Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hey Trump Reindeers Normally Migrate - NO SNOW!

Message 11 of 11

Reindeer in Sweden usually migrate in November. But there's still no snow.

“I can't ask my father what to do now because he hasn’t seen this; it hasn’t happened during his lifetime.”

It may be December but almost 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle there’s still not enough snow for reindeer to begin their annual migration.

Sweden’s indigenous Sami people have herded the animals for generations, with the corral usually happening over a two-week period in November.

But this year the tradition has been postponed because temperatures keep fluctuating above and below the freezing mark.

“Something is really wrong with nature,” said Niila Inga, 37, who lives in Sweden’s northernmost town of Kiruna.

“I can't ask my father what to do now because he hasn’t seen this; it hasn’t happened during his lifetime.”

The past four years have been the warmest on record globally, according to the World Meteorological Organisation.

Sweden's tallest peak shrinks as extreme heat wave bakes Europe

'Ridiculously warm' weather resulted in 13 feet of a mountaintop glacier melting in July.

Sweden No Snow 1.pngSweden No Snow .png

Sources

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/reindeer-sweden-usually-migrate-november-there-s-still-no-snow-n9...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies