Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Long Can Some Beat A Dead Horse

Message 21 of 61

@Soosie 

Just for the record, I’m not okay with it as I understand the courtesy to be maintained on this Online site. 

Where are the limits whether it is a drawn cartoon, or an animated cartoon or clip...how much blood and gore are the limit? Shootings, stabbings, decapitation?

I do find it preferable to not beat dead horses, whip dogs, or skin cats!

Perhaps that is just what I think. 

Never Forget

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 61
@williamb39198...........I already told you that, but once again..........it gives posters here something to write about. Yours is a far reach when you bring a cartoon drawn animal into it and worry about someone mistreating it. It is not a REAL animal. Someone drew it. Are you OK with that? Hope so. I think this one has provided all that can be done with it. Don't worry, when I have time I will hunt another.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 61

@Soosie 

What good deed was performed? Apparently none if one is a horse!

Okay, so what was the purpose, even in cartoon form of showing a bloody form of an animal beaten to death?

You stated that it has served it’s purpose, what might that be?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 61
Went back to check the cartoon...

So what is the limit of blood and gore in cartoons? And what is the limit of showing abuse of a person or animal?

Or are there limits? I don’t care for it nor think that it should be part of our discussions.

Seems that we get called on use of words, would the same rules apply to graphics? Would seem so. Anyone?

Maybe we could get some thoughts on this?.......................................Yes indeed, If posters go this direction, the cartoon should be good for another day or two and serve its purpose. I saw that some had to go to writing about Trumps' mice and I wanted to try to do a good deed by giving a few other topics. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 61

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The Mueller investigation has produced multiple indictments and some are going to prison. The Mueller investigation isn't two years old yet.

Seven Republican investigations and an FBI investigation over the course of years and no indictments.  Now the Far Right wants to investigate her again.

How long with the Radical Right beat that Dead Horse?

Seems Republicans have a serious problem with metaphores.

Lil donny calls 'WITCH HUNT" but the REASON intelligent people say that is THERE ARE NO WITCHES, hence the "hunt" is doomed to failure. Instead of failure, Mueller has gotten grand juries to hand down nearly 40 felony indictments and 6 of donny's top aides are going to JAIL.

Now GOPers have been told to try a new slogan "beat a dead horse". Again intelligent people use this to indicate the action in question cannot produce the desired result - the dead horse will not get up. But again reasonable observers must point out to the GOPers the Mueller investigation and numerous other inquiries into the actions of lil donny, his family and his organization (presumably the "dead horse") continue to produce indictments and convictions.

If Republicans ask how long someone can "beat a dead horse" they should be answered with another question: How long can you shout: BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI Seems the answer to that question is "as long as they have breath in their bodies." and the fact the entire Benghazi attack took place over 95 minutes will not matter to the dedicated Hillary Hater.

Seems some dems have a problem with the plural form of metaphor.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

wow, you're on a Roll tonight! RK. Awesome!

so, my point (as you well know) is not something that "happened" 45 years ago. It is the entirety of a 45 year duration of scuzzy business practices. These have been reported in the press since the mid-1970's!

Maybe if the press had done more reporting on what a sleezeball this guy (Trump) is, maybe we all wouldn't be in this mess now! It's one thing for members of the two major political parties to disagree on issues; but quite another  to have such a slimeball bozo as this guy as our "leader"!

How 'bout that FAKE scam "Real Estate" school that Trump was running only a few years ago and now he has to pony up some cash to the people who sued him over this SCAM. That was not 45 years ago, only within the past few years.l Do we want a CROOK for president? I don't myself!

@rk9152 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

Back to the original cartoon ... I wish the press had/would put a lot more effort into investigating Trump's general dirtbag methods of operations in his business dealings over the past 45 years, as well as his dirtbag personal life of corrupt dirtbaggery.

Why? Business actions 45 years ago are unrelated to the job of the President.

How does working in the real estate industry relate to the Presidency? The problem is that we are too used to career pols.

trump was a real estate scammer, slimeball, and crook for 45 years.

Now he's a treasonous operative/agent for Putin.

Still think he should be thrown under the jail,,,

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 61

@CriticalThinking wrote:

A much better question is how long will Trump Cult members continue to bury their heads in the sand, while many key people around the president are indicted and/or convicted of felonies?

Image result for cartoon of trump supporters heads buried in sand

A visual.

The answer:  They'll keep their heads buried in the sand until they either suffocate from their own bull-headness or Trump's policies start to kick them in their own butts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 61

Went back to check the cartoon...

So what is the limit of blood and gore in cartoons? And what is the limit of showing abuse of a person or animal? 

Or are there limits? I don’t care for it nor think that it should be part of our discussions. 

Seems that we get called on use of words, would the same rules apply to graphics? Would seem so. Anyone?

Maybe we could get some thoughts on this?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 61

well, I don't 'bout you, RK, but I don't want a CROOK in the White House either!

To me, that is a pretty basic test.

But I guess that doesn't matter to you. Sad!

@rk9152 wrote:

How does working in the real estate industry relate to the Presidency? The problem is that we are too used to career pols.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 61

@FredSmif wrote:

wow, you're on a Roll tonight! RK. Awesome!

so, my point (as you well know) is not something that "happened" 45 years ago. It is the entirety of a 45 year duration of scuzzy business practices. These have been reported in the press since the mid-1970's!

Maybe if the press had done more reporting on what a sleezeball this guy (Trump) is, maybe we all wouldn't be in this mess now! It's one thing for members of the two major political parties to disagree on issues; but quite another  to have such a slimeball bozo as this guy as our "leader"!

How 'bout that FAKE scam "Real Estate" school that Trump was running only a few years ago and now he has to pony up some cash to the people who sued him over this SCAM. That was not 45 years ago, only within the past few years.l Do we want a CROOK for president? I don't myself!

@rk9152 wrote:

@FredSmif wrote:

Back to the original cartoon ... I wish the press had/would put a lot more effort into investigating Trump's general dirtbag methods of operations in his business dealings over the past 45 years, as well as his dirtbag personal life of corrupt dirtbaggery.

Why? Business actions 45 years ago are unrelated to the job of the President.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.