Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Home Builder Confidence Plummets to the Lowest Level in more than 2 yrs

Message 1 of 20

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Everything I read from the experts predict the Trump Smoke & Mirrors show is over, and the market will continue to head south. As of 2 PM, the DOW is down another 550 points.

Please provide me a source for that. I spend a good hour a day looking/listening to financial news, and I've not heard any experts blame the prez, other than possibility of trade war weighing in. We've had a long running bull market, PE's too high, scandals in major tech stocks, oil uncertainties, a slowing global economy, and of course, computerized trading that always makes everything worse.

Does everyone understand that 75% of trades on all U.S. stock exchanges combined are automated? Do you think the trade programs have some kind of AI and start setlling because they're worried about the prez?

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@gruffstuff wrote:

Well, my Trump-voting cousin just got a lay-off notice in a construction related field. Right at the holidays. 

I work construction, self employed as a plumber.

In Nov 2016 I had eight houses in progress or the permit application process.

Nov 2018 I have one house in progress.

It's what I expected to happen, I paid down debt, saved money, I didn't go out and buy a new truck or run credit cards up.

Eight cords of wood in the wood shed.

I'm as prepared as I can be.

I’m sorry. My mom worked as a bookkeeper for a home builder and I know when times are bad, they are really bad. I am glad you were able to save up. Hope it doesn’t get much worse...

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Home Builder Confidence Plummets to the Lowest Level in more than 2 yrs

Message 3 of 20

The DOW has dropped almost 2,000 points since reaching its high earlier in the year.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20
I saw this. They said tech stocks are dragging down the stock market. Could be related to trade war issues among others.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Everything I read from the experts predict the Trump Smoke & Mirrors show is over, and the market will continue to head south. As of 2 PM, the DOW is down another 550 points.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

At 10:12 AM the DOW is down another 550 points!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

Another example of why business does better under Democrats but businessmen do better under Republicans.

The GOPer Taxscams are a great benefit to the very wealthy but the redistribtuion of income and wealth from the middle to the very top slows economic growth.

The Democrat Tax Reform moves the money in the opposite direction - from the very wealthy to the middle who then spend it driving the economy upward.

Tax cutting has NEVER worked for the American People because only the Oligarchs benefit. Same for TIF Districts - the loss in tax revenue is NEVER offset and the jobs created in the TIF District are simply being redistributed from other areas in the community.

But the GOPer base has been told somehow wealth moved to the top will always shower down upon the masses in a wonderful Golden Rain, and they somehow never smell what's really soaking them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

Well, my Trump-voting cousin just got a lay-off notice in a construction related field. Right at the holidays. 

I work construction, self employed as a plumber.

In Nov 2016 I had eight houses in progress or the permit application process.

Nov 2018 I have one house in progress.

It's what I expected to happen, I paid down debt, saved money, I didn't go out and buy a new truck or run credit cards up.

Eight cords of wood in the wood shed.

I'm as prepared as I can be.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

Home Building is just one symptom causing the market to plummet. Smart investors finally realize Trump was using smoke and mirrors to stimulate the economy. Now they completely lost confidence in Trump's so called economic policies and his idiotic obsession with tariffs and trade wars.

One of the hallmarks of his policies is unstability, something investors hate.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

Kudos
Views