Trusted Contributor

Heroic STUPIDITY, with misinformed cheerleaders.

I watched with dismay as the content of the US navy ship named USS Theodore Roosevelt, applauded praised jeers and cheers, as the captain alighted.  

LITTLE DID THE MISLED SHEEP KNEW WHAT THE RELIEVED SHEPHERD TOOK THEM THROUGH AND WHAT A RELIEF IT SHOULD AMOUNT TO, FOR HIM TO HAVE BEEN DIVESTED OF THE LEADERSHIP OF THE VESSEL.

In the midst of an outbreak of a pandemic. The thoughtless captain went near the heart of the plague that has now taken over the entire globe. HE PICKED A FORSAKEN FRUIT, RATHER A STRAYED SICK SHEEP. Brought it aboard his ship and INFESTED the sheep entrusted in his care  with the pestilence. I guess and want to believe that Vietnam was years far away from Whahum, in China.  

For Commander Brett Crozier who had 155 crewmembers infested with covid-19. To be considered a near hero beats my sense of reasoning. If only they knew how much and far the RECKLESS THOUGHTLESS and UNWORTHY commander took their lives for granted and endangered their existence. The sheep would probably have JEERED CURSED and PELTED the FAILED captain.

To crown the DERELICTION and INCOMPETENCE of commander Crozier. He added salt to injury and wrote a five page letter to the entire world, instead of his superior, or supervisor. He failed to take advantage of the proper channel of chain of commands. Rather, took UNDUE UNNECESSARY advantage of a purported pervasive heroism, which has now caused him his job and perhaps a court martial.     

THE PANDEMIC MIGHT HAVE BEEN MEANT FOR THE LIKES OF COMMANDER Crozier. WHO TAKES BOTH LIFE AND DUTY FOR GRANTED AND GOT SCOURGED.

When two recalcitrant dummy sides applauds each other, i should understand. I can understand.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is what happens when you elect a gutless and psychopathic draft dodger as Coward in Chief - he fires anyone who challenges his moronic orders, so Navy Brass were to C-S to deal with the disaster the Captain took to them for a resolution, same as the brass knew donny would do, and what they had to do to keep their jobs.

Press finds out, so just like he WANTED TO DO to the Whistleblower who exposed his high crimes, tRump orders the Captain - who opposed the "ignore it and Covid19 will magically disappear in April" NONSENSE and acted to protect the men in his command - to be releived.

What would tRump have done if those 115 (including the Captain) confirmed cases of Covid19 had infected the rest of the 2,700 sailors on board the Roosevelt? Last time I checked, "social distancing" is NOT and option on a warship, and I doubt they had more than a dozen ventilators, so the Big Stick would've become a floating coffin.

All you tadpoles with sons and daughters in the Navy - are their lives less important than Cadet Bonespur's undeserved EGO?

And all you Republican Conspiracy Theorists that THINK the Captain just decided to pull into a port in Vietnam, you really need to speak to someone who actually served in something other than your local freelance militia. The Captain of the ship, especially a Nuclear powered aircraft carrier,  does NOT decide which foriegn ports he will stop by and visit.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

This is what happens when you elect a gutless and psychopathic draft dodger as Coward in Chief - he fires anyone who challenges his moronic orders, so Navy Brass were to C-S to deal with the disaster the Captain took to them for a resolution, same as the brass knew donny would do, and what they had to do to keep their jobs.

Press finds out, so just like he WANTED TO DO to the Whistleblower who exposed his high crimes, tRump orders the Captain - who opposed the "ignore it and Covid19 will magically disappear in April" NONSENSE and acted to protect the men in his command - to be releived.

What would tRump have done if those 115 (including the Captain) confirmed cases of Covid19 had infected the rest of the 2,700 sailors on board the Roosevelt? Last time I checked, "social distancing" is NOT and option on a warship, and I doubt they had more than a dozen ventilators, so the Big Stick would've become a floating coffin.

All you tadpoles with sons and daughters in the Navy - are their lives less important than Cadet Bonespur's undeserved EGO?

And all you Republican Conspiracy Theorists that THINK the Captain just decided to pull into a port in Vietnam, you really need to speak to someone who actually served in something other than your local freelance militia. The Captain of the ship, especially a Nuclear powered aircraft carrier,  does NOT decide which foriegn ports he will stop by and visit.

Thank you Scout for ALL of those truths

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/04/if-captain-crozier-had-committed-war?fbclid=IwAR3yUMA8jjvIlLPOxt8... 

An administration that spits on ethics. 

"You can't help but notice the treatment of Captain Brett Crozier as compared to that of a certain murderous war criminal who shall remain nameless, turned in by his own men and then honored by the White House."

Honored Social Butterfly

April 4, 2020 / 3:35 PM / CBS/AP

Coronavirus infects more crew on USS Theodore Roosevelt after captain fired for sounding alarm

The number of crewmembers on a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier who have tested positive for the coronavirus has risen to 155, the Navy said on Saturday. The new numbers, which mark a 13% increase in 24 hours, were announced two days after the USS Theodore Roosevelt's captain was fired.

The Navy said 44% of the carrier's 4,800 sailors had been tested for COVID-19 and 1,548 sailors from the crew have moved ashore. No sailors have been hospitalized.

The ship's commander, Captian Brett Crozier, was fired on Thursday after writing a scathing letter, imploring the Navy to take stronger action to halt the spread of the virus aboard the ship.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-more-crew-uss-theodore-roosevelt-test-positive-after-captai...

Captain Crozier is a hero.  He sacrificed himself for his crew to finally receive the medical attention they needed.

Imagine that.

Honored Social Butterfly

All should read the post that starts this thread. It makes no sense. The ship went were it was ordered to go by the higher ups in the Navy. The Capt. was cheered as he left the ship since his crew both Officers, and Seamen new he acted to save them, and was being punished for that. When he was first relieved I  said to people I hope he has  20 years in so he can retire as they were out to get him for trying to save his crew and expose what has happened to our once proud US Navy. There is now blow back from the decent people in DC and lets all hope the people who did this are fired starting at the top with Trump. The person who fired the Capt. is an acting Sec. of the Navy appointed by Trump. He has never been confirmed by the Senate (Lets hope he never is). This should show all how much control Trump has over the armed forces. His Sec. of Defense is a Trump lackey and will do what ever Trump wants. We now see the same is true of this Sec. of Navy as Mob law now seems to be the rule in the Armed Services. If we were looking to the Armed forces to help if Trump makes a try to become full Dictator it looks like that is a false hope. Just this week he trotted out all the top people (Uniformed, and ununiformed) to stand as a back drop while the dear leader told his subjects how great he was doing. It looked like something in NK. Now we can see how the followers are reacting to all of this. It makes no sense, and if you watched TV this evening there was a story on telling how the Trump Fox type enablers were going all out to the followers that Trump is the still the dear leader, great one. They left out Dictator. Now all can see how that plays down the line.

Honored Social Butterfly

john258:   All should read the post that starts this thread. It makes no sense. 

I agree completely. Incoherent comes to mind. It would be time well spent for some to look for better sources of information.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png