From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hey Trump Reindeers Normally Migrate - NO SNOW!

Message 1 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

Nope

You are doing the same thing Trump does on this issue...............

You are talking about - "Weather" - not the effects of Global Warming & the resulting Climate Changes

Snow amounts at US Ski Resorts since I've been alive has always been feast or famine - NH where I live has No Income Tax - No Sales Tax - No Major Manufacturing or Industry - we survive or not on Tourism - including Mountain - Skiing - Ocean Front Beaches & other outdoor Winter & Summer Weather dependent activities for 75% of our State Revenue

That's exactly where things like Snow Making came from - Ski Resorts providing other amenities like Shopping - Spas - Theater - Concerts - etc.

The Situation in Sweden is much different - theirs is a example of real Climate Change

===================================================

If you would read my post I stated....

Wrong! Our country accepts the fact that there has been global warming over the past years.

The reason I posted about the snow in MT is that there will always be parts of the world were are exception to the norm. You have a habit of looking for the worst ...why do you do that? Why?

I was talking about climate change and that our country accepts the fact that there has been global warming over the past years. Got that??

SEMANTICS - Word Play

1. Do you believe humans are responsible for Global Warming  & Climate Change?

2. Does Trump believe humans are responsible for Global Warming & Climate Change?

3. Does the GOP Leadership in Congress believe humans are responsible for Global Warming & Climate Change?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11
Mick posted..

Nope

You are talking about - "Weather" - not the effects of Global Warming & the resulting Climate Changes

Snow amounts at US Ski Resorts since I've been alive has always been feast or famine - NH where I live has No Income Tax - No Sales Tax - No Major Manufacturing or Industry - we survive or not on Tourism - including Mountain - Skiing - Ocean Front Beaches & other outdoor Winter & Summer Weather dependent activities for 75% of our State Revenue

That's exactly where things like Snow Making came from - Ski Resorts providing other amenities like Shopping - Spas - Theater - Concerts - etc.

The Situation in Sweden is much different - theirs is a example of real Climate Change

===================================================

If you would read my post I stated....

Wrong! Our country accepts the fact that there has been global warming over the past years.

The reason I posted about the snow in MT is that there will always be parts of the world were are exception to the norm. You have a habit of looking for the worst ...why do you do that? Why?

I was talking about climate change and that our country accepts the fact that there has been global warming over the past years. Got that??
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of Mick's post..

I dont know - I think continuing to be the only Country on the Planet who wont accept - Global Warming or agree to try to do something about it - is just going to encourage more of these hair brain schemes like Herding Reindeer from Sweden to Montana every winter & dont forget that would require them swimming back to Sweden in the spring

============================================================

Nope

I've lived in Colorado through fifty-seven winters...

I've lived in towns where the daytime high for 41 consecutive days has been minus one degree farenheit one year and minus one farenheit the next year for 29 days...

I've seen years when snow covered the grass from the first week of October through the first week of May - and years in the very same town when there was so little snow that one could see the grass on new years day, and again by the first week in march...

Over the last 30 years, opening dates for ski areas have been getting later and total snow amounts have been getting less total snow depth and water content for the year as an average...

Sure there will always be an exception now and then - but the long term trend cannot be disproved by exceptions cited by trump supporters.

What is the total water storage depth in the lower Colorado River Reservoirs?

Really low and getting lower - isn't it?

Miami is not the only US city failing to be able to successfully deal with sea level rise....

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Part of Mick's post..

I dont know - I think continuing to be the only Country on the Planet who wont accept - Global Warming or agree to try to do something about it - is just going to encourage more of these hair brain schemes like Herding Reindeer from Sweden to Montana every winter & dont forget that would require them swimming back to Sweden in the spring

Nope

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

Climate change brings with it extreme weather changes as well. Last year the US suffered 16 storms each costing over $1Billion in damages with weather related damage for the year topping $306Billion.

Like the hapless reindeer, ski bums are being affected as well with the US ski industry bracing for the shrinking snowpack to cost them billions in snow making and currying equipment to replace the powder than will vanish with warmer temperatures.

So tell me again GOPers how it's too expensive to fight climate change.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11
Tom5678 posted..

‎12-05-2018 01:56 PM
the ski resorts in my area are suffering too. We have had very little snow this fall. And with a milder and drier than normal winter predicted, it is not looking good for winter enthusiasts in my neck of the woods. This would be due to climate change of course. I am very worried about our water outlook for next summer here too, esp. with fire season for us which starts about June or July. I may have to get a mask for the summer.

===========================================================

" This would be due to climate change of course."

Really?
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11
Part of Mick's post..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Montana Ski and Snow Reports
Currently 3 out of 11 ski resorts reporting ( 27%) are open for skiing and snowboarding. 36 ski resorts will be reopening. State wide 27% of lifts are open. 26% of trails in Montana are open. Bridger Bowl has the most number of trails open at 100%. Red Lodge Mountain Resort has 71% of trails open, and Big Sky Resort has 40% open.

Note! The following resorts plan to reopen soon: Discovery Basin, Great Divide Snowsports, Montana Snowbowl, and Lost Trail Powder Mountain. Check below for details.
Free Nights & Big Discounts on Premier Whitefish Lodging & Ski Packages
Complete packages, exclusive specials, & expert knowledge to ski Whitefish. Book with the experts!
Whitefish Mtn Resort lodge-15%off code=CENTRAL
Stay at cozy Kandahar Lodge and ski home from Whitefish Mountain Resort. Voted Best in the West for overall satisfaction by SKI Magazine readers. Incredible views of Glacier National Park, annual snow 300 inches, mostly powder/packed powder skiing.
Filter: Sort by:

Whitefish Resort
2353 ft vertical, 14 lifts, 98 trails, 3000 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 09:41
Base-Depth Runs-Open Percent-Open
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Thursday December 6 (in 1 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 7, 2017 to Apr 12, 2018
(126 days)
see full report
Big Sky Resort
4350 ft vertical, 22 lifts, 300 trails, 5800 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:16
26-39" 120 40%
Primary Surface Conditions: Packed Powder
New Snow: 3 day total: 3"
7 day total: 11"
Season Total: 0"
Season Dates: Opened Nov 22, 2018
see full report
Bridger Bowl
2700 ft vertical, 7 lifts, 71 trails, 2000 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:26
36" 75 100%
New Snow: 7 day total: 6"
Season Total: 84"
Season Dates: Opened Nov 23, 2018
see full report
Red Lodge
2400 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 65 trails
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:25
27-32" 50 71%
Primary Surface Conditions: Variable Conditions
New Snow: -
Season Total: 69"
see full report
Plan to Reopen on on Thursday December 6 (tomorrow)
Lost Trail
1800 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 50 trails, 1800 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 09:39
15-17" - -
Season Dates: Opened Nov 29, 2018
see full report

Blacktail Mountain
1440 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 24 trails
Last updated 2018-12-03 10:35
- - -
Opening soon for snowsports
Last Season Dates: Dec 23, 2017 to Apr 21, 2018
(119 days)
see full report
Maverick Mountain
2020 ft vertical, 2 lifts, 24 trails, 255 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-03 10:25
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Saturday December 15 (in 10 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 10, 2017 to May 4, 2018
(145 days)
see full report
Plan to Reopen on on Friday December 7 (in 2 days)
Montana Snowbowl
2600 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 39 trails, 950 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-03 13:46
- - -
Last Season Dates: Dec 15, 2017 to Apr 15, 2018
(121 days)
see full report
Great Divide
1500 ft vertical, 6 lifts, 140 trails
Last updated 2018-12-02 15:16
15-18" - -
Season Total: 37"
Season Dates: Opened Nov 10, 2018
see full report
Plan to Reopen on on Saturday December 8 (in 3 days)
Discovery Basin
2388 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 67 trails, 2200 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-02 14:13
12-30" - -
Season Total: 57"
see full report
Showdown
1400 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 36 trails, 640 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-02 08:14
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Friday December 14 (in 9 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 8, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018
(113 days)
see full report

This is a Lovely Advertisement for Ski Resorts in Montana & The Rockies - But - I think it's also again the TOS

BTW - I live in NH - We have Ski Resorts too & they are closer to Sweden but I'm still confused

Regardless - are you advocating that the Sami Indians in Sweden - Herd - their Reindeer to from Sweden to Montana

I checked the Mileage - the most direct & shortest route is over 5000 Miles of open Ocean - the Atlantic Ocean!

I'm not even sure if Reindeer can Swim - never mind 5000 miles

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Montana Ski and Snow Reports
Currently 3 out of 11 ski resorts reporting ( 27%) are open for skiing and snowboarding. 36 ski resorts will be reopening. State wide 27% of lifts are open. 26% of trails in Montana are open. Bridger Bowl has the most number of trails open at 100%. Red Lodge Mountain Resort has 71% of trails open, and Big Sky Resort has 40% open.

Note! The following resorts plan to reopen soon: Discovery Basin, Great Divide Snowsports, Montana Snowbowl, and Lost Trail Powder Mountain. Check below for details.
Free Nights & Big Discounts on Premier Whitefish Lodging & Ski Packages
Complete packages, exclusive specials, & expert knowledge to ski Whitefish. Book with the experts!
Whitefish Mtn Resort lodge-15%off code=CENTRAL
Stay at cozy Kandahar Lodge and ski home from Whitefish Mountain Resort. Voted Best in the West for overall satisfaction by SKI Magazine readers. Incredible views of Glacier National Park, annual snow 300 inches, mostly powder/packed powder skiing.
Filter: Sort by:

Whitefish Resort
2353 ft vertical, 14 lifts, 98 trails, 3000 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 09:41
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Thursday December 6 (in 1 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 7, 2017 to Apr 12, 2018
(126 days)
see full report
Big Sky Resort
4350 ft vertical, 22 lifts, 300 trails, 5800 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:16
26-39" 120 40%
New Snow: 3 day total: 3"
7 day total: 11"
Season Dates: Opened Nov 22, 2018
see full report
Bridger Bowl
2700 ft vertical, 7 lifts, 71 trails, 2000 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:26
36" 75 100%
New Snow: 7 day total: 6"
Season Total: 84"
see full report
Red Lodge
2400 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 65 trails
Last updated 2018-12-05 06:25
27-32" 50 71%
Primary Surface Conditions: Variable Conditions
New Snow: -
Season Total: 69"
see full report
Plan to Reopen on on Thursday December 6 (tomorrow)
Lost Trail
1800 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 50 trails, 1800 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-05 09:39
15-17" - -
Season Dates: Opened Nov 29, 2018
see full report

Blacktail Mountain
1440 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 24 trails
Last updated 2018-12-03 10:35
- - -
Opening soon for snowsports
Last Season Dates: Dec 23, 2017 to Apr 21, 2018
(119 days)
see full report
Maverick Mountain
2020 ft vertical, 2 lifts, 24 trails, 255 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-03 10:25
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Saturday December 15 (in 10 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 10, 2017 to May 4, 2018
(145 days)
see full report
Montana Snowbowl
2600 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 39 trails, 950 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-03 13:46
- - -
Last Season Dates: Dec 15, 2017 to Apr 15, 2018
(121 days)
see full report
Great Divide
1500 ft vertical, 6 lifts, 140 trails
Last updated 2018-12-02 15:16
15-18" - -
Season Total: 37"
see full report
Plan to Reopen on on Saturday December 8 (in 3 days)
Discovery Basin
2388 ft vertical, 8 lifts, 67 trails, 2200 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-02 14:13
12-30" - -
Season Total: 57"
see full report
Showdown
1400 ft vertical, 4 lifts, 36 trails, 640 skiable acres
Last updated 2018-12-02 08:14
- - -
Plan To Open: Plan to open on Friday December 14 (in 9 days)
Last Season Dates: Dec 8, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018
(113 days)
see full report
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11
the ski resorts in my area are suffering too. We have had very little snow this fall. And with a milder and drier than normal winter predicted, it is not looking good for winter enthusiasts in my neck of the woods. This would be due to climate change of course. I am very worried about our water outlook for next summer here too, esp. with fire season for us which starts about June or July. I may have to get a mask for the summer.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors