Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
187
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

187 Views
Message 11 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I think you should go see Boy Erased and pay particular attention to the character Cictor Sykes. 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=boy+erased&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari


I understand that is based on a true story. I have no doubt it happens and I can understand the trauma for the people involved and wish them only good and loving outcomes.

 

But, what has that to do with over-representation?


If you had seen the movie, you’d know exactly why I posted it.


Why don't you just say what you mean rather than doing a commercial for a movie?


My post was for Aruzinsky, not you.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
187
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
198
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

198 Views
Message 12 of 27

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

 

 


@aruzinsky wrote:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/data-shows-homosexuals-hugely-overrepresented-on-the-big-screen-bu...

 

 

 

My comment:

 

1. There should be 3% homosexuals in entertainment because that is realistic.

2. Brainwashed people falsely belief that 25% of the population is homosexual.  See https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/americans-have-no-idea-how-few-gay-people-there...

3. Such homosexual propaganda is mostly directed towards children.

4.  It is rational to fear the instigators of such brainwashing.  They are an enemy of the American people.



Well aren't you just the open-minded fellow.

 

Hollywood can do whatever it wants. The film industry has absolutely no obligation whatsoever to match its filmmaking to the population.

 

Capitalism, you know. Why do you hate capitalism?

 

As for #s 3 & 4, hate speech is not allowed here on this forum.

 

 


It's not good capitalism when it it done for reasons other than profit and competition.  For example, ABC recently cancelled a profitable TV show, Last Man Standing, which didn't have any homosexuals.  Of course, ABC isn't going to admit that that was the reason because homosexuals are sneaky..  The government often regulates industries to foster competition  Thus, the US should outlaw homosexual propaganda to foster competition.

 


Still haven't recovered from The Jefferson's I see.

 

George was gay???


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
198
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
195
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

195 Views
Message 13 of 27

@aruzinsky wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

 

 


@aruzinsky wrote:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/data-shows-homosexuals-hugely-overrepresented-on-the-big-screen-bu...

 

 

 

My comment:

 

1. There should be 3% homosexuals in entertainment because that is realistic.

2. Brainwashed people falsely belief that 25% of the population is homosexual.  See https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/americans-have-no-idea-how-few-gay-people-there...

3. Such homosexual propaganda is mostly directed towards children.

4.  It is rational to fear the instigators of such brainwashing.  They are an enemy of the American people.



Well aren't you just the open-minded fellow.

 

Hollywood can do whatever it wants. The film industry has absolutely no obligation whatsoever to match its filmmaking to the population.

 

Capitalism, you know. Why do you hate capitalism?

 

As for #s 3 & 4, hate speech is not allowed here on this forum.

 

 


It's not good capitalism when it it done for reasons other than profit and competition.  For example, ABC recently cancelled a profitable TV show, Last Man Standing, which didn't have any homosexuals.  Of course, ABC isn't going to admit that that was the reason because homosexuals are sneaky..  The government often regulates industries to foster competition  Thus, the US should outlaw homosexual propaganda to foster competition.

 


Still haven't recovered from The Jefferson's I see.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
195
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
203
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

203 Views
Message 14 of 27

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I think you should go see Boy Erased and pay particular attention to the character Cictor Sykes. 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=boy+erased&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari


I understand that is based on a true story. I have no doubt it happens and I can understand the trauma for the people involved and wish them only good and loving outcomes.

 

But, what has that to do with over-representation?


If you had seen the movie, you’d know exactly why I posted it.


Why don't you just say what you mean rather than doing a commercial for a movie?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
203
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
211
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

211 Views
Message 15 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I think you should go see Boy Erased and pay particular attention to the character Cictor Sykes. 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=boy+erased&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari


I understand that is based on a true story. I have no doubt it happens and I can understand the trauma for the people involved and wish them only good and loving outcomes.

 

But, what has that to do with over-representation?


If you had seen the movie, you’d know exactly why I posted it.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
211
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
202
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

202 Views
Message 16 of 27

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I think you should go see Boy Erased and pay particular attention to the character Cictor Sykes. 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=boy+erased&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari


I understand that is based on a true story. I have no doubt it happens and I can understand the trauma for the people involved and wish them only good and loving outcomes.

 

But, what has that to do with over-representation?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
204
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

204 Views
Message 17 of 27

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

If liberals in entertainment can brainwash Americans into having one mass delusion, they can brainwash Americans into having another mass delusion, such as the belief in global warming.


Just because the media brainwashed you into believing Trump doesnt mean we all are susceptable.

 


again the obsession - what has the President to do with gay actors??? i'm surprised Fox didn't get in there

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
204
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
208
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

208 Views
Message 18 of 27

I think you should go see Boy Erased and pay particular attention to the character Cictor Sykes. 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=boy+erased&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
208
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
207
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

207 Views
Message 19 of 27

@MIseker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

If liberals in entertainment can brainwash Americans into having one mass delusion, they can brainwash Americans into having another mass delusion, such as the belief in global warming.


Just because the media brainwashed you into believing Trump doesnt mean we all are susceptable.

 


Just because the media brainwashed you into believing Obama doesnt mean we all are susceptable.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
207
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
206
Views

Re: Homosexuals Hugely Overrepresented on the Big Screen, but GLAAD Says It’s Still not Enough

206 Views
Message 20 of 27

Thank God we have deep thinkers willing to spend time wrestling with the really BIG problems facing America. 😂😂😂😂

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
206
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors