Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Holy Crap....we won......America won.

Message 1 of 39

That is amazing!  Does the study break down education amongst the groups? 

Yes. In fact Edison Research broke it down into many categories. Link below....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@gordyfl—That is amazing!  Does the study break down education amongst the groups? 

Makes my skin crawl that anyone would vote for someone who is so disgusting—and unfit—on so many levels.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Well - Alabama's educational ranking of #47 and higher education ranking of #49 may shed light on why there are so many evangelicals and fundamentalists who supported Moore in Alabama in spite of his professional failures, personal scandals and dogwhistling sexism and racism...

May well be a significant factor revealing why they were so easily taken in by a bozo, crackpot, and religious whackjob who was twice removed from the bench for his willful refusal to behave in a manner constitutionally required of a judge.

That Alabama has a significant number of logical and rational human beings residing in it is demonstrated by the results of the election - Moore was defeated.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 39

@gordyfl—That is amazing!  Does the study break down education amongst the groups? 

Makes my skin crawl that anyone would vote for someone who is so disgusting—and unfit—on so many levels.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39

@Richva wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

I don't have the numbers but I know the black turnout was huge. I see Jones helping blacks and women then pushing for them to vote in greater numbers. This could be a watershed moment in Alabama. 

I too don't have the exact numbers of actual votes, BUT......

The black vote was 75% higher than usual in mid-term elections.

98% of the black women who voted, voted for Jones, and

93% of black men voted for Jones.

Alabama Black Vote

"Black voters turned out for the special election at a higher level than their share of the electorate when Obama was on the ballot in 2008 and 2012. What's more, a nearly unanimous 98% of black women backed Jones over Moore."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39

Jones will help right the ship , but we will need much more help in the next election. With all our already struggling Senior's and Disabled have to worry about , it's a crime that the Grand Old Plutocrats have us worrying about cuts to our " Earned Benefits ". Many will literally die , If the Greed of the GOP gets it's way.

I'm sick and tired of our Republican AARP Posters repeating " the GOP wont cut Medicare or S.S. " and then we get a $400 BiLLION Cut to Medicare. Stay tuned for more cuts in Jaunuary because in the GOP's Greedy eyes , OUR Senior's and Disabled are just too costly !!! Senior's and Disabled are washed up and a burden to todays Right Wing Plutocrats.

Do more with less Senior's and Disabled , so the Rich can get Richer !!!

WWJD Far Right Wing Posters ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

@gordyfl wrote:

I read an election poll  - Alabama -- Moore vs Jones

Edison Research Poll

Among Women Voters:

98% Democratic women voted for Jones

2% Democratic women voted for Moore

++++++++++++

90% Republican women voted for Moore

9%  Republican women voted for Jones

++++++++++++

57% Independent women voted for Jones

37% Independent women voted for Moore

I don't have the numbers but I know the black turnout was huge. I see Jones helping blacks and women then pushing for them to vote in greater numbers. This could be a watershed moment in Alabama. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

I read an election poll  - Alabama -- Moore vs Jones

Edison Research Poll

Among Women Voters:

98% Democratic women voted for Jones

2% Democratic women voted for Moore

++++++++++++

90% Republican women voted for Moore

9%  Republican women voted for Jones

++++++++++++

57% Independent women voted for Jones

37% Independent women voted for Moore

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39

Before we get too overcome by joy, it is time to take stock of the situation.    Trump and the GOP still have a majority advantage in the House, Senate and of course the Executive Branch.  By the beginning of next week it is quite possible that the so-called Tax Reform Package  will be voted on--passed and sent to the Oval office for the President's signature.  

Once that is done--it is quite possible that we will have to live with it for the next 30 years.  A quick transfer of money UP to the richest, and the businesses interests that will result in additional $1.8 Trillion dollars added to the national debt.  This will  be the trigger that  will  call for cuts, under the guise of reforms, to our Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and a host of other "safety net" programs, that are a necessity of life for so many in our society.

Celebrate yes, but remember that this is but a small skirmish in the war against the the poor, the elderly, the middle class and anyone who is  not a member of the privileged class.  

It is time to have another skirmish, and tell every GOP member of Congress that represents you, that you will not stand for this and that what happened to Moore, will happen to them.  

We cannot afford to lose this one  either. 

The Trump Juggernaut is continuing on its journey.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, Moore lost, thank goodness. The reason he lost will be debated for quite some time. There was a high black voter turnout, some will blame it on that and accusations already fly about "bussed in voters". The Republican Party has came out and blamed Steve Bannon, ironically. Deflect and deny, the Republican Party cannot and will not blame their own platform for the loss. Now they say that Moore was a "bad candidate" (after they had came out publicly supporting him in the election). Some blame Trump supporting Moore. The list will get bigger.

My hope is that this is a sign that American voters are rejecting the Bannon/Trump/Republican agenda and especially the Far Right agenda within the Republican Party.

It was interesting watching FoxNews last night.  They were spinning in all directions trying anything that might "fit".  It was claimed by one "Fair and Balanced" reporter that the vote in Alabama was "suppressed".  The FACT though is there was a record turnout last night.  According to the Alabama Secretary of State this a.m., NEVER has turnout been so high.  Maybe the Fox employee only meant bigots, racists, Evangelicals and homophobes were suppressed.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Congrats to Doug Stone and the people of AL for having some sanity.  

It is interesting to read some articles from religious and RW sites.    The Federalist is excusing all male sexual abusers and blaming women.     Even "christian" web sites are attempting to justify the abuse.     Really weird, IMO.   

More interestingly - the GOP in AL made a decision that all electronic votes could be destroyed immediately after the election.    Someone went to court in an attempt  to stop that process, but the court ruled late Tues. that the records could be destroyed.     Now that Moore has lost, there can be no recount of the general vote....consider that IRONY as Moore refuses to concede.   

If there was nothing to hide, why would a credible person or entity with an ounce of integrity, fight to have electronic votes deleted immediately after an election?  Any ideas?

Very good question as to why anyone would want the electronic votes deleted, I would like an answer to that myself.  I wonder what our Right Wing Political Analysts here have to say about the outcome of this election and the electronic votes being deleted?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views