AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
235
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

235 Views
Message 1 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:


Well, you say "foothold" Hillary seemed to be talking about a total take over. Either way, that is quite a political threat - "violence until we get our way".


Yep - and here is an example of "civility" from "rk's" side of the political fence...

 

Videos Show Far-Right Group Beating Protestors, Waving Sword in New York City

 

Got some really high quality "civil" folks on your side...

 

Bet the nation wishes their parents had used birth control more effectively...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
235
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
243
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

243 Views
Message 2 of 89

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

It is amazing to me that Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton can make one statement about the incivility of the current regime in the White House and the political climate at large,  and how the Republican Party has misconstrued and taken her words so far afield so as to make them a false threat.

 

In essence, she was talking about the incivility and the lack of a willingness on the part of republicans to legislate in good faith and fairness.   So she suggested that republican incivility should be met by Democrats standing their ground and striving for compromise and a part in the decision-making going forward.  No more.  No less.  However, since republicans seem to have absolutely no interest in compromise and are on a political "slash and burn" crusade,  Mrs. Clinton succinctly stated her observation and position that since the republicans have shown no civility, civility will only return with the advent of Democrats taking and holding control of the legislative bodies of government. Then maybe we can get back to the place where there is a give and take in policymaking and a sharing in meeting the needs, wants, and desires of "all" the people and not just a "chosen" few.


She said that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over. Where was the "false" in that threat?

 

As to your "all" the people - do you suppose a Dem takeover will fulfill the Trump campaign promises? If not your "all" will exclude quite a few people.


************************************************

You recounted that Hillary said "that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over."  Well, I don't see that  statement as a threat.  I see that statement as a point of fact because the republican party and their fearless leader is not civil and has shown their intent to continue going forward, slashing and burning, and ignoring the concerns of all Americans or the input of the Democrats.  So since there is no real effort to work together or to be "civil"  on the part of the repubs, one could say that civility is gone and so all we can hope is "civility," "order," and "COMPROMISE" will not be in play until the Democrats get a foothold in as the majority.


Well, you say "foothold" Hillary seemed to be talking about a total take over. Either way, that is quite a political threat - "violence until we get our way".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
243
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
253
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

253 Views
Message 3 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

It is amazing to me that Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton can make one statement about the incivility of the current regime in the White House and the political climate at large,  and how the Republican Party has misconstrued and taken her words so far afield so as to make them a false threat.

 

In essence, she was talking about the incivility and the lack of a willingness on the part of republicans to legislate in good faith and fairness.   So she suggested that republican incivility should be met by Democrats standing their ground and striving for compromise and a part in the decision-making going forward.  No more.  No less.  However, since republicans seem to have absolutely no interest in compromise and are on a political "slash and burn" crusade,  Mrs. Clinton succinctly stated her observation and position that since the republicans have shown no civility, civility will only return with the advent of Democrats taking and holding control of the legislative bodies of government. Then maybe we can get back to the place where there is a give and take in policymaking and a sharing in meeting the needs, wants, and desires of "all" the people and not just a "chosen" few.


She said that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over. Where was the "false" in that threat?

 

As to your "all" the people - do you suppose a Dem takeover will fulfill the Trump campaign promises? If not your "all" will exclude quite a few people.


************************************************

You recounted that Hillary said "that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over."  Well, I don't see that  statement as a threat.  I see that statement as a point of fact because the republican party and their fearless leader is not civil and has shown their intent to continue going forward, slashing and burning, and ignoring the concerns of all Americans or the input of the Democrats.  So since there is no real effort to work together or to be "civil"  on the part of the repubs, one could say that civility is gone and so all we can hope is "civility," "order," and "COMPROMISE" will not be in play until the Democrats get a foothold in as the majority.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
253
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
264
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

264 Views
Message 4 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

She said that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over. Where was the "false" in that threat?

 

As to your "all" the people - do you suppose a Dem takeover will fulfill the Trump campaign promises? If not your "all" will exclude quite a few people.


Looking at the Republican leader and his incivility to everyone including the latest woman he married, I would say that was a prediction and not a "Threat". 

 

I understand they are starting to place odds on Melania divorcing Trump while First Lady.  Interesting .

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
264
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
266
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

266 Views
Message 5 of 89

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There is a legal and legitimate method of making people "answer for their crimes" and it is not public harassment and mob rule - except for those who long for a revolution.


Does that mean you are condemning the Trump rally geeks screaming "lock her up" because Hillary was found innocent in all those committees and investigations?  Or is your comment only for Republicans?


Of course not. Again...(see above). What "jury of her peers" exonerated her?


There was insufficient evidence presented to bring charges or indict for having committed a crime.

No criminal intent.

No evidence of any criminal act that could be successfully prosecuted.

Since it's accepted that a Grand Jury could indict a ham sandwich, why wasn't a Grand Jury empaneled and why wasn't Hillary indicted - and tried?

There was never any indictment or trial - a shortcoming of republicans.

 

Therefore - in the absence of any verifiable factual evidence of wrongdoing or criminal intent to do wrong - she was always innocent of wrongdoing from the outset. 

Remember - innocent until proved guilty...

 

Of course, if any evidence had ever existed that could have been presented - why wasn't it presented?

 

Perhaps there is such evidence in Lewis Carroll's "Wonderland", or the "trumpworld alternate reality" - but no valid evidence exists out here in the real world...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
266
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
287
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

287 Views
Message 6 of 89

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

So, how can you be supportive of those wanting to lock up people who have committed no crimes?

william - so, I don't.

Are you supporting voter suppression of minorities in Georgia and other states?

No.

Or perhaps you would prefer a repub candidate threatening to walk on his opponent’s face with golf spikes?

No.

Or appropriate more money for camps to keep immigrant children in?

As much as is needed to provide their needs.

 

Is this your vision for our society!

Is what my vision? I believe I dealt with each of the individual issues.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
287
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
292
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

292 Views
Message 7 of 89

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

It is amazing to me that Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton can make one statement about the incivility of the current regime in the White House and the political climate at large,  and how the Republican Party has misconstrued and taken her words so far afield so as to make them a false threat.

 

In essence, she was talking about the incivility and the lack of a willingness on the part of republicans to legislate in good faith and fairness.   So she suggested that republican incivility should be met by Democrats standing their ground and striving for compromise and a part in the decision-making going forward.  No more.  No less.  However, since republicans seem to have absolutely no interest in compromise and are on a political "slash and burn" crusade,  Mrs. Clinton succinctly stated her observation and position that since the republicans have shown no civility, civility will only return with the advent of Democrats taking and holding control of the legislative bodies of government. Then maybe we can get back to the place where there is a give and take in policymaking and a sharing in meeting the needs, wants, and desires of "all" the people and not just a "chosen" few.


She said that the incivility will continue until the Dems take over. Where was the "false" in that threat?

 

As to your "all" the people - do you suppose a Dem takeover will fulfill the Trump campaign promises? If not your "all" will exclude quite a few people.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
292
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
296
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

296 Views
Message 8 of 89

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There is a legal and legitimate method of making people "answer for their crimes" and it is not public harassment and mob rule - except for those who long for a revolution.


Does that mean you are condemning the Trump rally geeks screaming "lock her up" because Hillary was found innocent in all those committees and investigations?  Or is your comment only for Republicans?


Of course not. Again...(see above). What "jury of her peers" exonerated her?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
296
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
309
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

309 Views
Message 9 of 89

@rk9152

So, how can you be supportive of those wanting to lock up people who have committed no crimes?

Are you supporting voter suppression of minorities in Georgia and other states?

Or perhaps you would prefer a repub candidate threatening to walk on his opponent’s face with golf spikes?

Or appropriate more money for camps to keep immigrant children in?

 

Is this your vision for our society!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
309
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
315
Views

Re: Hillary encourages civil unrest

315 Views
Message 10 of 89

It is amazing to me that Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton can make one statement about the incivility of the current regime in the White House and the political climate at large,  and how the Republican Party has misconstrued and taken her words so far afield so as to make them a false threat.

 

In essence, she was talking about the incivility and the lack of a willingness on the part of republicans to legislate in good faith and fairness.   So she suggested that republican incivility should be met by Democrats standing their ground and striving for compromise and a part in the decision-making going forward.  No more.  No less.  However, since republicans seem to have absolutely no interest in compromise and are on a political "slash and burn" crusade,  Mrs. Clinton succinctly stated her observation and position that since the republicans have shown no civility, civility will only return with the advent of Democrats taking and holding control of the legislative bodies of government. Then maybe we can get back to the place where there is a give and take in policymaking and a sharing in meeting the needs, wants, and desires of "all" the people and not just a "chosen" few.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
315
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors