Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Long Can Some Beat A Dead Horse

Message 31 of 61

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Seems Republicans have a serious problem with metaphores.

Lil donny calls 'WITCH HUNT" but the REASON intelligent people say that is THERE ARE NO WITCHES, hence the "hunt" is doomed to failure. Instead of failure, Mueller has gotten grand juries to hand down nearly 40 felony indictments and 6 of donny's top aides are going to JAIL.

Now GOPers have been told to try a new slogan "beat a dead horse". Again intelligent people use this to indicate the action in question cannot produce the desired result - the dead horse will not get up. But again reasonable observers must point out to the GOPers the Mueller investigation and numerous other inquiries into the actions of lil donny, his family and his organization (presumably the "dead horse") continue to produce indictments and convictions.

If Republicans ask how long someone can "beat a dead horse" they should be answered with another question: How long can you shout: BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI Seems the answer to that question is "as long as they have breath in their bodies." and the fact the entire Benghazi attack took place over 95 minutes will not matter to the dedicated Hillary Hater.

Did she not lie about the cause of Benghazi Benghazi?

And, what was the result of the investigation of her using her office to enrich the family business?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 61

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

With 17 "LIVE" investigations of the most scandalous administration ever to grace the steps of the White House, I find your meme to be COUNTERFACTUAL.

This may be the first president that serves time in a prison.

Yep, lotsa investigations of all types. It seems the the "Resistance" is fulfilling it's promises.

It actually is living up to its promises, isn't it. Kind of like 1776 all over again where we are fighting a guerrilla war against an insane tyrant. 

Is it your point that circumstances call for an armed uprising?

"which of my words lead you to believe i am calling for an armed uprising?".  I simply pointed out that Americans can and will rise up against insane tyrants.  The resistance is living up to its promises. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 61

wow, you're on a Roll tonight! RK. Awesome!

so, my point (as you well know) is not something that "happened" 45 years ago. It is the entirety of a 45 year duration of scuzzy business practices. These have been reported in the press since the mid-1970's!

Maybe if the press had done more reporting on what a sleezeball this guy (Trump) is, maybe we all wouldn't be in this mess now! It's one thing for members of the two major political parties to disagree on issues; but quite another  to have such a slimeball bozo as this guy as our "leader"!

How 'bout that FAKE scam "Real Estate" school that Trump was running only a few years ago and now he has to pony up some cash to the people who sued him over this SCAM. That was not 45 years ago, only within the past few years.l Do we want a CROOK for president? I don't myself!

@rk9152 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

Back to the original cartoon ... I wish the press had/would put a lot more effort into investigating Trump's general dirtbag methods of operations in his business dealings over the past 45 years, as well as his dirtbag personal life of corrupt dirtbaggery.

Why? Business actions 45 years ago are unrelated to the job of the President.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

Back to the original cartoon ... I wish the press had/would put a lot more effort into investigating Trump's general dirtbag methods of operations in his business dealings over the past 45 years, as well as his dirtbag personal life of corrupt dirtbaggery.

I  imagine to establish thr precedent that he has always been a crook.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 61
How Long Can Some Beat A Dead Horse?

As long as the hate Trump crowd are around. They have not come up with anything.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 61

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The Mueller investigation has produced multiple indictments and some are going to prison. The Mueller investigation isn't two years old yet.

Seven Republican investigations and an FBI investigation over the course of years and no indictments.  Now the Far Right wants to investigate her again.

How long with the Radical Right beat that Dead Horse?

Seems Republicans have a serious problem with metaphores.

Lil donny calls 'WITCH HUNT" but the REASON intelligent people say that is THERE ARE NO WITCHES, hence the "hunt" is doomed to failure. Instead of failure, Mueller has gotten grand juries to hand down nearly 40 felony indictments and 6 of donny's top aides are going to JAIL.

Now GOPers have been told to try a new slogan "beat a dead horse". Again intelligent people use this to indicate the action in question cannot produce the desired result - the dead horse will not get up. But again reasonable observers must point out to the GOPers the Mueller investigation and numerous other inquiries into the actions of lil donny, his family and his organization (presumably the "dead horse") continue to produce indictments and convictions.

If Republicans ask how long someone can "beat a dead horse" they should be answered with another question: How long can you shout: BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI Seems the answer to that question is "as long as they have breath in their bodies." and the fact the entire Benghazi attack took place over 95 minutes will not matter to the dedicated Hillary Hater.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

With 17 "LIVE" investigations of the most scandalous administration ever to grace the steps of the White House, I find your meme to be COUNTERFACTUAL.

Yep, lotsa investigations of all types. It seems the the "Resistance" is fulfilling it's promises.

It actually is living up to its promises, isn't it. Kind of like 1776 all over again where we are fighting a guerrilla war against an insane tyrant. 

"which of my words lead you to believe i am calling for an armed uprising?".  I simply pointed out that Americans can and will rise up against insane tyrants.  The resistance is living up to its promises. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 61

@FredSmif wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 61

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 61

@FredSmif wrote:
  •  

Yes, "some see". Some see today as Thursday - wotta ya gonna do.

However, how many Obama or Clinton associates (some current, some in the past) have had their lives fully investigated and caught in "process crimes" in an effort to "get" the constitutionally elected President?

As many times as it seem to be necessary. no one is above the law 

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.