With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How did everyone get it so wrong?

Message 1 of 88

re:  US Health Care --  There have been two (2) big problems concerning those Personally known to me.  One in Canada and one in the U.K.

In "The Best Xotic. . ." Maggie Smith ended up with the group because in the U K her hip replacement would have taken a very long time to even schedule.  Her reply was, "What?  I do not even buy my bananas  GREEN!"  

Probably not the exact words, but Maggie Smith would, I truly believe, not be too vexed  Sincerely, I doubt I have heard a better line in any film.   Boy, I laughed and laughed.   

Dear M. S.  Do we not just Love her?

Charlee6

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 88

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trying to make this personal?

--

No, just attempting to engage in discussion.  Apparently a quaint thing here.

Facts are rarely, if ever, synonymous with right wing opinion.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 88

@ChasKy53 wrote:

--

No, just attempting to engage in discussion.  Apparently a quaint thing here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 88

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Facts are rarely, if ever, synonymous with right wing opinion.

--

Of course only those opinions from the left are correct?  For some reason your statement reflects more bias than truth.  Does that apply to your other posts?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 88

Yes, but look at what the Republicans are trying to do and what the Democrats have been saying and maybe then you would understand why he feels this way.  I don't return to the posting so don't expect a response from me, but I welcome your reply for others to read and respond to if they so wish.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 88

Remember when the Republicans said that they would block everything that Obama did, no matter what it was? Well, reverse psychology is very effective. By predicting a Hillary lanslide, mostly Trump voters voted when it counted. Timing is everything.

If hindsight is 20/20, then maybe we should start walking backwards. Then our mistakes would be virtues. If the Obameter was off, then the Trumpmeter was not even looked at. Who's fault is that? Maybe it was Trump supporters themselves who predicted the Hillary lanside just to keep them from voting when it mattered. Timing is everything. But then again, maybe this was just another example of good intensions gone wrong; who knows? Maybe hindsight is just as bad as foresight. Where do we go from here?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 88

@dl73698250 wrote:

@kb52k wrote:

Proving once more that you can't fix stupid, enjoy your fascist Merica!

That might be true, but a lot of people confuse "stupid" with "uninformed". Education can fix one, but, not being able to teach a dog calculus doesn't make him stupid.

Stupidity is in the eye of the beholder. Are you willing to get on that stage and be naked to the world?

Missed one there - deliberate and willful ignorance and disingenuous calculated "misunderstanding" of the scientific facts of the real world - resulting in and supporting prejudicial "thinking" and illogical mental processes.

Fundamentalists do that when their "belief"- their "dogma" - runs counter to established scientific fact - you know - reality.

So do social conservatives.

So do political conservatives.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 88

@kb52k wrote:

Proving once more that you can't fix stupid, enjoy your fascist Merica!

That might be true, but a lot of people confuse "stupid" with "uninformed". Education can fix one, but, not being able to teach a dog calculus doesn't make him stupid.

Stupidity is in the eye of the beholder. Are you willing to get on that stage and be naked to the world?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 88

If evryone is paying taxes (that's where Government money comes from) but at vastly different rates/amounts, giving each person a subsidy means little to one person who's getting a "subsidy" of one cent on the dollar (paid in taxes) and another person is paying NO TAXES and is getting free healthcare.

Liberals will never understand intermediate math.

One of the dirty little secrets about this, is that government money does NOT come from taxpayers. It comes from their own printing press. Paying your taxes is just a way of "proving" your loyalty. And some have to prove more than others.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 88

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As usual, Gail focuses on the trivial, in this case, an exception. But the main point of my argument stands true. The entire American Health Care Insurance Premium system is based upon subsidies for everyone. Without those subsidies, which are eventually paid for by the federal government (the taxpayer), very few people could afford the real premiums.

So why do people complain about those on Obamacare receiving health insurance premium subsidies when they also receive a similar subsidy for their insurance premiums?

Everyone receiving subsidized healthcare insurance is synonymous with no one receiving subsidies for healthcare insurance.

Did you read this before you hit "post"? Did you mean to say: Everyone having their insurance subsidized is synonymous with everyone having insurnace? I hope so, because that makes sense.

If evryone is paying taxes (that's where Government money comes from) but at vastly different rates/amounts, giving each person a subsidy means little to one person who's getting a "subsidy" of one cent on the dollar (paid in taxes) and another person is paying NO TAXES and is getting free healthcare.

Liberals will never understand intermediate math.

Kudos
Views