Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

Message 41 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

I forgot to mention an important question that I do not know the answer to:

Will the soda taxes apply to club sodas which contain no sweeteners of any kind?

It might be fun to speculate on the answer, given the mentality of the liberals behind the tax. And, it might be fun to see liberals speculate about why I believe the question to be important.

Anyway, I will soon know the answer to this question by looking on the shelves of my local supermarkets. 

I'm guessing the GOPerLords told you the sugar industry was paying for all those studies that prove the harmful effects of artificial sweetners since that's the only place I can think anyone could find such an absurd statement. The simple truth is there is irrefutable proof of the connection between artificial sweetners and obesity, proof from innumerable studies conducted and replicated in numerous foreign countries.

Unlike the "bad rap" anecdotal musings by early 20th Century social conservative gave Absinthe to discourage its use, seems the 21th Century Regressives are pushing to destroy the health of Americans by encouraging destructive behavior. They probably don't like seatbelt laws either.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

Liberals need to get their stories straight.  The liberally controlled FDA approved high intensity sweeteners with the following stated rationale:

"Regardless of whether a substance is approved for use as a food additive or its use is determined to be GRAS, scientists must determine that it meets the safety standard of reasonable certainty of no harm under the intended conditions of its use. This standard of safety is defined in FDA’s regulations."

http://www.fda.gov/food/ingredientspackaginglabeling/foodadditivesingredients/ucm397716.htm

And, the FDA is and was headed by Obama Democrat appointees, Margaret Ann Hamburg and Robert Califf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Califf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamburg

And, although I have many disagreements with the FDA, the belief that high intensity sweeteners are harmless is not one of them.  Thus, we also agree that literature that says that these sweeteners are harmful is junk science.  Much like a broken clock, even Obama, Robert Califf and Margeret Hamburg are right twice a day.

Since this is a matter of life and death, I suspect that there is legal cause for the federal government to stop local taxes on diet soda.  If so, it will more likely happen under Trump.  Or, maybe, withhold federal funds from Cook County until the tax is withdrawn.

FUn to blameObama, but i cant think of any sweeteners approved uner his admin. I agree the FDA is a joke, and does not protects the populace as it should. This is not new, its been going on since there was an FDA. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 65

Liberals need to get their stories straight.  The liberally controlled FDA approved high intensity sweeteners with the following stated rationale:

"Regardless of whether a substance is approved for use as a food additive or its use is determined to be GRAS, scientists must determine that it meets the safety standard of reasonable certainty of no harm under the intended conditions of its use. This standard of safety is defined in FDA’s regulations."

http://www.fda.gov/food/ingredientspackaginglabeling/foodadditivesingredients/ucm397716.htm

And, the FDA is and was headed by Obama Democrat appointees, Margaret Ann Hamburg and Robert Califf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Califf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamburg

And, although I have many disagreements with the FDA, the belief that high intensity sweeteners are harmless is not one of them.  Thus, we also agree that literature that says that these sweeteners are harmful is junk science.  Much like a broken clock, even Obama, Robert Califf and Margeret Hamburg are right twice a day.

Since this is a matter of life and death, I suspect that there is legal cause for the federal government to stop local taxes on diet soda.  If so, it will more likely happen under Trump.  Or, maybe, withhold federal funds from Cook County until the tax is withdrawn.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 65

There's a basic flaw in the original premise of aruzinsky's subject post.

The CEOs, board members, directors and managers in the upper portions of all the corporations that manufacture and distribute non-nutritive sweeteners don't give a rat's posterior about anything but the bottom line, their bonuses and continuing to make money.

They aren't liberals - they are conservative corporation "people" - loosely speaking...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 65

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I have friends who have scrapped the artificial sweeteners and it has helped them immensely in losing weight, ie as long as they don't replace them with liquid sugar drinks and sweeteners. No, I am not talking about those with diabetes. Junk Science? Why? because you disagree with it? Seems as such.

I already explained why that is junk science.  I might add that it is scientifically appropriate to call the aforementioned sweeteners, "high intensity sweeteners," to include natural high intensity sweeteners such as stevia.   Stevia tastes bad, but that is not to say that better tasting natural high intensity sweereners won't be discovered in the future. 

Do you know how liberals frequently explain their failures by stating that they were underfunded and throwing more money at the problem would have solved it?   I am going to do something similar.  The reason that your friends failed to loose weight by consuming artificial sweeteners is because they did not consume enough of it.   For example, had they continually bloated their stomachs by drinking massive amounts of diet root beer, there would be no room for food and they would have lost weight.

Who voted for the legislation that was passed? There aren't enough liberals in our entire Congress to have passed it so your claim is erroneous.

You have no idea what the friends I referred to were doing so your statement about the "root beer" and everything else in reference to that is erroneous.

All the things you bring up about this only validates that you know little about things like high fructose corn syrup, liquid sugar products and artificial sweeteners, along with how they effect people who consume them.

Too much high fructose corn syrup causes some people to use "effect," instead of "affect," as a verb. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I have friends who have scrapped the artificial sweeteners and it has helped them immensely in losing weight, ie as long as they don't replace them with liquid sugar drinks and sweeteners. No, I am not talking about those with diabetes. Junk Science? Why? because you disagree with it? Seems as such.

I already explained why that is junk science.  I might add that it is scientifically appropriate to call the aforementioned sweeteners, "high intensity sweeteners," to include natural high intensity sweeteners such as stevia.   Stevia tastes bad, but that is not to say that better tasting natural high intensity sweereners won't be discovered in the future. 

Do you know how liberals frequently explain their failures by stating that they were underfunded and throwing more money at the problem would have solved it?   I am going to do something similar.  The reason that your friends failed to loose weight by consuming artificial sweeteners is because they did not consume enough of it.   For example, had they continually bloated their stomachs by drinking massive amounts of diet root beer, there would be no room for food and they would have lost weight.

Who voted for the legislation that was passed? There aren't enough liberals in our entire Congress to have passed it so your claim is erroneous.

You have no idea what the friends I referred to were doing so your statement about the "root beer" and everything else in reference to that is erroneous.

All the things you bring up about this only validates that you know little about things like high fructose corn syrup, liquid sugar products and artificial sweeteners, along with how they effect people who consume them.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 65

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

arunizsky  wrote IP

"Drinking artificial sweeteners has been proven to increase morbid obesity and all the associated health problems that society foots the bill for. "

That is a lie.  And, you immorally expect people to believe your ridiculous junk science statement without citing any specific scientific studies.  How is that not evil?

I've come to realize wingers cannot operate a Google search, so here's a tiny segment of one titled "Connection of artificial sweetners to morbid obesity". Try it yourself. Sorry, Breightbart and Fox did not make an appearence which could explain why you are unaware of the connection.

1. Artificial sweeteners could lead to obesity, diabetes. ... Another study revealed a link between diet soda drinking and weight gain over time.

2. From this, they found several associations between long-term consumption of artificial sweeteners and increased weight, ... (an indicator of abdominal obesity), ...

3. Sugar substitutes linked to obesity. ... to show an association between the use of artificial sweeteners and the occurrence ... to Facebook Share link to this ...

4. Sep 17, 2014 · Could Artificial Sweeteners Be Contributing To ... help the obesity ... gut bacteria are the connection between artificial sweeteners ...

5. Artificial sweeteners tied to obesity, ... Small and some other researchers believe artificial sweeteners interfere with brain chemistry and hormones that regulate ...

6. Cutting the connection between sweets and ... Artificial Sweeteners Linked To ... who drink more diet drinks are at higher risk for obesity and ...

7. Tourette’s Syndrome and the Effects of Sweeteners | Patti's ...
    pattispathways.com/2014/03/28/tourettes-syndrome...

2 thoughts on “ Tourette’s Syndrome and the ... evidence is showing a connection between these ... and morbid obesity where the side effects ...

The above references are full of the words, "could," "tied," "linked," "connection," which are the buzz words of junk science to confuse mathematical correlation with cause and effect. No cause and effect were proven.  Any mathematical correlation between artificial sweeteners and weight gain could be the result of a third variable causing the other two.  For example, people with a genetic predisposition to become obese will try to control their weight with artificial sweeteners.  In this case, the "third variable" is a genetic predisposition to become obese that causes both the consumption of artificial sweeteners and weight gain.

From your first reference:

------------------------------------------------------------

This is an opinion piece not a scientific study," the ABA said in a statement. "Low-calorie sweeteners are some of the most studied and reviewed ingredients in the food supply today. They are safe and an effective tool in weight loss and weight management, according to decades of scientific research and regulatory agencies around the globe."

To quote you, WHAT YOU POST IS A LIE !! sheesh. have people escaped the alz forum?

That is TRULY a quote from YOUR first reference.  I am not lying about that.  If the quoted material from YOUR reference is a lie, YOU, not I, own it.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 65

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do you know how liberals frequently explain their failures by stating that they were underfunded and throwing more money at the problem would have solved it?   I am going to do something similar.  The reason that your friends failed to lose weight by consuming artificial sweeteners is because they did not consume enough of it.   For example, had they continually bloated their stomachs by drinking massive amounts of diet root beer, there would be no room for food and they would have lost weight.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

I forgot to mention an important question that I do not know the answer to:

Will the soda taxes apply to club sodas which contain no sweeteners of any kind?

It might be fun to speculate on the answer, given the mentality of the liberals behind the tax. And, it might be fun to see liberals speculate about why I believe the question to be important.

Anyway, I will soon know the answer to this question by looking on the shelves of my local supermarkets. 

Cat, dead. Trump admitted guilt in his university fraud case and you are ok with that.

Cat, Dead. You cant support your view scientifically, or dispute the science of those who post against you, so of course you blame liberals for taxes. I havent seen the political breakdown yet of the polity voting for the increase. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

arunizsky  wrote IP

"Drinking artificial sweeteners has been proven to increase morbid obesity and all the associated health problems that society foots the bill for. "

That is a lie.  And, you immorally expect people to believe your ridiculous junk science statement without citing any specific scientific studies.  How is that not evil?

I've come to realize wingers cannot operate a Google search, so here's a tiny segment of one titled "Connection of artificial sweetners to morbid obesity". Try it yourself. Sorry, Breightbart and Fox did not make an appearence which could explain why you are unaware of the connection.

1. Artificial sweeteners could lead to obesity, diabetes. ... Another study revealed a link between diet soda drinking and weight gain over time.

2. From this, they found several associations between long-term consumption of artificial sweeteners and increased weight, ... (an indicator of abdominal obesity), ...

3. Sugar substitutes linked to obesity. ... to show an association between the use of artificial sweeteners and the occurrence ... to Facebook Share link to this ...

4. Sep 17, 2014 · Could Artificial Sweeteners Be Contributing To ... help the obesity ... gut bacteria are the connection between artificial sweeteners ...

5. Artificial sweeteners tied to obesity, ... Small and some other researchers believe artificial sweeteners interfere with brain chemistry and hormones that regulate ...

6. Cutting the connection between sweets and ... Artificial Sweeteners Linked To ... who drink more diet drinks are at higher risk for obesity and ...

7. Tourette’s Syndrome and the Effects of Sweeteners | Patti's ...
    pattispathways.com/2014/03/28/tourettes-syndrome...

2 thoughts on “ Tourette’s Syndrome and the ... evidence is showing a connection between these ... and morbid obesity where the side effects ...

The above references are full of the words, "could," "tied," "linked," "connection," which are the buzz words of junk science to confuse mathematical correlation with cause and effect. No cause and effect were proven.  Any mathematical correlation between artificial sweeteners and weight gain could be the result of a third variable causing the other two.  For example, people with a genetic predisposition to become obese will try to control their weight with artificial sweeteners.  In this case, the "third variable" is a genetic predisposition to become obese that causes both the consumption of artificial sweeteners and weight gain.

From your first reference:

This is an opinion piece not a scientific study," the ABA said in a statement. "Low-calorie sweeteners are some of the most studied and reviewed ingredients in the food supply today. They are safe and an effective tool in weight loss and weight management, according to decades of scientific research and regulatory agencies around the globe."

To quote you, WHAT YOU POST IS A LIE !! sheesh. have people escaped the alz forum?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views