Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Historically, Democrats are the real bigots

Message 41 of 76

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, the topic does say "historically" but we can look at today if that is the desires of posters.

If I say, "You cannot have this job because, as you are a black, I know that you cannot measure up" - I am a bigot because I am making assumptions based on skin color.

If I say "You can have this job, selected over another, because I know that you are not capable of getting a good job without my help" - I am a bigot because I am making an assumption based on skin color.

The same applies to school, housing, anything that gets involved in "upward mobility", "cultural diversity", etc. type programs. They all make bigoted assumptions.

One thinks he is working out of compassion, but both make the same assumptions.

The law is quite simple, and not being a bigot I never had a problem with it. Personally, or hiring and firing people. Either you have had no experience with it and only believe what’s told to you, or you can’t grasp a very simple construct. 

does that mean that (as an example) assigning a kid to a school based on the color of his skin is or isn't bigotry?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

so why do they bother 60 years later?  What's the point?  As you said, they should address their issues of today.  Their base, older white men, are going to be a minority very shortly. 
And yet vague allegations about a HS kid 37 years ago is world shaking - it even causes Mick to cry, and cent to Ditto! Literally, etc. etc. etc.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 76

@MIseker wrote:
First twisted history is posted, the obfuscation is heaped on it by a crony. Its an attempt to divert from the lies of ol bretty.

was there some particular point you disagreed with - or is the childishness of "bretty" as deep as you can manage?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

The title of this NYT article is:  Historically, democrats are the real bigots.  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

Deal with it...

Dead wrong - nowhere close to accurate.

The article linked to is NOT from the NYT - but is instead is a 2015 Swarthmore College opinion article written by an undergraduate college boy named Philip Decker - after some research, there were a number of opinions of his peers that viewed him as kind of hinky and not necessarily the kind of person they would want to be associated with...   

The article is full of opinion and racist bias - with little if any documentation accepted as valid by multiple degree holding history professionals  - a very odd sort of thing for one who is attempting to pass himself off as a history major.

GW Bush had a bachelor degree in history - he clearly didn't learn and remember a blessed thing from his history degree - his and his administation's incompetence allowed 911 to happen - and subsequently got the world into a colossal financial and military bleeped up mess that will probably outlive him and most of us reading this...

Another desperate ploy - posting an opinion piece that might possibly get a passing grade as a fiction submission in an English class, or as an example of delusional fixation in an abnormal psychology class - but would never get a passing grade as a history class submission.

There's no question that Alex Jones and a few other extreme right fringe wing ranters would love it, and refer to it repeatedly...

Not different in any significant respect than a politically biased racist rant from that profoundly maladjusted professional liar for trump - Stephen Miller.

Sorry @jimc91 - you really should post something that's not way out of date - is written by a recognized professional with verifiable chops - not a second rate, non-objective, decidedly politically, and racially biased opinion article by what appears to be a politically and racially biased crackpot college punk.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 76

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

Why do the dems try to hide there own history?

Who's trying to "hide" it jimc91? I've said many times here in this forum that the Southern Democrats were racist and that's why the south flipped to Republicans after the civil rights legislation was passed. It's simply a fact.

Instead of worrying about what Democrats used to be, Republicans would be far better off worrying about what they are now and try to remedy it.

Excellent point, Panjan.  I for one can attest you've posted that at least several times.  Repubs should quit bickering about History; no one is defending the Dems in the 50's, so why do they bother 60 years later?  What's the point?  As you said, they should address their issues of today.  Their base, older white men, are going to be a minority very shortly. 

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

Who's trying to "hide" it jimc91? I've said many times here in this forum that the Southern Democrats were racist and that's why the south flipped to Republicans after the civil rights legislation was passed. It's simply a fact.

Instead of worrying about what Democrats used to be, Republicans would be far better off worrying about what they are now and try to remedy it.

Excellent point, Panjan.  I for one can attest you've posted that at least several times.  Repubs should quit bickering about History; no one is defending the Dems in the 50's, so why do they bother 60 years later?  What's the point?  As you said, they should address their issues of today.  Their base, older white men, are going to be a minority very shortly. 

The fact that the old white men will soon be the minorities should be an excellent reason for them to start treating today's minorities with the respect they have always deserved. I am a 73 year old white man and I find KKK sympathizers belong on the bottom of the ocean. I can just see one of these bigots when his time comes telling God that if he had just quit after making white men how much better things would have been.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

The title of this article is:  Historically, democrats are the real bigots.  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

Deal with it...

MY bad!

This article was published by :

https://swarthmorephoenix.com/2015/03/26/historically-democrats-are-the-real-bigots/

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

The title of this NYT article is:  Historically, democrats are the real bigots.  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

One can only wonder why Conservatives here continually post falsehoods and FAKE NEWS.  Why do they routinely do so?  The NYT had NOTHING to do with this "article", yet Jim say's it's "theirs".  Just more FAKE NEWS from the usual source.

Deal with it... indeed....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 76

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

It was LBJ, a Democrat that pushed that legislation and did the arm twisting with members of congress that got it passed into law.  Before anyone can change they have to admit to themselves they need to. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 76

@jimc91 wrote:

Deal with it...

A post will tell you who is a member of the 38 %, an open mind is preferable to a closed one always. Bigots can be found in both political parties. No one is born a bigot,  however many have aspired to it.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 76

The title of this article is:  Historically, democrats are the real bigots.  Apparently the article has the dems on this forum in quite a tizzy.  Hey guys it is what it is, no matter how you want to spin it, this article is accurate.  

Deal with it...

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.