Honored Social Butterfly

How can "All Lives Matter" if Black lives don't matter?

I was reading an exchange with a racist dipstick who used the "I believe all lives matter".  The other person responded with this statement. It did not stop the racist dipstick but it sure scattered his responses after that. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Black Lives Matter = Black Lives ALSO Matter.  

But we as a culture generally erase or ignore their relevance. The saying BLM is meant to focus Our collective attention on racial disparities, particularly when it comes to justice, or lack thereof. 

So when people say All Lives Matter as a retort, it functions to yet again ignore their relevance. And maintain the status quo of racial disparities.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive     We all agree that All lives Matter, I see that "slogan" somewhat differently that many

I see the slogan of All black lives matter as the voice of the past. the voice of the Civil Rights movement and what they accomplished and what they didn't.
I see this slogan becoming the movement that the Civil Rights  was not able to complete.
The acceptance that all races are equal that all lives do matter. and that we need to accept the fact that even with all the laws that we have in this country we are still lagging in that acceptance.
So yes we we say All  black lives matter, what we mean to say and believe  is  that All lives matter.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

"Dipsticks" are defined as all people that believe ONLY black lives matter.  It is foolish to think black lives matter more than all lives matter.  I see BLM signs every time I see rioters as well as the liberal mayor of NYC painting it on the roadway.  The true racists are the BLMers and the people that support them!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

"Dipsticks" are defined as all people that believe ONLY black lives matter.  It is foolish to think black lives matter more than all lives matter.  I see BLM signs every time I see rioters as well as the liberal mayor of NYC painting it on the roadway.  The true racists are the BLMers and the people that support them!

Hmm... You didn't happen to be posting on Reddit today, where you? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Hmm... You didn't happen to be posting on Reddit today, where you? 

Never heard of it!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

They can’t!
Despite the rants of trump supporters, who have not renounced racism, we do need to address the BLM issues, along with issues for all other groups. 
If there is one group left out, we will not have all lives mattering. 
This is the United States of America for all people...not the white states of america, just for white people. 

I say that, and I am white, and sometimes not very proud of the actions of other white folks...we can and should do better for all people. 

Honored Social Butterfly

If all lives mattered, then that includes black lives too.  And whites wouldn't need to be reminded or be bothered by acknowledging such.

h5ssl7djqc351 (1).jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If all lives mattered, then that includes black lives too.

For the first time, I agree with you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png