Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Hot Weather Could Impact the Corona Virus!

Message 1 of 12

Sure, sunlight kills viruses, including Covid-19.  BUT ........ anyone thinking that summertime is going to kill this virus off is sadly mistaken. Get with me this late fall and winter after Covid-19 cases have spiked again one or multiple times.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 12
Sunlight destroys coronavirus quickly, say US scientists

=====================================================

That's true.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 12

I think @gruffstuff nailed it:

“On surfaces, not in animals.   If viruses all died in the summer time there wouldn't be any viruses.”

Viruses need human hosts to survive and replicate. Anything that helps keep humans apart to slow or cease the transmission of the virus works. Summertime gets more people outside and further apart. Summertime sees people opening their windows more. Not cooped up in small rooms/buildings sharing the same air. 

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 12

Me on 3/15/20:

The amount of ultraviolet light from sunlight plays a big role.

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Must be no sunlight in Australia and South America.....

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-sunlight-coronavirus-quickly-scientists.html

4/24/20 :

Sunlight destroys coronavirus quickly, say US scientists

William Bryan, science and technology advisor to the Department of Homeland Security secretary, told reporters at the White House that government scientists had found ultraviolet rays had a potent impact on the pathogen, offering hope that its spread may ease over the summer.

I told you so more than a month before William Bryan did.

You are getting sleepy.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 12

I believe the logic behind that is it's much easier to come in contact with those droplets in cold weather, whereas in hot weather, the virus cannot survive as long.

Think about this using droplets on water on your car as an analogy.

In the fall and winter droplets of water might stay on your car all day long as the weather is often cloudy and cool.

In the summer the same droplets might be gone in minutes.

So expect the surface transmission aspect to go down in the summer, the virus won't survive long outside an animal.

Inside an animal is another story, it's always wet and warm there.

Another thing to note is our planet has two hemispheres,  when it's summer in the north it's winter in the south.

It's always going to be flu season somewhere.

So I don't expect this to be ( over ) any time soon. It will still be here by the fall flu season,  but many people will get this virus and survive, and when they do they will have natural immunity , that will slow the spread of the virus.

So a good strategy is to avoid the virus for as long as you can, let the natural immunity  of the population catch up, let the hospitals catch up.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Hot Weather Could Impact the Corona Virus!

Message 6 of 12

Jeff, I'm not a scientist but here's what I thought was in the article. I believe they said the droplets Gruffstuff was talking about don't live as long in hot weather, as they do in cold weather. I believe the logic behind that is it's much easier to come in contact with those droplets in cold weather, whereas in hot weather, the virus cannot survive as long.

Highlighted

Message 7 of 12

I in your article you mention high temperatures could provide relief.

at what temps would that be ?

because the cruise ships that typically ply the warmer water in the winter were probably in warmer temps when the. Ontracted the virus. Am I wrong?

Jeff

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 12

Hot Weather Could Impact the Corona Virus!

On surfaces, not in animals.   If viruses all died in the summer time there wouldn't be any viruses.

Transmission rate will probably go down in hot weather, but it's always flu season somewhere.

The main transmission vector is coughs and sneezes, atomized droplets that are inhaled, get in the eyes, and get on food and ingested.

Wear a mask if you go out, it may stop the droplets if you cough, it may stop you from inhaling droplets if others do.  Wash you hands,  don't touch you face, take a shower and change clothes when you come home. Avoid the virus if you can until the transmission rate flattens out and hospitals catch up.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 12

Must be no sunlight in Australia and South America.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 12

The amount of ultraviolet light from sunlight plays a big role.

0510_walk-buttons-1000x750.jpg

You are getting sleepy.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507