From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Holy Crap I Saw the Video

Message 1 of 94
The girl Niya that sat at her desk and cried and filmed with her cellphone the other girl being dragged across room, is now facing 90 days in jail for creating a disturbance in class.

90 days or $1000 dollars. It is legal to film or take picture of the police, crying is a frigging
Disturbance in a classroom this is BS, I've just signed the petition saying so.

FroZen
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 94
Take note please despite what happens in most states choke holds are illegal in most locations and will get an immediate firing by The police
Regardless of what rank the officer has.

Frozen
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 94
Schools haven't changed that much from when we were smoking in the boys/girls rooms. Except for some now have a doobie in those rooms.

Schools write a grant to get a SRO to combat drugs and weapons, illegal things, violence out, (fights out of hallways) some school have gangs in the neighborhood.

Or if there kids sell drugs, etc out of school and don't pay their vendors out side. Then their vendors enter school to collect from them.
That has happened even in rural and urban Maine.

Course up here it's kids going hunting after school with rifles and shotguns in their vehicles.But we even have bloods and crips mainly in cities.

It's supposed to be controlled escalation of violence. Talk down, not immediately jump into restraints and choke holds. Least that was the theory 4 or 5 years back.

I don't know what was supposed to occur where this happened. But, that chokehold and dragging across the floor was against anything I've ever seen, or been told an SRO is allowed to do. Yes, I know police officers that have been SROs.

That was just wrong, for a girl of 16 that didn't want to go out in the hallway because she had apologized to the teacher for glancing at a text while in a computer class. The school teacher and administrator are also at fault lead by example.

If a kid in foster care loses their cell phone it's gone parents can't get a new one or speak to administrators to get it back. Cripes e en the girl thAt tried to come to her defense verbally was awAre of that. All students had clean records in the school with no blemishes In school or out, least I have neither seen or heard of anything.

The only one with issues was good ol officer slam.

Frozen
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 94

@loveabull wrote:

You just wonder what on earth changed. I was in jr. high and high school suburban New Jersey in the late 1970's. Defiant was smoking in the bathroom, maybe using your lighter to put your graffiti in the ceiling...smoking across the street in high school? That was for the hardcore kids and the gym teacher would run over and round them up. But beating on teachers? The frickin' principal? No if you saw the principal all bets were off. What has happened since then? Unbelievable

Loveabull, I think the kind of defiance you're describing (smoking in the bathroom, putting graffiti on the ceiling) was probably a bit worse than what this girl was doing. She was texting in class. When called on it, she put the phone away and apologized but refused to go to the principal's office because she thought it was unfair.

Kids haven't changed. We've just added SROs to our schools, which means that they will inevitably be overused, as in this case.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 94
DOJ and FBI were called in by Sheriff Lott, review the news videos posted.

The only video I pulled was from Instagram.

Frozen
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 94

You just wonder what on earth changed. I was in jr. high and high school suburban New Jersey in the late 1970's. Defiant was smoking in the bathroom, maybe using your lighter to put your graffiti in the ceiling...smoking across the street in high school? That was for the hardcore kids and the gym teacher would run over and round them up. But beating on teachers? The frickin' principal? No if you saw the principal all bets were off. What has happened since then? Unbelievable

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 94

@easyed598 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Guess he should have  called in the swat team when she wouldn`t cooperate.  What was he getting paid to do?

Evidently he wasn't getting paid to handle it is the way that he did, he got fired. He may even get prosecuted for assault.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 94

@Olderscout66 wrote:

then all the students who refuse to obey their teachers are now immune from any consequences and can disrupt the classroom at their leisure. Fantastic - that'll really bring up the test scores and make school a safer place.

You talk about making schools a safer place on the end of your posting. A "safer place"? You mean safer my allowing a policeman (or anyone for that matter) to slam this girl onto the floor backwards in a chair (desk), landing her onto her neck and then very physically dragging her and practically throwing her?  Hmmm ...........

She could have been removed in a far safer way, don't you think?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 94

@rk9152 wrote:

[chas] It doesn't make a lot of difference who these violent and unacceptable actions were committed against ......... they were wrong. He assaulted that girl.

And yet, the DOJ is involved. Why is that??

You tell me why Rk. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 94

@rker321 wrote:
Of course not, an now it is turning into a race thing whether is one or not. But I haven't seen too much about the girl's behaviour.

The teacher stated that the girl was playing with a Tablet or an I-Phone, or something.

Kudos
Views