Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Historically, Democrats are the real bigots

Message 31 of 76

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Because Democrats are traditionally the members of all white golf and tennis clubs?  The ones who did not allow blacks to enter for decades?

Is the content of your post specifically referring to the time period prior to LBJ signing the Civil Rights Legislation into law - or the time period after that signing?

It's a well known and historically recognized fact that after LBJ's signing the

civil Rights Legislation into law - the vast majority of racists left the Democratic Party, became republicans, and elected Nixon - whose "Southern Strategy" and racist dog-whistling was unmistakably clear and obvious...

The Republican Party has been where the vast majority of those with racist inclinations and "implicit racial bias" - but with insufficient courage to admit to being racially biased went and have been since Nixon's successful racist "Southern Strategy" - the republican party is where the vast majority of racists still are - with small groups - such as JBS, libertarians, alt-right, nazis, kkk, white nationalists, white supremacists, etc etc being far closer to the racist character of the republican party than any other political organization.

"Y-e-s!!!!!"  "Exactly!!!!"  "Tell 'em!!!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote: 

The fact that the old white men will soon be the minorities should be an excellent reason for them to start treating today's minorities with the respect they have always deserved. I am a 73 year old white man and I find KKK sympathizers belong on the bottom of the ocean. I can just see one of these bigots when his time comes telling God that if he had just quit after making white men how much better things would have been.  

I share your view of the Kluxers. Yet, since I support President Trump, to some I am a bigot. To some, it does not have anything to do with your support, for who many believe is a bigot, but what they read here on an ongoing basis. I oppose the wealth redistribution plans of the left so to some here that makes me a radical right winger Actually, it's your frequent references to yourself as a Conservative, by definition, a right winger.....which translates to racist. bigot, sexist, homophobe and a bunch of other stuff that some how or other leads to JBS to some Well, that may be how YOU translate it, but to most, your list is quite typical of the posts here of many Conservatives.

So, as you can see, the words have truly lost all meaning.  No, they haven't.  Let's remind those who may be led astray by your post what "bigot" means.

Bigot - a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I haven't seen much "tolerance" of differing views by many Conservatives posting here.  One calling anyone who didn't agree with his view about kneeling during the National Anthem, "ignorant"; another calling anyone disagreeing with your view on "wealth redistribution" as a Marxist or wanting "free stuff", etc.

The word has NOT lost its' meaning; some just choose to ignore its' meaning.

Furthermore, no one knows whether you're any of the words you listed; the AARP forum members only have the ability to assess the words you yourself chose to use and the positions you take.  And as we humans do, terms are used to describe what we humans read; just as you do as well.  If you are actually distraught how others describe your posts, you may wish to consider being more tolerant of those you disagree. 

As always there are two elements in the above. One is, "You are not on my side of the issue so you must be a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc.". Gee, talk about distorting what another poster posts.....  The ability to accept the potential decency of an alternate view and discuss it. A perfect example, I am a bigot because of - "what they read here on an ongoing basis" - with no specificity. It's very specific each time you post something that fits the ter; you just choose to ignore it. So, what else is possible other than "You don't agree with me"?  Easy....."I diagree with you because x, y, and z." It's not that hard.

The other is the distortion of word meanings. Example, the definition offered above is exactly my point, yet it is posted and argued against by the same person. Nope, it's not argued against at all.  It means what it means.

As to Democratic Party basic ideology - their entire platform seems to be "free". If that is not wealth redistribution, what is?  LOL!  "Entire platform"....yep, that's objective and open-minded.  LOL!!!  Sounds like a politically bigoted view to me.

When someone is acting in a bigoted way, he believes his beliefs, culture, or background is superior to others.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

Getting back to basics - is assigning a kid to a school based on the color of his skin racist??

That's a thoroughly transparent attempt to take the discussion off topic - no answer necessary.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 76

Getting back to basics - is assigning a kid to a school based on the color of his skin racist??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote: 

The fact that the old white men will soon be the minorities should be an excellent reason for them to start treating today's minorities with the respect they have always deserved. I am a 73 year old white man and I find KKK sympathizers belong on the bottom of the ocean. I can just see one of these bigots when his time comes telling God that if he had just quit after making white men how much better things would have been.  

I share your view of the Kluxers. Yet, since I support President Trump, to some I am a bigot. To some, it does not have anything to do with your support, for who many believe is a bigot, but what they read here on an ongoing basis. I oppose the wealth redistribution plans of the left so to some here that makes me a radical right winger Actually, it's your frequent references to yourself as a Conservative, by definition, a right winger.....which translates to racist. bigot, sexist, homophobe and a bunch of other stuff that some how or other leads to JBS to some Well, that may be how YOU translate it, but to most, your list is quite typical of the posts here of many Conservatives.

So, as you can see, the words have truly lost all meaning.  No, they haven't.  Let's remind those who may be led astray by your post what "bigot" means.

I haven't seen much "tolerance" of differing views by many Conservatives posting here.  One calling anyone who didn't agree with his view about kneeling during the National Anthem, "ignorant"; another calling anyone disagreeing with your view on "wealth redistribution" as a Marxist or wanting "free stuff", etc.

Furthermore, no one knows whether you're any of the words you listed; the AARP forum members only have the ability to assess the words you yourself chose to use and the positions you take.  And as we humans do, terms are used to describe what we humans read; just as you do as well.  If you are actually distraught how others describe your posts, you may wish to consider being more tolerant of those you disagree. 

As always there are two elements in the above. One is, "You are not on my side of the issue so you must be a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc.". The ability to accept the potential decency of an alternate view and discuss it. A perfect example, I am a bigot because of - "what they read here on an ongoing basis" - with no specificity. So, what else is possible other than "You don't agree with me"?

The other is the distortion of word meanings. Example, the definition offered above is exactly my point, yet it is posted and argued against by the same person.

As to Democratic Party basic ideology - their entire platform seems to be "free". If that is not wealth redistribution, what is?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 76

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote: 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 76

cn5621:  It was LBJ, a Democrat that pushed that legislation and did the arm twisting with members of congress that got it passed into law.  Before anyone can change they have to admit to themselves they need to. 

That's correct. And he had the guts to do what was right even though he knew the consequences for Democrats. Didn't he say something like “We have just lost the South for a generation”?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 76

jimc91:  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

The Dems are not in a "tizzy" at all since we have more sense than to deny or hide the history of our party. Why bother doing that it's a waste of time? The amazing thing is the total lack of self awareness of people in a party currently home to every stripe of scumbag racist bringing the subject of racism up at all. It's like a morbidly obese person sneering at someone who successfully lost weight.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 76

Olderscout66:  Republicans will never "fix" their racist, sexist, xenophobic ways because that and the Russians, Gerrymanders and voter suppression is how they win elections.

That's absolutely true. If they clean out the racists they would have precious little left of their base.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 76

@cn5621 wrote: 

I share your view of the Kluxers. Yet, since I support President Trump, to some I am a bigot. I oppose the wealth redistribution plans of the left so to some here that makes me a radical right winger which translates to racist. bigot, sexist, homophobe and a bunch of other stuff that some how or other leads to JBS to some.

So, as you can see, the words have truly lost all meaning.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors