Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Historically, Democrats are the real bigots

Message 21 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

There is an article in today's paper that illustrates the manufactured racism used by the left to increase it's power. It used statistical data of population vs successful college experiences to determine that State schools were discrimination (sic).  Really?  Interesting.  Maybe you could share a link to it with the forum....if it actual exists.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 76

There is an article in today's paper that illustrates the manufactured racism used by the left to increase it's power. It used statistical data of population vs successful college experiences to determine that State schools were discrimination.

In other words it used the usual concept of equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity to assume that more government control over the institutions as to race was required.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

The title of this article is:  Historically, democrats are the real bigots.  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

Deal with it...

It appears someone prefers to cover-up their error by deleting the FAKE NEWS assertion that the NYTimes authored this college paper.  This is consistent with the white-washing of trumps words and the actions of one drunk teen/young man nominated for the highest court in the land.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

When someone is acting in a bigoted way, he believes his beliefs, culture, or background is superior to others.

O.K. expand if you wish.
No need....you wouldn't understand.

Typical, run out of ideas, end with an insult.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 76

@Olderscout66 wrote:

After the Civil War, most Southern Whites became Democrats because Lincoln had been a Republican, so a segment of the Democratic party was racist.

But times changed, and Democrats became more interested in defending the bottom 90% against the Robber Barons who ruled the Republican Party. This made the Dixiecrats uneasy, but they stayed Democrats and just practiced their Jim Crow ways in the South instead of making it a "national" issue because they knew most of America had moved beyond racism.

When LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, those Dixiecrats fled to the Republican Party who welcomed them with open arms and has embraced racism, sexism and xenophobia ever since.

Republicans say they are "Conservative" but the things they are most interested in "conserving" are racist, sexist and xenophobic, and that's what they're all about since 1965.

Conservatism is a political ideology that has absolutely nothing to do with the trash you seem to want to associate with it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 76

Hey jimc get out of your Fox News Hole and focus on today !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

When someone is acting in a bigoted way, he believes his beliefs, culture, or background is superior to others.

O.K. expand if you wish.
No need....you wouldn't understand.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 76

After the Civil War, most Southern Whites became Democrats because Lincoln had been a Republican, so a segment of the Democratic party was racist.

But times changed, and Democrats became more interested in defending the bottom 90% against the Robber Barons who ruled the Republican Party. This made the Dixiecrats uneasy, but they stayed Democrats and just practiced their Jim Crow ways in the South instead of making it a "national" issue because they knew most of America had moved beyond racism.

When LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, those Dixiecrats fled to the Republican Party who welcomed them with open arms and has embraced racism, sexism and xenophobia ever since.

Republicans say they are "Conservative" but the things they are most interested in "conserving" are racist, sexist and xenophobic, and that's what they're all about since 1965.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes - trump - who has publicly said that his german genetic inheritance (in common with Hitler) results in superior intellectual abilities - and his followers and supporters who fatuously and erroneously believe they are more capable of distinguishing truth and fact - and voted for a treasonous malignantly narcissistic lifelong crook and inveterate liar...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote: 

The fact that the old white men will soon be the minorities should be an excellent reason for them to start treating today's minorities with the respect they have always deserved. I am a 73 year old white man and I find KKK sympathizers belong on the bottom of the ocean. I can just see one of these bigots when his time comes telling God that if he had just quit after making white men how much better things would have been.  

I share your view of the Kluxers. Yet, since I support President Trump, to some I am a bigot. To some, it does not have anything to do with your support, for who many believe is a bigot, but what they read here on an ongoing basis. I oppose the wealth redistribution plans of the left so to some here that makes me a radical right winger Actually, it's your frequent references to yourself as a Conservative, by definition, a right winger.....which translates to racist. bigot, sexist, homophobe and a bunch of other stuff that some how or other leads to JBS to some Well, that may be how YOU translate it, but to most, your list is quite typical of the posts here of many Conservatives.

So, as you can see, the words have truly lost all meaning.  No, they haven't.  Let's remind those who may be led astray by your post what "bigot" means.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I haven't seen much "tolerance" of differing views by many Conservatives posting here.  One calling anyone who didn't agree with his view about kneeling during the National Anthem, "ignorant"; another calling anyone disagreeing with your view on "wealth redistribution" as a Marxist or wanting "free stuff", etc.

The word has NOT lost its' meaning; some just choose to ignore its' meaning.

Furthermore, no one knows whether you're any of the words you listed; the AARP forum members only have the ability to assess the words you yourself chose to use and the positions you take.  And as we humans do, terms are used to describe what we humans read; just as you do as well.  If you are actually distraught how others describe your posts, you may wish to consider being more tolerant of those you disagree. 

As always there are two elements in the above. One is, "You are not on my side of the issue so you must be a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc.". Gee, talk about distorting what another poster posts.....  Gee, that was a valid point. The ability to accept the potential decency of an alternate view and discuss it. A perfect example, I am a bigot because of - "what they read here on an ongoing basis" - with no specificity. It's very specific each time you post something that fits the ter; you just choose to ignore it. I have no idea what a "ter" is so I can't respond. So, what else is possible other than "You don't agree with me"?  Easy....."I diagree with you because x, y, and z." It's not that hard. Except the x,y and z and usually missing.

The other is the distortion of word meanings. Example, the definition offered above is exactly my point, yet it is posted and argued against by the same person. Nope, it's not argued against at all.  It means what it means. No, there is much more but some prefer to narrow things to fit an agenda.

As to Democratic Party basic ideology - their entire platform seems to be "free". If that is not wealth redistribution, what is?  LOL!  "Entire platform"....yep, that's objective and open-minded.  LOL!!!  Sounds like a politically bigoted view to me. O.K. expand if you wish. Or just giggle.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors