Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Do I Block Members From My Posts

Message 31 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

More graphics instead of discussion?   And repeating 'buzz words'?  

Word one......and the video, not graphic, has quite a bit of discussion. Your incessant questions while ignoring the response is anything but discussion.  But thanks for asking.

You noticed!!!!  Many have noticed and that's why one poster came to mind when they were exposed to the video. 

Video or graphic, neither is personal discussion, ....sure it is, it expresses an opinion, a thought or a view.  A little easier for some to digest.....like a political cartoon.  but when one cannot express their opinions in their own words....but of course we all know, "one can", but chooses other options at times; it's often called "diversity".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

Word one......and the video, not graphic, has quite a bit of discussion. Your incessant questions while ignoring the response is anything but discussion.  But thanks for asking.

You noticed!!!!  Video or graphic, neither is personal discussion, but when one cannot express their opinions in their own words......

Have a good afternoon!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 72

@Centristsin2010

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Another with his head in the sand that just wants to attack others.  Mick provides far more facts and references than EVERY poster on the right....just need to open your eyes.

Head in the sand?  Why are you answering for Mick?  What is your purpose in doing so?

Another perfect example of Word ONE of the, "Words you never knew were needed"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 72
Mick posted..

I'm not advocating preventing people from posting - I am looking for a way where I don't have to see what they are posting......................

This is not some extraordinary feature - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram.................and most other legitimate 21st Century Online Fourms - all provide similar capabilities to allow people to deal with Trolls who's only goal is to harrass and intimidate...................a frequent practice of several posters on this Forum

===========================

Years ago there was a ignore feature ... I wish we still had it. That is what you seem to want.

You posted.."Trolls who's only goal is to harrass and intimidate." I see that from the left wing posters that instead of sticking to the subject of a thread they make snide remarks that have nothing to do with the thread....I ignore these posters.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

"One could also note that you feel compelled to go along with the crowd by copying their 'buzz words' and thoughts."

Examples?

Just read your posts, i.e. Trump cult....  You subscribing to the accusation that political partisan matters has become cultist?   Since when?

errrrrhhhh.........................I haven't subscribed to anything but the Facts & the Truth..................

You can do your own research but there in not a Reasonable Person anywhere that does not understand the phenomenon of - Cult of Personality

A cult of personality arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual politician – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

GOP Leaders are on the Record as agreeing that Trump has created his own Cult within the Republican Party espeically his base

Last week, retiring Senator Bob Corker (R-Tennessee) openly worried that his party was "becoming a cultish thing" marked by forced fidelity to its mercurial leader. While he's not the first to make the point, his insider perspective carried considerable weight.

Sociology Experts in Cultology agree

members of "totalistic" cults—those that consider their ideology the one true path—share four key characteristics. They 1) espouse an all-encompassing belief system; 2) exhibit excessive devotion to the leader; 3) avoid criticism of the group and its leader; and 4) feel disdain for non-members. That all sounds unnervingly familiar.

While cautioning that not everyone who voted for Donald Trump falls into the mindless-follower category, an expert on cults leans toward the latter.

"I think he has touched on something important," says scholar and author Janja Lalich, who has extensively studied the phenomenon. "I think there are plenty of similarities—enough to be concerned about."

She continues: "The people around Trump, and the Republicans in Washington, absolutely kowtow to him, either out of fear they're going to anger him, or out of adulation. That behavior is very typical of a cult."

Polling suggests the party has been shrinking, and its remaining members are solidly behind Trump, giving him a remarkable 87 percent support in a recent poll. Even the policy of separating immigrant parents and children, which directly contradicts the traditional conservative belief in the sanctity of the family, was supported by more than half of Republicans before Trump rescinded it under pressure on Wednesday.

Is that decision to support the leader, even if it means ignoring long-professed moral precepts, cult-like behavior? Pacific Standard asked Lalich, a professor emerita of sociology at California State University–Chico. She has written or co-authored a series of books about the cults, including the infamous Heaven's Gate sect that committed mass suicide in 1997.

Source - https://psmag.com/news/a-sociologist-explains-the-similarities-between-cults-and-trumps-gop

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Another with his head in the sand that just wants to attack others.  Mick provides far more facts and references than EVERY poster on the right....just need to open your eyes.

Head in the sand?  Why are you answering for Mick?  What is your purpose in doing so?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

How Do I Block Members From My Posts

Message 39 of 72

Thanks Tex for clarifying your earlier definiton of a "Russian Troll". I appreciate knowing that you stand by your original definition, posted about an hour ago in this thread. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

When someone comments on one of my Posts using material from Alternative Realities - a practice so  common from those in the Trump Cult

I feel compelled to respond with the actual facts and legitimate questioning - specific members find it difficult to accept facts and truths so instead of honest fact-based discourse - they complain

One could also note that you feel compelled to go along with the crowd by copying their 'buzz words' and thoughts.

Where are you (sic) 'facts'? I haven't noticed any.  Another with his head in the sand that just wants to attack others.  Mick provides far more facts and references than EVERY poster on the right....just need to open your eyes.

Kudos
Views