Re: High school runners sue to block transgender students from competing

Message 31 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/high-school-runners-sue-to-block-transgender-students-from-c...

The families of three high school cross-country runners are attempting to stop transgender athletes from participating in girls' sports in Connecticut by filing a federal lawsuit one day before the start of the state's indoor track championships.  Students Selina Soule, Chelsea Mitchell, and Alanna Smith say that allowing students with male anatomy to participate in sports against female-born athletes hinders their competitive opportunities. The lawsuit was filed against the Connecticut Association of Schools and the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which require that students be treated according to the gender with which they identify, in keeping with the state's anti-discrimination law and with local boards of education for Bloomfield, Cromwell, Glastonbury, Canton, and Danbury.

"Mentally and physically, we know the outcome before the race even starts," Smith told the Associated Press on Wednesday. "That biological unfairness doesn’t go away because of what someone believes about gender identity. All girls deserve the chance to compete on a level playing field." Smith is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Lee Smith.  Soule, Mitchell, and Smith are represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative faith-based organization. "Forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” ADF counsel Christiana Holcomb said. "Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women."

Last year, the group filed a complaint to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights on behalf of Soule and two other students whose names were not disclosed at the time, saying that transgender girls had repeatedly won competitive races and that Title IX policy violated federal protections for female athletes.  The plaintiffs have placed behind two transgender sprinters in more than a dozen statewide races since 2017, with Mitchell finishing third in a state track competition last year. "Our dream is not to come in second or third place but to win fair and square," Mitchell said. "All we’re asking for is a fair chance." 

The suit is being challenged by the American Civil Liberties Union, which says the measure is "a dangerous distortion of both law and science in the service of excluding trans youth from public life." Transgender female runner Cece Telfer has argued that the reverse is true, dismissing claims that her male anatomy provides her with an advantage against female-born runners and attributing a handicap to her performance incurred through her medical transition.

My comment:

Cece Telfer should run as a male in the Special Olympics.

Really. What do you think about this subject. How would you handle this problem, and do you think the runners are right, and why?

Scientists and I agree that "transsexuals" are not real women.  I want all pretense that they are real women to stop.

I am not sure you are correct on scientists agree with you. There have been many articles on this subject and they seem to say the people have no control on gay or straight and transsexuals fall in to the group so it would not be pretense, and if that is true should not they be treated with the group they idenitfy with.

Wrong as usual.  Here is one scientist:

He is not a scientist but an author. He is giving his views. He also said that everyone should be able to access opportunities offered. Well she is a girl and she is in a girls event so he just took the opposite view to keeping her out.  You should take a second viewing as he does not support what you say nor is he what you say.

Wrong as usual.

1.  Jordan Peterson is a psychologist which make him a scientist.

2.The interviewer said "Do you think a trans woman is a real woman?".  Jordan Peterson answered, "No.".

3. You are begging the question by saying "she is a girl" because he is not a girl.

4. In the other video I posted, Jordan Peterson is against trans athletes.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 43

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/high-school-runners-sue-to-block-transgender-students-from-c...

The families of three high school cross-country runners are attempting to stop transgender athletes from participating in girls' sports in Connecticut by filing a federal lawsuit one day before the start of the state's indoor track championships.  Students Selina Soule, Chelsea Mitchell, and Alanna Smith say that allowing students with male anatomy to participate in sports against female-born athletes hinders their competitive opportunities. The lawsuit was filed against the Connecticut Association of Schools and the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which require that students be treated according to the gender with which they identify, in keeping with the state's anti-discrimination law and with local boards of education for Bloomfield, Cromwell, Glastonbury, Canton, and Danbury.

"Mentally and physically, we know the outcome before the race even starts," Smith told the Associated Press on Wednesday. "That biological unfairness doesn’t go away because of what someone believes about gender identity. All girls deserve the chance to compete on a level playing field." Smith is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Lee Smith.  Soule, Mitchell, and Smith are represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative faith-based organization. "Forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” ADF counsel Christiana Holcomb said. "Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women."

Last year, the group filed a complaint to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights on behalf of Soule and two other students whose names were not disclosed at the time, saying that transgender girls had repeatedly won competitive races and that Title IX policy violated federal protections for female athletes.  The plaintiffs have placed behind two transgender sprinters in more than a dozen statewide races since 2017, with Mitchell finishing third in a state track competition last year. "Our dream is not to come in second or third place but to win fair and square," Mitchell said. "All we’re asking for is a fair chance." 

The suit is being challenged by the American Civil Liberties Union, which says the measure is "a dangerous distortion of both law and science in the service of excluding trans youth from public life." Transgender female runner Cece Telfer has argued that the reverse is true, dismissing claims that her male anatomy provides her with an advantage against female-born runners and attributing a handicap to her performance incurred through her medical transition.

My comment:

Really. What do you think about this subject. How would you handle this problem, and do you think the runners are right, and why?

Scientists and I agree that "transsexuals" are not real women.  I want all pretense that they are real women to stop.

I am not sure you are correct on scientists agree with you. There have been many articles on this subject and they seem to say the people have no control on gay or straight and transsexuals fall in to the group so it would not be pretense, and if that is true should not they be treated with the group they idenitfy with.

He is not a scientist but an author. He is giving his views. He also said that everyone should be able to access opportunities offered. Well she is a girl and she is in a girls event so he just took the opposite view to keeping her out.  You should take a second viewing as he does not support what you say nor is he what you say.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 43

@Moscow45 wrote:

@TracyofCotuit wrote:
The parents who are fighting this are telling their daughters what? You aren't strong enough to run against these transgender girls? It seems to me that is not the message I'd want to send my daughter if I had one.
I wonder if it's the girls who find this unfair, or their parents?

They aren't Men/boys have a scientific and biological advantage over girls. It is called testosterone. A transgender girl/woman still has the advantage of testosterone in her body, similar to if someone was taking steroids.

It is simply, an unfair competitive advantage not fair to the girls who lose to the transgender girl.

Why do you say that they are all girls and their are all kind of differences between girls.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 43

@TracyofCotuit wrote:
The parents who are fighting this are telling their daughters what? You aren't strong enough to run against these transgender girls? It seems to me that is not the message I'd want to send my daughter if I had one.

They aren't Men/boys have a scientific and biological advantage over girls. It is called testosterone. A transgender girl/woman still has the advantage of testosterone in her body, similar to if someone was taking steroids.

It is simply, an unfair competitive advantage not fair to the girls who lose to the transgender girl.

“If you’re good at something, never do it for free.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 43

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

My comment:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 43

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

Let the girls find out the hard way because it will turn them into conservatives.

Incidentally, taking anabolic steroids didn't help her:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 43

@aruzinsky wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

My comment:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 43

You off your rocker?  Men are and always been faster runners than women.  Look at the facts.  No these trannies should not compete with the girls!  Have them compete with their peers of same sex.   A Man cant ever have childre .  Dont care how much makeup  and plastic surgery he has

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 43
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors