Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hillary: Dems, You Are Stuck With Her

Message 41 of 57

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

affection | əˈfekSH(ə)n | noun 1 a gentle feeling of fondness or liking: she felt affection for the wise old lady | he won a place in her affections. physical expressions of affection: they are lonely and they crave affection. 2 archaic the act or process of affecting or being affected. a condition or disease: an affection of the skin. a mental state; an emotion.

So they have a mental disease causing them to sorta kinda like the idea of evidence. You know, without any real attachment or use of it ... Smiley Happy

I've never met an intelligent person that considered a mental state or emotion a "mental disease".  Odd, indeed.

Suggest taking your quibble up with the Oxford dictionary. That's their definition, sir.

As for me, I know my sister's paranoid schizophrenia as disease. Absolutely emotion. Absolutely mental state. Absolutely disease.

Trump Derangement Syndrome may or may not prove to be a real disease, I'll give you that, but it certainly appears to be a mental state and emotion.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 57

@Epsterwrote:

Going back to ignoring you now. Have a nice day.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 57

@Epsterwrote:

@easyed598wrote:

We Gop`ers are happy with the great things going on with Trump.( great economy,low unemployment ,stock market high, Korea dismantling nuclear plants,illegal immigrants being stopped and sent homes etc. etc.)  . Most Republicans  are going to be happy to run on Trump`s accomplishments.

Count me as a happy Republican. OK, if you prefer.  Whereas I began this election cycle disliking each and every candidate --and wishing there was a serious 3rd party in America--  as I did for what it's worth....I am proud of what the current administration has accomplished (note the list above) Yep I note "happy Repubs" are actually convinced North Korea will dismantle their nuclear plants/weapons and are hypocrites when they whine about debt. in spite of the (cough, cough) "resistance" and their own failings. Were Repubs the "resistance" during the last Administration?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 57

@nctarheel ROFL. So are you denying that this happened or are you saying that anyone who ever posts a hyperbolic headline (check yourself here) should be ignored and ridiculed?

BTW, if you bothered to read the story, you'd see that it includes a screenshot of a CNN tweet saying basically the same thing (from a lib perspective) that the headline says.

Going back to ignoring you now. Have a nice day. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 57

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

affection | əˈfekSH(ə)n | noun 1 a gentle feeling of fondness or liking: she felt affection for the wise old lady | he won a place in her affections. physical expressions of affection: they are lonely and they crave affection. 2 archaic the act or process of affecting or being affected. a condition or disease: an affection of the skin. a mental state; an emotion.

So they have a mental disease causing them to sorta kinda like the idea of evidence. You know, without any real attachment or use of it ... Smiley Happy

I've never met an intelligent person that considered a mental state or emotion a "mental disease".  Odd, indeed.

Perhaps that misapprehension might be aresult of embracing the conservative thought disorder known as "cognitive dissonance", which has been determined by the fields of psychology and psychiatry to be related to psychosis...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 57

@easyed598wrote:

We Gop`ers are happy with the great things going on with Trump.( great economy,low unemployment ,stock market high, Korea dismantling nuclear plants,illegal immigrants being stopped and sent homes etc. etc.)  . Most Republicans  are going to be happy to run on Trump`s accomplishments.

Count me as a happy Republican. Whereas I began this election cycle disliking each and every candidate --and wishing there was a serious 3rd party in America--  I am proud of what the current administration has accomplished (note the list above) in spite of the (cough, cough) "resistance" and their own failings.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Hillary: Dems, You Are Stuck With Her

Message 47 of 57

Centrist said, "I agree, Panjan. trumpettes need something to obsess over as their cult leaders goes down in flames.  They are an embarrassment to Democracy and what it means to be an American. And the sad part?  They don't even realize it."

Centrist, it's far worse than sad, it's terrifying. I think we're on the verge of a consititutional crisis and unless Republicans stand up (which they won't), Trump could become a dictator.

Unfortunately, Trump loyalist aren't very bright, so they have no idea this is happening. They're content to believe all the propaganda and conspiracy theories put out by Fox on a daily basis. If only they could think!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 57

@easyed598wrote:

It is amazing to me what lengths supporters of "SPANKY" Trump will go to spin a yarn that applies to this administration.

For example, the GREAT ECONOMY noted above, grew by 2.1 million jobs in "SPANKY'S" first year but by 2.5 million jobs in Obama's last year.

Take growth, also mentioned above, 2.3% growth in "SPANKY'S" first year; 2.9% in Obama's last year.

As a side note, we now have $3.00/gallon gasoline and people have discovered the highly touted tax break was smoke and mirrors.

But back to the items noted above....

Unemployment, even for African Americans, declined at a higher rate during the Obama years than in "SPANKY'S" first year... he doesn't get to "own" that statistic.

During the Obama administration, the stock market increased at a rate that dwarfed what has happened since "SPANKY" was elected.

North Korea is NOT denuclearizing; they are closing a test facility that is about to collapse. "SPANKY" is being played the fool here as will soon become evident.

And as to illegal immigrants, President Obama deported more illegal immigrants THAN ANY OTHER PRESIDENT.

So, seriously, the spin generated above has no basis in fact; that is how this administration has been operated..... SMOKE AND MIRRORS..... LITTLE, IF ANY, FACTS.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 57

Centristsin2010:  I agree, Panjan. trumpettes need something to obsess over as their cult leaders goes down in flames.  They are an embarrassment to Democracy and what it means to be an American. And the sad part?  They don't even realize it.

That's the amazing part.....they don't seem to realize what's going on. Do they have any inkling that Trump may not finish his term?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 57

Hillary has proved to be an excellent role model.  She started from modest roots, got as much education as she could, then she and her husband went to the very top.  Trump started out with billions of dollars, can barely read, and is still acting as a reality star.  I am proud to have Hillary on our team. 

Kudos
Views