Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Historically, Democrats are the real bigots

Message 61 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

#WALKAWAY  Good advice, Jim.  Anyone that thinks what happened 150 years ago is relevant today, in the context provided by you, should certainly, "walkaway".

Again too funny!

Robert Byrd, Democrat, was certainly more recent that 150 years.  Grand Dragon of the KKK.  How do you reconcile that with your fake memory of your parties history?

Ahhh but you are a CONSERVATIVE. COnservatives of either  party are the bigots. Liberals are the reformers. your topic statement infers Democrats arent the bigots NOW. Robert Byrd is dead. WHats your excuse?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 76

But you do not address the fact that the Republicans are so racist today. Isn't that more important?  Today's KKK member will be a Republican if he is anything. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 76

@MIseker wrote:
First twisted history is posted, the obfuscation is heaped on it by a crony. Its an attempt to divert from the lies of ol bretty.

Please feel free to correct the record.  What part of the article posted is not accurate?  

I anxiously wait for your correction with backup as to why it is more accurate.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

#WALKAWAY  Good advice, Jim.  Anyone that thinks what happened 150 years ago is relevant today, in the context provided by you, should certainly, "walkaway".

Again too funny!

Robert Byrd, Democrat, was certainly more recent that 150 years.  Grand Dragon of the KKK.  How do you reconcile that with your fake memory of your parties history?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, the topic does say "historically" but we can look at today if that is the desires of posters.

If I say, "You cannot have this job because, as you are a black, I know that you cannot measure up" - I am a bigot because I am making assumptions based on skin color.

If I say "You can have this job, selected over another, because I know that you are not capable of getting a good job without my help" - I am a bigot because I am making an assumption based on skin color.

The same applies to school, housing, anything that gets involved in "upward mobility", "cultural diversity", etc. type programs. They all make bigoted assumptions.

One thinks he is working out of compassion, but both make the same assumptions.

However - today - there's absolutely no question that trump supporters would act in favor of trump/Putin and act against the mandates of the constitution.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 76
First twisted history is posted, the obfuscation is heaped on it by a crony. Its an attempt to divert from the lies of ol bretty.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 76

Well, the topic does say "historically" but we can look at today if that is the desires of posters.

If I say, "You cannot have this job because, as you are a black, I know that you cannot measure up" - I am a bigot because I am making assumptions based on skin color.

If I say "You can have this job, selected over another, because I know that you are not capable of getting a good job without my help" - I am a bigot because I am making an assumption based on skin color.

The same applies to school, housing, anything that gets involved in "upward mobility", "cultural diversity", etc. type programs. They all make bigoted assumptions.

One thinks he is working out of compassion, but both make the same assumptions.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 76

Seems Swathmore has lowered their admissions standards - perhaps a "legacy" is involved - but it is obvious the supposed author could not get a passing grade in any History or Government course because they are only capable of mouthing the warped version of events put forth by the John Birch Society.

Yes, after the Civil War, many Southerners became Democrats because Lincoln had been a Republican and these Dixiecrats were decidedly racist then and still are now that they switched to the Republican Party in 1964 because LBJ was a Democrat.

Swathie uses "re-segregaged" a number of times, but the sad fact is those agencies were never officially DE-segregated. Also, the official segregation of races did not get underway in the South until Georgia passed the law ALLOWING the Rail companies to segregate passengers by color in 1899. This overturned the 1870 law in Georgia that demanded equal access to rail services for all people and provided a fine of up to $10,000 for anyone convicted of segregating their passenger cars.

What changed the atmosphere of tolerance was not the color of a person's skin, but the economic disaster aka the Panic of 1896 that devistated the South.

Poor White southerners were beginning to notice SOME people were still doing just fine and they did not think that was fair, so the plantation owners pulled out all the stops to prevent poor whites and blacks from uniting to overthrow the still largely feudal society of the Old Confederacy. It worked then and is still working today, but today the one's pushing the race buttons to fire up hatred by poor whites are the GOPerLords.

Back in 1890's, the divide and rule tactic was to create artificial differences between white and black so the poor whites would think they had been moved "up" instead of seeing the reality that it was just that their black neighbors had been pushed farther DOWN.

The artificial difference was called Jim Crow, and it lives today in the GOPers absurd voter photo ID laws and their Right to Work for Much Less, which kills Unions because Unions treat ALL their members equally,but racist employers do not.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 76

Too FUNNY.

The dems have their panties in a wad because of the true history of their party... 

Now that’s Rich...

Sorry guys but a leopard can’t change his spots.

Get over yourselves!

#WALKAWAY

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.