Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hours 2 Flip Trump NRA 24 White Supremacists 48

Message 1 of 4

@mickstuderwrote:

He is Totally Incompetent and Corrupt

Absolutely correct.  Now just 'the donald' though.  Republicans continue to draw a false equivalency between Business and it's practices to Government and it's practices.  The mantra dinned into the base is that somehow a businesscritter is somehow equipped to govern by applying business practices to governing.  Well....Government is not established to 'make a profit'.....period.

Business and Government are not at all the same...never have been and never will be.  There are underlying philosophies for each....economics is only one that Government must consider.  Current Republican advocates treat economics as the only concern that Government need have.  Actual ethics have no place in their approach.

Business is inherently predatory.  Deriving 'advantage' connotes success.  Government can't do that, not within itself.  I argue that it can't do that in the long term outside itself either.  The snake eats its own tail.  I've said before that predatory capitalism carries the seeds of its own destruction within itself.....I'll say it again. That's what we now have.  Of course, I think I'm right about that...a generalist sees things that way....at least the rational ones do.

Both of OUR founding documents specifically say that government exists because the people establish it to do THEIR will.  That clearly means Government must act without regard to a profit/loss equation where the welfare of the People is at stake.  To be a citizen AND a patriot one must abide by that concept.  Statesmanship above Partisanship.....always!     

The People's welfare comes first when it comes to government, not so for business.  Of course, it all has to be paid for.  So what?  The currency is actually portions of the lives of the People in the end, not the artificial construct of Money, traded on the open market without any understanding or recognition of what its value is actually based upon. 

That concept is totally missing from the entire Republican Contingent now in control of our Federal Government and a large number of the States.  

Details don't count for much except to create confusion about true intent.   I know you 'get it', mick.  Ever wonder just how it can be so many don't?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@rk9152wrote:

@mickstuderwrote:

January 2018: Trump Met With a Bipartisan Group of US House & Senate Leaders in the Whitehouse on Tuesday January 9th 2018 and made the Statement - you folks bring me a Bill on Whatever you Want on DACA and Immigration and I'll Sign it - no Questions asked - I'll take the Heat Don't Worry..........I want us to show LOVE

January 2018: Trump meets with White Supremacists in the Whitehouse and speaks with more of them on the phone and on Thursday January 11, 2018 rejects a Bipartisan Immigration & DACA Bill presented to him 

February 2018: Trump Met With a Bipartisan Group of US House & Senate Leaders in the Whitehouse on Tuesday February 28, 2018 and tells them I want to raise the Age on Gun Purchases from 18 to 21 & ban AR-15 Assault Rifles - he asks Republican Senator Toomey if those are in his Bill - Toomey says no - Trump says - well that’s because you're afraid of the NRA - in the same meeting Trump also says I want to Ban Bump stocks - do more on Comprehensive Background Checks and Take Guns Away From People Who Shouldn't have them right away and go to court to get the permission afterwards - I want you Republicans to combine Diane (Feinstein) & Amy (Klobuchar) Bills into the Republican Bill and Bring it back to me to sign - come on Folks this is all just Common Sense and we need it done

March 2018: On Thursday March 1, 2018 Trump meets with NRA Leaders and decides Bump stocks are Ok – 18 is more than old enough to buy a AR-15 and we need to enforce current Gun Control Legislation already on the Books

Isn't all this happening because Trump has No Idea what the Details are on any of the Major Issues - is as Maleable as Putty - always agreeing with the position of the last person he spoken to

Now We Know He Speaks To Putin all the time - Connect The Dots

He could not even stand firm on his position on DACA for more than 48 hours - White Supremacists Flipped Him

He could not even stand firm on his position on Gun Control for more than 24 hours - NRA Flipped Him

I tried to google some of your "facts" and they led back to you. So it would be reasonable to consider your post not factual but an expression of your biases and a feeble effort to defend them.

Really............. maybe your Internet Searching Skills are Challenged

At one point, Mr. Trump suggested that law enforcement authorities should have the power to seize guns from mentally ill people or others who could present a danger without first going to court. “I like taking the guns early,” he said, adding, “Take the guns first, go through due process second.”

WASHINGTON — President Trump stunned Republicans on live television Wednesday by embracing gun control and urging a group of lawmakers at the White House to resurrect gun safety legislation that has been opposed for years by the powerful National Rifle Association and the vast majority of his party.

In a remarkable meeting, the president veered wildly from the N.R.A. playbook in front of giddy Democrats and stone-faced Republicans.

He called for comprehensive gun control legislation that would expand background checks to weapons purchased at gun shows and on the internet, keep guns from mentally ill people, secure schools and restrict gun sales for some young adults. He even suggested a conversation on an assault weapons ban.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/us/politics/trump-gun-control.html

The White House backed away from Donald Trump’s newfound support for gun control on Friday, only hours after the US president met with the National Rifle Association’s top lobbyist in the Oval Office.

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/02/trump-gun-control-laws-nra-white-house-cold-water-pr...

President Donald Trump offered a surprising look into his talks with bipartisan lawmakers on immigration policy, allowing television cameras to capture nearly an hour of discussion at a Jan. 9 White House meeting about the fate of immigrants known as "Dreamers."

Trump suggested a willingness to support broader changes to immigration law to help the estimated 11 million immigrants in the country illegally — at odds with his campaign rhetoric to deport all immigrants in the country unlawfully.

"If we do this properly, DACA, you are not so far away from comprehensive immigration reform, and if you want to take it that further step, I'll take the heat," Trump said. "I don’t care. I don’t care. I’ll take all the heat you want to give me."

Trump and members of Congress focused on three major issues during the televised portion of the their conversation: a permanent law for Dreamers, Trump’s funding request for a border wall, and additional changes to the country’s legal immigration system.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jan/09/what-happened-immigration-meeting-betwee...

A bipartisan group of six senators has reached a deal that would shield Dreamers from deportation and make other changes to immigration laws and border security — but the framework has yet to win over the White House and other key players on Capitol Hill.

"President Trump called on Congress to solve the DACA challenge," the senators said in a joint statement. "We have been working for four months and have reached an agreement in principle that addresses border security, the diversity visa lottery, chain migration/family reunification, and the Dream Act — the areas outlined by the President. We are now working to build support for that deal in Congress."

The group includes Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) and Robert Menendez (D-N.J.).

Lawmakers rushed to the White House for a hastily called meeting Thursday to present details of the Senate group's plan to President Donald Trump, which he arranged after phone calls with Graham and Durbin earlier in the day. But White House legislative affairs director Marc Short said on Capitol Hill that the president has not yet signed off — and other influential Republicans said the negotiators had a long way to go.

"Not even a fig leaf," said Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), who attended the impromptu White House meeting and is a close adviser to the president. "It’s a pine needle."

Sources

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+flips+on+DACA+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

https://www.google.com/search?q=will+Trump+flip+on+Gun+Control+like+he+did+on+DACA+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@mickstuderwrote:

January 2018: Trump Met With a Bipartisan Group of US House & Senate Leaders in the Whitehouse on Tuesday January 9th 2018 and made the Statement - you folks bring me a Bill on Whatever you Want on DACA and Immigration and I'll Sign it - no Questions asked - I'll take the Heat Don't Worry..........I want us to show LOVE

January 2018: Trump meets with White Supremacists in the Whitehouse and speaks with more of them on the phone and on Thursday January 11, 2018 rejects a Bipartisan Immigration & DACA Bill presented to him 

February 2018: Trump Met With a Bipartisan Group of US House & Senate Leaders in the Whitehouse on Tuesday February 28, 2018 and tells them I want to raise the Age on Gun Purchases from 18 to 21 & ban AR-15 Assault Rifles - he asks Republican Senator Toomey if those are in his Bill - Toomey says no - Trump says - well that’s because you're afraid of the NRA - in the same meeting Trump also says I want to Ban Bump stocks - do more on Comprehensive Background Checks and Take Guns Away From People Who Shouldn't have them right away and go to court to get the permission afterwards - I want you Republicans to combine Diane (Feinstein) & Amy (Klobuchar) Bills into the Republican Bill and Bring it back to me to sign - come on Folks this is all just Common Sense and we need it done

March 2018: On Thursday March 1, 2018 Trump meets with NRA Leaders and decides Bump stocks are Ok – 18 is more than old enough to buy a AR-15 and we need to enforce current Gun Control Legislation already on the Books

Isn't all this happening because Trump has No Idea what the Details are on any of the Major Issues - is as Maleable as Putty - always agreeing with the position of the last person he spoken to

He could not even stand firm on his position on DACA for more than 48 hours - White Supremacists Flipped Him

He could not even stand firm on his position on Gun Control for more than 24 hours - NRA Flipped Him

I tried to google some of your "facts" and they led back to you. So it would be reasonable to consider your post not factual but an expression of your biases and a feeble effort to defend them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hours 2 Flip Trump NRA 24 White Supremacists 48

Message 4 of 4

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.