AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do I Block Members From My Posts

Message 1 of 72

Thank you

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 72

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

Just wondering if there is a way to block specific members from commenting on my posts my practice when I identify these people is to just stay clear of any posts they create but I'm going to inadvertently run into them on other posts so it would be nice not to have to read anything they post???????

Just sweep them under the carpet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 72

@rk9152

I think that I would have to agree with you. Skin thickness is not a requirement but certainly helpful!

And I am newer than some of the Posters here, but to the best of my knowledge none of us can edit, delete, or ban other posters.

@TxGrandpa2

And it would be my understanding too that complaints do not always trigger actions by the Moderators. 

And that those actions can be and are enacted by AARP and the Moderators who review posts and follow guidelines and TOS. 

Guess that Referees are needed for all areas of life!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

I've never complained about a single post in 9 years - but my posts have been edited - removed and I've been banned multiple times....................

So yeah - a lot of posters have very Thin-Skin and Fragile Egos just like Trump.........................

I doubt all posts removed are because of reader's complaints.  The moderators can and do remove posts that they have reviewed and consider to be in violations of the guidelines and terms of service. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 72

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Nope, you usually respond, most often with grammatical and/or spelling errors included.....

Hung up on grammar over content?  Any excuse to find fault. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Hit a nerve ? Did someone mention Hillary ?

I've never complained about a single post in 9 years - but my posts have been edited - removed and I've been banned multiple times....................

So yeah - a lot of posters have very Thin-Skin and Fragile Egos just like Trump.........................

I have had similar experiences however we have to remember that regardless of skin thickness, a fellow poster can not edit, remove, or ban.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 72

So how can we determine who the Moderators work for? What if none of them work full time or part time for a public agency?

And if they have no public employment connection, then they can ban what is said? They are subject to emotions and opinions just like the rest of us, and follow the rules of conduct for Online. 

Someone is making the decisions to ban or delete posts...AARP?

boo hoo ??

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

Just wondering if there is a way to block specific members from commenting on my posts my practice when I identify these people is to just stay clear of any posts they create but I'm going to inadvertently run into them on other posts so it would be nice not to have to read anything they post???????

If you were paying attention, you would know that it is illegal for public officials to block posts and, since you can't prove that you aren't a public official to AARP, you won't be allowed to either.

http://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/ruling-trump-cant-block-twitter-users-may-have-set-much-wide...

And, if an AARP moderator is working part time as a public official, e.g., a meter maid, they could go to jail for banning someone.

Boo Hoo.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 72

@williamb39198 wrote:

@mickstuder

I know exactly what you mean. It’s happened to me a couple of times and I know of a couple other posters who it has happened to also. Some refer to it as hitting the “chicken switch”. 

And I must say that there are “mystery” things that happen also. 

Maybe the site is haunted by former posters...of course, may they Rest In Peace. 

Keep speaking your mind!

Yes, me too. And I've learned that even posting what you just did and me commenting on it could get both of us banned. See you on the other side!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors