanges?

The entire American Health Care Premium system is based upon subsidies for everyone. Without those subsidies, which are eventually paid for by the federal government, very few people could afford the actual premiums.

• Self Employed people, who claim their health insurance premiums as a business expense, are then subsidized by the federal government.

No, it is NOT claimed as a business expense for the self-employed.  Only premiums which you pay for the employees is deducted as a business expense.

Schedule C says this:

"Do not include on line 14 any contributions you made on your behalf as a self-employed person to an accident and health plan. However, you may be able to deduct on Form 1040, line 29, or Form 1040NR, line 29, the amount you paid for health insurance on behalf of yourself, your spouse, and dependents, even if you do not itemize your deduc- tions. See the instructions for Form 1040, line 29, or Form 1040NR, line 29, for details."

You can ONLY deduct them as an adjustment to income on the 1040 if you make a profit and then if you make a profit only a portion of it is considered as an adjustment to income.  Otherwise, you do like anybody else and note them on Schedule A and only get to deduct that portion that is over 10% of your income.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 88

We the people have allowed ourselves to be divided and untrusting of each other and our institutions in multiple areas.  I will trust, but I will also verify. I am done with cynics and politicians that take their orders from headquarters. I want representatives that are capable of thinking for themselves. Cynicism and snarky remarks no matter how funny are lazy. Healthy skepticism takes me back to my grandfather's advice. "Question everything, it will lead you to the truth."  It is one thing to run for office, but quite another to govern.  I expect our elected officials to first do no harm.  It is hard, but I am an American and I have choices, and I want so badly to believe in the USA. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 88

@d263098m wrote:
It's the moral decay of this government, look at where we have gone, since we allowed God to be taken out of, not only schools but most everything else. Kids or their parents have no morals. We have let world/secular, don't won't to call them values. We need to put God/Jesus back in all our lives'. What we are suffering is our on doing !
I don't know about you, but the Lord has always been in my thoughts, my family and my children. you are generalizing much too much. I will agree with you that kids today have very little respect and are quite ignorant about the simple things in life. but, blame the parents for that. not our society,  do we need to change? yes, but, there are many ways of doing that. and any sociologist will tell you that the morals of any society are enforced by that same society. whether they are secular or not.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

How did everyone get it so wrong?

Message 49 of 88

"Our leader should display a sense of honor and respect for all."

That's exactly what President Obama did for 8 years.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 88

Get ready, folks!  It's gonna' be a bumpy ride!  Thank God for our system of government (not our legislators) that the President-Elect will be held in check by the laws governing the office of the President. 

Personally, I'm ready for something new and exciting, but I know that John Q. Public will soon get sick and tired of the president being unpresidential.  His ideas are reasonable and he does speak for the discontent of the people with his street rhetoric, but we will soon see the true Donald Trump when he has to perform his duties.

The most disappointing thing is that he represents what has happened to our society in that we are evolving as a rude, uncivil public, and the incidents of disrespect for our fellow citizens is rapidly increasing.  Our leader should display a sense of honor and respect for all.

The jury is out.

Kudos
Views