Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

Message 11 of 24

I love the smell of fake news in the morning. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

18 USC 611: Voting by aliens

§611. Voting by aliens

(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, unless-

(1) the election is held partly for some other purpose;

(2) aliens are authorized to vote for such other purpose under a State constitution or statute or a local ordinance; and

(3) voting for such other purpose is conducted independently of voting for a candidate for such Federal offices, in such a manner that an alien has the opportunity to vote for such other purpose, but not an opportunity to vote for a candidate for any one or more of such Federal offices.

(b) Any person who violates this section shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

(c) Subsection (a) does not apply to an alien if-

(1) each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization);

(2) the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16; and

(3) the alien reasonably believed at the time of voting in violation of such subsection that he or she was a citizen of the United States.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of Jim's post..

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

=============================================================

It shows again that the Democrats are the party that are on the side of illegals.

You might want to choose a different quote since the one you chose doesn’t support your post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@jimc91 wrote:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/8/house-votes-favor-illegal-immigrant-voting/

It's the old WASHINGTON TIMES again, folks.

How many times HAS this bogus media source, run by the UNIFICATION CHURCH OF AMERICA, as its mouthpiece, going to be cited as a legitimate source.

It isn't a legitimate source by any means.

It is run by a CULT, most of its employees are members of that CULT, and that CULT is responsible for the break-up of thousands of families, the loss of entire life's savings of thousands of people, and the CULT programming of thousands of people....and yet, it is being used  as a source.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

jimc your title is misleading and false.You should work in the White House or Fox Nation.

Great biased far right source too. I know you don't care if it's true , just as long as you like what you hear.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

Also, the RW response reeks of fear and they make up crazy responses. They fear losing white America to immigrants. Even when immigrants have come here, they must obey laws, and follow procedures to become citizens and gain the right to vote. 

Guess if Immigrants were from Sweden and white, everything would be okay with trump and his supporters. Not okay with me though!

But I do like the Swedish! At the moment 

why would they want to immigrate here?

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of Jim's post..

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

=============================================================

It shows again that the Democrats are the party that are on the side of illegals.

No it shows the far right have no understanding of the subject. His support article clearly tells all that illegal immigrants and non citizens can not legally vote in elections. Now why was that article used to support a thread that is titled what it is. There can be no thread since the house did not vote for any such thing per the support article. Once again the far right proves what the experts have told us about them is true. They have become the laughing stock of the country. What a group.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

rker321:   Please, as I have said before, people are not sutpid, I cannot understand as to why you think that.

Really? What about the people who believe such garbage?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

Please do enlighten me. where in what I read about that bill says that non citizens can vote in elections in the USA?
Please, quote the law? It  would have been unconstitutional. at  best/ So who was if any the **bleep**

that came up with that idea?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

rker posted...

Jim darling!!!!!! do I satrt laughing at your post now, or should I wait until tomorrow?

Please, your misleading thread is amazing as well as funny. But as usual you always make me laugh.

So the HOuse of Representative in DC voted to provide non citizens the right to vote? really LOL LOL LOL Please, as I have said before, people are not sutpid, I cannot understand as to why you think that.

===========================================================

What is so hard for you to understand this?

Its not funny!

From the link...

The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.

“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors