Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Holy Crap....we won......America won.

Message 11 of 39

@afisher wrote:

Congrats to Doug Stone and the people of AL for having some sanity.  

It is interesting to read some articles from religious and RW sites.    The Federalist is excusing all male sexual abusers and blaming women.     Even "christian" web sites are attempting to justify the abuse.     Really weird, IMO.   

More interestingly - the GOP in AL made a decision that all electronic votes could be destroyed immediately after the election.    Someone went to court in an attempt  to stop that process, but the court ruled late Tues. that the records could be destroyed.     Now that Moore has lost, there can be no recount of the general vote....consider that IRONY as Moore refuses to concede.   

If there was nothing to hide, why would a credible person or entity with an ounce of integrity, fight to have electronic votes deleted immediately after an election?  Any ideas?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 39

Yep, Moore lost, thank goodness. The reason he lost will be debated for quite some time. There was a high black voter turnout, some will blame it on that and accusations already fly about "bussed in voters". The Republican Party has came out and blamed Steve Bannon, ironically. Deflect and deny, the Republican Party cannot and will not blame their own platform for the loss. Now they say that Moore was a "bad candidate" (after they had came out publicly supporting him in the election). Some blame Trump supporting Moore. The list will get bigger.

My hope is that this is a sign that American voters are rejecting the Bannon/Trump/Republican agenda and especially the Far Right agenda within the Republican Party.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 39

@CriticalThinking—These people hide under the guise of Christianity in order to further a very ignorant and hate filled agenda.  These are hatemongerers, with no more moral fiber than Moore, Spencer, Bannon, or trump.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Holy Crap....we won......America won.

Message 14 of 39

It was a great day for America because enough people refused to vote for a sexual predator. Unfortunately, Roy Moore won huge among Evangelicals. One would think they would be the last people who would vote for a sexual predator. But there are reasons, they lead a life dominated by blind devotion and obedience. Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Trump Cult.

On a political note, it's the 2nd consecutive time that Trump's endorsement for an Alabama senator LOST. That's fascinating because it could initiate a crack in the Steve Bannon / Donald Trump team. It could also encourage Republicans to finally stand up to a weakened Donald Trump. It should be very interesting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 39

@Centristsin2010–For everything there is a season,” and it seems the season of extreme immortality and obtuse dishonesty may be coming to an end.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 39

@afisher—Sounds like once again Moore’s eradicate behavior has backfired.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 39

@Panjandrum—I’m smelling fear.

Their racist candidate was removed from office by black Americans who were motivated by the hatred of fools like Moore—were disgusted by every word he spewed. 

That bus—maybe Moore and all those disgusting racists and pseudo Christians who supported him, should get on it—and never get off.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 39

Heard someone DID actually hand out fake Alabama driver's licenses to boost voter turnout, but they were printed in Cryllic, and the poll watchers couldn't read them.

Also heard Der Trumper had gotten involved in the Alabama election.

Is there a connection? Possibly, but GOPers will insist it's beyond Muellers charter to investigate, so we may never know for sure.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 39

@Richva wrote:

Now it is up to Doug Jones.  He will be campaigning for the next six years to widen the opening to let in more Democrats in Alabama. I suspect he will be very successful as Alabama begins to ask itself why they rank where they do under Republican leadership. 

Just heard a former Alabama Republican interviewed on NPR - she said she'd voted GOPer because of their stand against abortion, but having "noticed" that even with control of the House, Senate, Administration and SCOTUS, Republicans had done NOTHING to ban abortions, and she (rightly) concluded it was just a political ploy to get folks like her to vote for them regardless of what horrible things they did, and she wasn't going to be fooled anymore. Got a feeling there's going to be a tidalwave of folks coming to the same conclusion between now and Nov 2018.

ROLL TIDE!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 39

@Panjandrum wrote:

myexper:  So now we wait for Trump's inevitable tweet storm, making ludicrous claims such as the election being rigged with thousands of illegal immigrants voting for Jones.

Don't need to wait for Trump, it started immediately. These people can't accept that they lost legitimately, they always have to rationalize by claiming they were cheated and it was rigged. Right.............I'm sure Republicans controlling elections in Al. let it be rigged in favor of a Democrat. Smiley Happy

Comments at Free Republic:

"with how many bused in black votes from neighboring states?"

"I bet TRUCKLOADS of cheating ballots were fed into machines in Jefferson county. Community organizers handing out AL drivers licenses to people in GA and trucking them over the line into AL".

"You’re a liar, just like the media/Democrat/GOPe axis. Moore is a good man. The media and Soros’s millions defeated him."

"An audit of the election should be demanded. I’m smelling severe fraud."

Wing-nut extremists often spew their bigoted conspiracy theories.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors