Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

Message 21 of 65

@Olderscout66 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:.  In particular, I never alleged deaths "may have been partially attributable to non-nutritive sweeteners".   Elsewhere in this thread, I alleged that non-nutritive sweeteners save lives.

But all the available evidence proves non-nutritive sweeteners DO increase morbid obesity leading to diabetes, heart failure and premature death. Saying that can "save lives" is Republican.

If you read my first post in this thread, my primary allegation was that non-nutritive sweeteners save the lives of those people with pre-existing diabetes.   The Cook County commissioners immorally failed to address this issue.  

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 65

@Panjandrom wrote:

Mlseker; 

read them. I might note yours is funded by the sugar industry.

OMG that's funny.

Wonder if there are any stock holdings related to the sugar industry among Cook County executives and commissioners - I know that the commisoners for my county are pretty much bought and paid for...

The whole world knows that republicans/conservatives claim to be puctiliously truthful and honest - just like liddle donnie - whose two thousand plus untruths/lies - occurring twice as often as the truth - are "mere statistical blips"...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 65

What part of "the tax was repealed as of 12/1/17" didn't you nanny liberals understand?  That was caused by some Democratic county commissioners reversing their decision for political purposes.  Those reversals were admissions of mistake by Democrats.  And, nanny liberal Michael Bloomberg failed thereby wasting his money.  That makes me happy. 

Whine about saving lives all you want, you nanny liberals don't dictate to others how much to value their quality of life relative to their length of life.  That is a decision that only individuals should make.  And, the citizens of Cook County will come next election. This isn't over, yet.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 65

Mlseker; 

read them. I might note yours is funded by the sugar industry.

OMG that's funny.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 65

Centristsin2010:  LOL.....it's ludicrous, isn't it MIseker?  Using the bizarre logic provided in the topic, Republicans killed over 300,000 innocent lives in the middle east and want the poor to die of hunger here in the US.

I thought the same thing. It's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to pin on liberals while ignoring the many things conservatives have done that will probably kill people........like taking away their healthcare. Too many conservatives have less self awareness than a gnat or they'd be too embarrassed to post this sort of thing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 65

aruzinsky wrote:.  In particular, I never alleged deaths "may have been partially attributable to non-nutritive sweeteners".   Elsewhere in this thread, I alleged that non-nutritive sweeteners save lives.

But all the available evidence proves non-nutritive sweeteners DO increase morbid obesity leading to diabetes, heart failure and premature death. Saying that can "save lives" is Republican.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

I hate living in a Banana Republic like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4N2dk0cMk

Then why do you vote Republican?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 65

Republicans have never thought a person's health was more important than higher profits. that's why they fought against regulating tobacco and now fight against the highly profitable high fructose corn syrup that makes its way into just about everything these days. They ignore the addictive quality of sugar additives, and praise the genius who invented "supersize me" as an ad slogan.

Now a reasonable attempt to slow the increase in childhood obesity and skyrocketing cases of diabetes, they think the Freedom of Americans will be destroyed by making it harder for a 15-year-old to weigh 400lbs.

The question is important because like tobacco, sugar is costing the medical care system in this country billions every year and shortening lives to the point Americans life expectancy has DECLINED for the last 2 years. But like so many other issues, Republicans refuse to even consider that those who cause a problem should be required to help pay for the solution.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 65

@Richva wrote:

Ok........I just read the original post and this was all a joke, right?

Some people believe whackadoodle rightwingnut crackpottery - but those who represent the majority of American Citizens usually usually roll their eyes upward and discount the ravings of those they consider to be nutcases...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 65

Ok........I just read the original post and this was all a joke, right?

Kudos
Views