Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
448
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

448 Views
Message 41 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

 

It’s absolutely stunning to me that conservatives are ok with governmental interference into one of our most fundamental rights as members of a free society.  Seems to me you’d want the least restrictive means necessary when interfering with human freedoms.

 

Republicans have being going full speed ahead with voter suppression since the 2013 Supreme Court ruling on the 1965 Voters Rights Act. They use simpleton tactics to “ensure” the legitimacy to voter roles, like purging voter roles or requiring ID, or street addresses or register, etc. They aren’t tech savvy at all. Or they deliberately choose not to be. Our states could proactively register everyone to vote. They don’t have to rely on the individual. We have a so many data bases that share information.  Pull data from those and register everyone who’s over 18 and a citizen.  Let people vote anywhere they want in their state. 

 

If you care about the legitimacy of voting, show you care about it for all people. Not just people like you. Fight for voter registration practices that don’t exclude minorities. 

 

~Tempermental

 

“The real extent of voter suppression in the United States is contested. As was the case for poll taxes and literacy tests long ago, restrictive election laws are often, on their face, racially neutral, giving them a sheen of legitimacy. But the new data from PRRI and The Atlantic suggest that the outcomes of these laws are in no way racially neutral.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/poll-prri-voter-suppression/565355/

 

 

Just a few current examples: 

 

Georgia 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/gwinnett-county-absentee-ballots/index.html

 

North Dakota

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/north-dakota-native-american-voters/

 

North Carolina

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/09/north-carolina-all-set-to-use-unconstitutional-vot.ht...

 

Alabama

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/voting-rights-alabama.html

 

Ohio

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/11/17448742/ohio-voter-purge-supreme-court-ruling

 

 Managing the voting process is and always has been the job of the government. You are too easily stunned.

 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
448
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
429
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

429 Views
Message 42 of 53

Let's amend federal and state constitutions to allow people to cast a number of votes for each candidate equal to the product of their IQ and age.  Then we could allow two year olds and felons to vote.  Okay? 

You are getting sleepy.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
429
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
437
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

437 Views
Message 43 of 53

@NOTHAPPENING

Can you say that trump repubs are openly supporting and promoting all citizens and their right to vote. Including minorities, whether in a red or blue state. 

And they try to help and encourage voter registration and easy access to polling sites. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
437
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
437
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

437 Views
Message 44 of 53

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Hold up. If there is no voter fraud, then it cannot be stopped. In your scenario, then, there cannot be obstruction.  Case closed.  C ya.

 

There is no voter fraud because the tried and true voter registration process stops it before it can happen.

 

Only states controlled by Republicans have voter ID laws, but somehow we don't have voter fraud at a national level.

 

How do you explain that?


How do you explain that ONLY Democrats are against any laws that deter fraud?


Please Provide Any Evidence There is Any Evidence of Significant Voter Fraud in Any US State

 

Please Provide Any Evidence There is Any Evidence of Wide Spread Voter Fraud in Any US State

 

You Cannot

 

Trump commisioned a National Study on Voter Fraud - it lasted 2 Months and found the only FRAUD was by the members of the Committee

 

 


The left says there is no fraud yet they are against any id used at the polls. They accept ids to get a license, at the bank, at the grocery store, at the doctor, when applying for a passport, but where it counts (at the ballot box), they snub their noses at cheating, saying "it doesn't happen". It should be the law of the land!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
437
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
444
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

444 Views
Message 45 of 53

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Hold up. If there is no voter fraud, then it cannot be stopped. In your scenario, then, there cannot be obstruction.  Case closed.  C ya.

 

There is no voter fraud because the tried and true voter registration process stops it before it can happen.

 

Only states controlled by Republicans have voter ID laws, but somehow we don't have voter fraud at a national level.

 

How do you explain that?


How do you explain that ONLY Democrats are against any laws that deter fraud?


Please Provide Any Evidence There is Any Evidence of Significant Voter Fraud in Any US State

 

Please Provide Any Evidence There is Any Evidence of Wide Spread Voter Fraud in Any US State

 

You Cannot

 

Trump commisioned a National Study on Voter Fraud - it lasted 2 Months and found the only FRAUD was by the members of the Committee

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
444
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
453
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

453 Views
Message 46 of 53

How do you explain that ONLY Democrats are against any laws that deter fraud?

 

They're not, what they do in blue states works, there is no fraud based on identity at the polling place.

 

ID laws prevent / deter people from voting, that is what I'm against, because I believe in Democracy.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
453
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
462
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

462 Views
Message 47 of 53

@gruffstuff wrote:

Hold up. If there is no voter fraud, then it cannot be stopped. In your scenario, then, there cannot be obstruction.  Case closed.  C ya.

 

There is no voter fraud because the tried and true voter registration process stops it before it can happen.

 

Only states controlled by Republicans have voter ID laws, but somehow we don't have voter fraud at a national level.

 

How do you explain that?


How do you explain that ONLY Democrats are against any laws that deter fraud?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
462
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
448
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

448 Views
Message 48 of 53

 

It’s absolutely stunning to me that conservatives are ok with governmental interference into one of our most fundamental rights as members of a free society.  Seems to me you’d want the least restrictive means necessary when interfering with human freedoms.

 

Republicans have being going full speed ahead with voter suppression since the 2013 Supreme Court ruling on the 1965 Voters Rights Act. They use simpleton tactics to “ensure” the legitimacy to voter roles, like purging voter roles or requiring ID, or street addresses or register, etc. They aren’t tech savvy at all. Or they deliberately choose not to be. Our states could proactively register everyone to vote. They don’t have to rely on the individual. We have a so many data bases that share information.  Pull data from those and register everyone who’s over 18 and a citizen.  Let people vote anywhere they want in their state. 

 

If you care about the legitimacy of voting, show you care about it for all people. Not just people like you. Fight for voter registration practices that don’t exclude minorities. 

 

~Tempermental

 

“The real extent of voter suppression in the United States is contested. As was the case for poll taxes and literacy tests long ago, restrictive election laws are often, on their face, racially neutral, giving them a sheen of legitimacy. But the new data from PRRI and The Atlantic suggest that the outcomes of these laws are in no way racially neutral.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/poll-prri-voter-suppression/565355/

 

 

Just a few current examples: 

 

Georgia 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/gwinnett-county-absentee-ballots/index.html

 

North Dakota

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/north-dakota-native-american-voters/

 

North Carolina

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/09/north-carolina-all-set-to-use-unconstitutional-vot.ht...

 

Alabama

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/voting-rights-alabama.html

 

Ohio

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/11/17448742/ohio-voter-purge-supreme-court-ruling

 

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
448
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
6
Kudos
472
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

472 Views
Message 49 of 53

Hold up. If there is no voter fraud, then it cannot be stopped. In your scenario, then, there cannot be obstruction.  Case closed.  C ya.

 

There is no voter fraud because the tried and true voter registration process stops it before it can happen.

 

Only states controlled by Republicans have voter ID laws, but somehow we don't have voter fraud at a national level.

 

How do you explain that?

Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
472
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
470
Views

Re: How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

470 Views
Message 50 of 53

@gruffstuff wrote:

How Republicans Deny People Their Right To Vote

 

Republicans, stopping the voter fraud that doesn't exist, with poll obstruction as a by product.

 

Sure it's not just obstructing the polls?


Hold up. If there is no voter fraud, then it cannot be stopped. In your scenario, then, there cannot be obstruction.  Case closed.  C ya.

 

 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
470
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors