WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

Message 1 of 24

@mikenet1 wrote:

What the heck are you babbling about? The right wing media was trying to make it look like the house was trying to let non citizens vote for the first time. They have had that right since 1996. (according to you)(thanks for pointing that out) I'm not trying to point out it's a new deal. I'm pointing out that it already exists. You seem very confused. But that's not unusual for right wingers.

Reading comprehension is  something that sometimes we all need to be reminded of.

I am sorry to point out to you that fortunately what you are saying is incorrect.  No such thing exists in any law. and this particular one. Title 18 USC611 is extremely clear in differentiating what these "aliens " can do and what they cannot do.
So, in my view by bringing up this law and trying to pass it as that  the Democrats are providing aliens with a vote is bunk and hogwash.

In my opinion the confusing of many ignorant people that may read any of this and interpret incorrectly is dangerous to the country.

I have already seen this question in FB in which many ignorant people actually believe that now Democrats have voted to allow aliens to vote in our elections.

So, as you can see. this is no way to deal with your country, by posting things that are not true. and misrepresenting what the law has to say and said.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24

Let's start with agreeing that this is fake news and the Constitution prevents such a thing.  Don't the folks on the Right ever read the Constitution? 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

What the heck are you babbling about? The right wing media was trying to make it look like the house was trying to let non citizens vote for the first time. They have had that right since 1996. (according to you)(thanks for pointing that out) I'm not trying to point out it's a new deal. I'm pointing out that it already exists. You seem very confused. But that's not unusual for right wingers.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

@mikenet1 wrote:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/611

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:18%20section:611%20editionSmiley Tonguerelim)

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-611.html

https://www.ravellaw.com/statutes/us:usc:t18/us:usc:t18:s611

https://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statements/2015/jan/25/ron-hayduk/professor-says-right-vote-...

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/416225-the-truth-about-illegal-voting

Pick one. And stay off the right wing sites that cherry pick sections out of this law.

I have picked the whole thing, and what you don't want to understand is when was this law passed  in 1996 and when it was ammended.  in2000.  I don't care at this point what you are saying because this law has been in the bookd for many years and all of a sudden you wake up? And trying to convice everyone that this is a new deal? and that now this year the Dems passed this law? I am sorfry sir, but I don't do falsehoods.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

Is the right trying to revive the voter fraud commission? Looking for the 3 million votes...that trump lost by!

Just another attempt at lying and creating fraudulent statements of situations which do not exist?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

Duplicate deleted

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

I just love it when the right uses the Music Man approach to gin up fake news. 

"There is TROUBLE...Right here in River City.  You got Pool and that starts with "P" and that rhymes with "T" and that stands for TROUBLE."

No facts necessary.......as usual.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

Ok  found it.

and copying down when this law was enacted and when it was ammended.

(Added Pub. L. 104–208, div. C, title II, § 216(a), Sept. 30, 1996110 Stat. 3009–572; amended Pub. L. 106–395, title II, § 201(d)(1), Oct. 30, 2000114 Stat. 1635.)

And no where in this law says that an alien can vote in our elections. so in this law the purpose by which they can vote and where is really not stated. But very clearly states that no alien can vote in any elections or for any candidate that is running for a Fedeal office or State or County 

I have not idea as to why this law was enacted and why .

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

@mikenet1 wrote:

18 USC 611: Voting by aliens

§611. Voting by aliens

(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless-

(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;

(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and

(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.

(b) Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(c) Subsection (a) does not apply to an alien if-

(1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization);

(2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16; and

(3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of voting in violation of such subsection that he or she was a citizen of the United States.

please provide  source of what you have posted, just read the entire US code 611 and couldn't  find a word of what you have posted.

Kudos
Views