Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

Message 11 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

I submit that the liberally controlled taxes on diet soda in the areas of Chicago and Philadelphia will kill some people and save the lives of no one.

Background information:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/monday-letters-sugar-tax-on-diet-soda-makes-no-sense/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20160611_Surprised_by_diet_soda_tax__some_health_experts_now...

My argument:

Some diabetics who want to drink diet soda will be driven to drink less expensive sugary drinks such as KoolAid and Fruit Juice cocktails. This will raise their AIC thereby shortening their lives. See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414153

And, the diet soda drinkers who switch to tap water will not extend their lives.  Some will drink lead contaminated tap water (think of Flint, MI), thereby shortening their lives.  Shortening someone's life by a time period, X, is, in effect, the same as shooting them in the head, time period, X, before they would have died anyway therefore my use of the word "kill" is justified.   And, some people will continue to drink diet soda but become grumpy from paying more while having their sensibilities offended by stupid liberal justifications. This "grumpiness" will result in increased rates of domestic violence, road rage, etc., some of which will result in deaths of innocent people who have no interest in drinking soda.

Where  in hades do you come from?

I have diabetes 2  I take pills, no need to take insulin, I know what my diet should be and pay attention to my carb consumption. Because my A1C  is low, I don't test daily. but like I have said I keep track of my carbs and have kept Diabetis at bay.
What in the world being a diabetic has to do with Lieberals or your  post being justified or even credible?
Peope with any kind of health issue will do stupid things, some all the time and some just part of the time.

But now I have seen the unthinkable. blaming the course of a desease on Liberals why not on jerks that obviously don't care to do what they should do?

Please, do not confuse political affiliations with stupidity,  Becasue if you do, I can see that many belong to the Trump Party. And guess what. My diabetes told me. LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 65

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

What part of "the tax was repealed as of 12/1/17" didn't you nanny liberals understand?  That was caused by some Democratic county commissioners reversing their decision for political purposes.  Those reversals were admissions of mistake by Democrats.  And, nanny liberal Michael Bloomberg failed thereby wasting his money.  That makes me happy. 

Whine about saving lives all you want, you nanny liberals don't dictate to others how much to value their quality of life relative to their length of life.  That is a decision that only individuals should make.  And, the citizens of Cook County will come next election. This isn't over, yet.

Ah yes, the "Nanny State" argument. It was used to fight mandatory seat belts, safety glass in windshields, health departments, mine safety regulations, and consumer protection regulations.  When protecting the individual gets in the way of profits, conservatives break out the "Nanny State" argument. 

Just think - if it weren't for the "Nanny State" - diabetics might get phony drugs or drugs with dangeous and possible long term fatal side effects - there are numerous medications as well as fradulent imitation medications that are no longer permitted on the market due to the "interference" of that disgusting "Nanny State"...

So what's better for health and long term longevity - the current liberal "Nanny State" - or the conservative "Ninny State" of the 1950s and before?

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em,kids - remenber - tobacco and high fructose corn syrup are both actually good for you - doctors hired by the tobacco industry and by the sugar industry said so...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 65

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

What part of "the tax was repealed as of 12/1/17" didn't you nanny liberals understand?  That was caused by some Democratic county commissioners reversing their decision for political purposes.  Those reversals were admissions of mistake by Democrats.  And, nanny liberal Michael Bloomberg failed thereby wasting his money.  That makes me happy. 

Whine about saving lives all you want, you nanny liberals don't dictate to others how much to value their quality of life relative to their length of life.  That is a decision that only individuals should make.  And, the citizens of Cook County will come next election. This isn't over, yet.

Ah yes, the "Nanny State" argument. It was used to fight mandatory seat belts, safety glass in windshields, health departments, mine safety regulations, and consumer protection regulations.  When protecting the individual gets in the way of profits, conservatives break out the "Nanny State" argument. 

What Republicans really want is exemption from responsibility for the damage their products cause. All part of their agenda to return America to the 1950's and from their to the 1850's. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em kids.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

I submit that the liberally controlled taxes on diet soda in the areas of Chicago and Philadelphia will kill some people and save the lives of no one.

Background information:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/monday-letters-sugar-tax-on-diet-soda-makes-no-sense/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20160611_Surprised_by_diet_soda_tax__some_health_experts_now...

My argument:

Some diabetics who want to drink diet soda will be driven to drink less expensive sugary drinks such as KoolAid and Fruit Juice cocktails. This will raise their AIC thereby shortening their lives. See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414153

And, the diet soda drinkers who switch to tap water will not extend their lives.  Some will drink lead contaminated tap water (think of Flint, MI), thereby shortening their lives.  Shortening someone's life by a time period, X, is, in effect, the same as shooting them in the head, time period, X, before they would have died anyway therefore my use of the word "kill" is justified.   And, some people will continue to drink diet soda but become grumpy from paying more while having their sensibilities offended by stupid liberal justifications. This "grumpiness" will result in increased rates of domestic violence, road rage, etc., some of which will result in deaths of innocent people who have no interest in drinking soda.

Been a long time since I’ve seen so much ridiculousness in one post. The author, along with supporting information, should be put together to create some bizarre  far-fetched sci-fi movie. No wonder these people support trump, their  propensities with regard to stretching and/or ignoring the truth are just as grand as his.

Totally bizarre and irrational thought processes are apparent here.

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

against senseless deaths? suprise me with a decent gun control proposal. Admit there are too many innocent killed by cops. because if you cant do that, you complaint isnt really about people living and dying due to sweetener policies. it not even really about choice is it? im assuming a large number of people killed by guns were chosing to live a bit longer..but lack of oversight put an end to that.

going by YOUR topic, i can easily say Conservatives have caused more deaths than all our wars. 

Its your topic, and its about killing innocent people. 

You are off-topic.  

is the topic about protecting people or not protecting them? is it a partisan attack topic? going forward, every time i see a topic about who is causing what as far as deaths..im bringing up those 2 issues. Because, if you dont have a solution, you are not only a part of the problem, you arent really sincere about relieving causes of death, and are just playing politics by pointing fingers.. at what? choice? to shoot or not to shoot?

This topic is NOT about protecting ALL people from everything.  It is about protecting some pre-existing diabetics in Cook County.  Why?  Because I am a pre-existing diabetic.  Start your own thread for your topic instead of polluting mine.

You failed to properly title your topic, and instead, demonstrated what appears to be deliberate right wing disingenuity in choice of topic title.

An application of the sentiment in Friedrich Nietzsche's aphorism - " I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you."  - is quite appropriate here...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 65

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

against senseless deaths? suprise me with a decent gun control proposal. Admit there are too many innocent killed by cops. because if you cant do that, you complaint isnt really about people living and dying due to sweetener policies. it not even really about choice is it? im assuming a large number of people killed by guns were chosing to live a bit longer..but lack of oversight put an end to that.

going by YOUR topic, i can easily say Conservatives have caused more deaths than all our wars. 

You are off-topic.  

is the topic about protecting people or not protecting them? is it a partisan attack topic? going forward, every time i see a topic about who is causing what as far as deaths..im bringing up those 2 issues. Because, if you dont have a solution, you are not only a part of the problem, you arent really sincere about relieving causes of death, and are just playing politics by pointing fingers.. at what? choice? to shoot or not to shoot?

This topic is NOT about protecting ALL people from everything.  It is about protecting some pre-existing diabetics in Cook County.  Why?  Because I am a pre-existing diabetic.  Start your own thread for your topic instead of polluting mine.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

You are off-topic.  

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 65

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

You are off-topic.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views