Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hillary Clinton Appears To Suggest Russians Will Use Tulsi Gabbard For Third-Party Run

Message 21 of 31

The Russian propaganda machine that tried to influence the 2016 U.S. election is now promoting the presidential aspirations of a controversial Hawaii Democrat who earlier this month declared her intention to run for president in 2020.

An NBC News analysis of the main English-language news sites employed by Russia in its 2016 election meddling shows Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, who is set to make her formal announcement Saturday, has become a favorite of the sites Moscow used when it interfered in

2016   -  .https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hillary Clinton Appears To Suggest Russians Will Use Tulsi Gabbard For Third-Party Run

Message 22 of 31
ManicProgressive posted...

David Duke apparently just endorsed Gabbard. We are in a whole new level of crazy.

=============================================================

Crazy is correct.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard gets 2020 endorsement from David Duke

Published: Oct 19, 2019 9:45 a.m. ET

“I have strongly denounced David Duke’s hateful views and his so-called ‘support’ multiple times in the past, and reject his support,” Gabbard said

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/rep-tulsi-gabbard-gets-2020-endorsement-from-david-duke-2019-10-19

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 31

YA YA   Hillary BAD  again......she warned us about TRUMP......

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 31

OMG!  What Hillary will do to get attention.

+++++++++++++++++++

Yes, it's about headlines.

Hillary and Chelsea are on their new book tour. Hillary is just showing Chelsea "This is how it's done" to increase book sales.

She knows who will buy her book. Her base. She knows what gets them excited:

RussiaGate + Tulsi = increased book sales.

It works every time.

yang tulsi.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 31

@ManicProgressive wrote:

David Duke apparently just endorsed Gabbard. We are in a whole new level of crazy.

No we are not. You just see he far right at work doing everything they can  to keep Dictator Trump in office.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 31

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 31

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/politics/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard/index.html

part of the link...

(CNN)Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Thursday the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests.

The comment appears to be directed at Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who has been accused of being cozy with Russia in the past.
"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."
Clinton never names Gabbard, but there are only five women running for President -- Gabbard, California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and author Marianne Williamson -- and none of the other woman have been accused of being boosted by Russia.

"They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far," Clinton said.
Gabbard responded on Twitter Friday afternoon to Clinton's comments.
"Thank you @HillaryClinton. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain," she tweeted.
"From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation," she added. "We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose."
"It's now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don't cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly."
Responding to Gabbard's attacks, Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said, "Divisive language filled with vitriol and conspiracy theories? Can't imagine a better proof point than this."
Asked earlier if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard in her comment, Merrill told CNN, "If the nesting doll fits"
"This is not some outlandish claim. This is reality," Merrill said. "If the Russian propaganda machine, both their state media and their bot and troll operations, is backing a candidate aligned with their interests, that is just a reality, it is not speculation."
Gabbard, in a late August interview with CNN, ruled out a third-party bid.
"I will not," the Hawaii Democrat told CNN. "No, I have ruled that out."
Gabbard has tried to fight off the charge that she is being pushed by Russian interests.
"Just two days ago, the New York Times put out an article saying that I'm a Russian asset and an Assad apologist and all these different smears," Gabbard said, referring to a recent story that said she is being backed by Russians on Twitter. "This morning, a CNN commentator said on national television that I'm an asset of Russia. Completely despicable."
Clinton also accused Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate in both the 2012 and 2016 elections, of being a "Russian asset."
"That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not, because she's also a Russian asset," Clinton said. "Yes, she's a Russian asset, I mean, totally. They know they can't win without a third-party candidate."
Stein's campaign, which earned nearly 1.5 million votes in the 2016 election, was part of Russia's meddling efforts, according to a host of congressional reports, including a Senate Intelligence Committee report that indicated Russian social media efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election included messaging in support of Stein.

===========================================================

OMG!  What Hillary will do to get attention.

Why do you go after Hillary. Trump is the one Russia is doing all this for again and you support him. The story even tells all last time they used Jill Stein, and they did. Why would anyone support Trump when we all know he is the Russian choice, and why would any true American try and make a big deal out of being warned that Russia will use someone to try and get their person Trump elected. The sad thing is the far right will go out and vote for Trump just as Russia wants. I will not vote for Trump one reason is Russia wants him elected. Will you join me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 31
Panjandrum posted..

Hillary isn't the only one with suspicions about Tulsi Gabbard.

Your information comes from....

Bruce Bartlett
@BruceBartlett
Long-time Republican foot soldier who left the party in 2006. Now an independent who hates the GOP, supports Elizabeth

Caroline Orr
@RVAwonk
#Feminist. Behavioral Scientist. Peripatetic. Reporter @NatObserver focusing on disinformation & the rise of hate. Also find me @ArcDigi & @BylineTim

Christopher Bouzy
@cbouzy
Founder of Bot Sentinel Inc. and I started coding on a Aquarius computer when I was 9-years-old . Now I track trollbots and fight disinformation.

=================================================

OK!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 31

KidBoy2:  "I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

Hillary isn't the only one with suspicions about Tulsi Gabbard.

Bruce Bartlett @BruceBartlett

I think Hillary Clinton is right. Tulsi Gabbard is being groomed to be the new Jill Stein by the same people and for the same reason--to drain votes from the Democratic nominee and allow the Republican to win.

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account @kurteichenwald 21m21 minutes ago

Kurt Eichenwald Retweeted Tulsi Gabbard

All I know is, every time I mention @TulsiGabbard, I get bombarded by comments that using virtually identical words as ones I got in 2016 from accounts since been confirmed to be part of the Russian hacking/disinformation programs. And that is not true of anyone else I mention.

Caroline Orr @RVAwonk 32m32 minutes ago

It’s important to point out here that a Russian “asset” is not the same thing as a Russian “agent”. An asset can be witting or unwitting; it’s any person or org who can be used to advance Russia’s interests. It’s pretty clear that Tulsi satisfies that criteria.

Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy 25m25 minutes ago

Exclusive: Trollbots who normally amplify Conservative Twitter accounts are tweeting in support of Tulsi Gabbard.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 31

That would split the Democratic vote and help Trump.............don't any of the regressives ever ask why the Russians want to help Trump so badly?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22