Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

Message 1 of 65

Coal mining is the number one cause of "Black Lung" disease.  So, what did trump supporters want to do?  Increase coal production!  Of course some don't REALLY care now, do they?  They can't make faux political hay out ot it.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Your suggestion that I read 417,000 results is insane.   Since it behooves the sugar industry to prove that artificial sweeteners are harmful, scientific studies funded by the sugar industry that show artificial sweeteners to be harmless are less suspect of fraud than studies of artificial sweeteners not funded by the sugar industry.  Your failure to not logically connect those dots is insane.

Again, this is further proof that liberalism is a mental disease.

Could you please do this message board a favot?  Please delete the posts that you are not answering as you can see they are not readable and really they are only empty space on the post .

I cannot delete the posts that I am not answering because only the people who wrote them or the moderators can do that.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 65

@aruzinsky wrote:

Your suggestion that I read 417,000 results is insane.   Since it behooves the sugar industry to prove that artificial sweeteners are harmful, scientific studies funded by the sugar industry that show artificial sweeteners to be harmless are less suspect of fraud than studies of artificial sweeteners not funded by the sugar industry.  Your failure to not logically connect those dots is insane.

Again, this is further proof that liberalism is a mental disease.

Could you please do this message board a favot?  Please delete the posts that you are not answering as you can see they are not readable and really they are only empty space on the post .

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 65

aruzinsky wrote:

I doubt it.  Some starchy foods such as mashed potatoes (87)  have a glycemic index that is higher than that of sugar (sucrose) (63).  And, when I began testing my blood glucose, I was surprised by how much potato chips raised it. And, pretzels are worse than Coca Cola.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-food...

-

Yes, I can clearly see the equal nutritional value of mashed potatoes and sugar sodas.  After all, none of us believe that science stuff, do we?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 65

@gruffstuff wrote:

How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

I read through all the posts, skimmed them really and I agree, I think applying a sugar tax to diet soda sweetened with sucralose is silly and probably counter productive, but I don't think a tax on sugar, particularly soda sweetened with sugar is.

No question that sugar is the driving factor behind diabetes, and sugar sweetened soda is the worse of the worse sugar based factor behind diabetes.

Diet soda these days is sweetened with suralose, you can buy bulk suralose off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplements-Sucralose-Powder-50-grams/dp/B00CCXMBF0?th=1

Add that to Kool Aid, make lemonade, make sweetened tea, buy an ice tea brewer.

I do all of the above, and I use it in cooking. 

Don't like suralose, OK .... don't use it, to make any of the above, or more, or in cooking  or to drink diet soda. 

I think it's probably to cumbersome to tax soda based on ingredients, to much trouble for retailers and the staff of retailers to sort it out, so they just tax all soda.

In the big scheme of things that probably works better in the long run, a tax on soda will reduce diabetes, and many other health issues,   even if it cost people with diabetes more to buy soda now, there will be less people with diabetes in the future. 

It's not just about  people who want their sugar fix now, or people trying to cope with sugar addiction now, it's about bending the curve on people being addicted to sugar and all the bad side affects from that addiction, obesity, heart trouble, vascular insufficiency, diabetes, joint problems, loss of productivity, loss of enjoyment in life.

So a tax on diet soda might make me grumble, but I get it, and hopefully a way will be found to make diet soda excluded from sugar taxes.

However liberals killing innocent people ............ no... people do that to themselves in any number of ways, sugar addiction  is just one of those ways.

"No question that sugar is the driving factor behind diabetes" -

I doubt it.  Some starchy foods such as mashed potatoes (87)  have a glycemic index that is higher than that of sugar (sucrose) (63).  And, when I began testing my blood glucose, I was surprised by how much potato chips raised it. And, pretzels are worse than Coca Cola.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-food...

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

Are we  in this message board going down with this thread from the sublime to the ridiculous?

Please, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a diabetic, please, we are not a section of the population that can be construed as mentally retarded. so, please leave us alone. and we will make the choices that we feel like making. Is that clear to many of you.?

Are you speaking to nanny liberals like Michael Bloomberg?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 65

@gruffstuff— liberals killing people! Exactly why the entire original post was immediately discounted by myself. Nothing worse than a right wing alarmist. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 65

Are we  in this message board going down with this thread from the sublime to the ridiculous?

Please, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a diabetic, please, we are not a section of the population that can be construed as mentally retarded. so, please leave us alone. and we will make the choices that we feel like making. Is that clear to many of you.?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 65

How Some Liberals Will Kill Some Innocent People

I read through all the posts, skimmed them really and I agree, I think applying a sugar tax to diet soda sweetened with sucralose is silly and probably counter productive, but I don't think a tax on sugar, particularly soda sweetened with sugar is.

No question that sugar is the driving factor behind diabetes, and sugar sweetened soda is the worse of the worse sugar based factor behind diabetes.

Diet soda these days is sweetened with suralose, you can buy bulk suralose off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplements-Sucralose-Powder-50-grams/dp/B00CCXMBF0?th=1

Add that to Kool Aid, make lemonade, make sweetened tea, buy an ice tea brewer.

I do all of the above, and I use it in cooking. 

Don't like suralose, OK .... don't use it, to make any of the above, or more, or in cooking  or to drink diet soda. 

I think it's probably to cumbersome to tax soda based on ingredients, to much trouble for retailers and the staff of retailers to sort it out, so they just tax all soda.

In the big scheme of things that probably works better in the long run, a tax on soda will reduce diabetes, and many other health issues,   even if it cost people with diabetes more to buy soda now, there will be less people with diabetes in the future. 

It's not just about  people who want their sugar fix now, or people trying to cope with sugar addiction now, it's about bending the curve on people being addicted to sugar and all the bad side affects from that addiction, obesity, heart trouble, vascular insufficiency, diabetes, joint problems, loss of productivity, loss of enjoyment in life.

So a tax on diet soda might make me grumble, but I get it, and hopefully a way will be found to make diet soda excluded from sugar taxes.

However liberals killing innocent people ............ no... people do that to themselves in any number of ways, sugar addiction  is just one of those ways.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 65

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

I submit that the liberally controlled taxes on diet soda in the areas of Chicago and Philadelphia will kill some people and save the lives of no one.

Background information:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/monday-letters-sugar-tax-on-diet-soda-makes-no-sense/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20160611_Surprised_by_diet_soda_tax__some_health_experts_now...

My argument:

Some diabetics who want to drink diet soda will be driven to drink less expensive sugary drinks such as KoolAid and Fruit Juice cocktails. This will raise their AIC thereby shortening their lives. See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25414153

And, the diet soda drinkers who switch to tap water will not extend their lives.  Some will drink lead contaminated tap water (think of Flint, MI), thereby shortening their lives.  Shortening someone's life by a time period, X, is, in effect, the same as shooting them in the head, time period, X, before they would have died anyway therefore my use of the word "kill" is justified.   And, some people will continue to drink diet soda but become grumpy from paying more while having their sensibilities offended by stupid liberal justifications. This "grumpiness" will result in increased rates of domestic violence, road rage, etc., some of which will result in deaths of innocent people who have no interest in drinking soda.

Where  in hades do you come from?

I have diabetes 2  I take pills, no need to take insulin, I know what my diet should be and pay attention to my carb consumption. Because my A1C  is low, I don't test daily. but like I have said I keep track of my carbs and have kept Diabetis at bay.
What in the world being a diabetic has to do with Lieberals or your  post being justified or even credible?
Peope with any kind of health issue will do stupid things, some all the time and some just part of the time.

But now I have seen the unthinkable. blaming the course of a desease on Liberals why not on jerks that obviously don't care to do what they should do?

Please, do not confuse political affiliations with stupidity,  Becasue if you do, I can see that many belong to the Trump Party. And guess what. My diabetes told me. LOL

A possible example of the well known GCC syndrome?

Grumpy Conservative Crackpot syndrome?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views