Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here we go AGAIN...ANOTHER shooting in America

Message 1 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

The question was for Soosie - Sarge @mandm84.....................I answered your question.  I have also been reminded many times that when something is posted, it is open to anyone to answer or make a comment.  the rules changed.........again????????????

And if there were a 'fairness doctrine' here, posters would always have to tell the truth. Anyone here back in 2008 or 2009 (especially any time before the format change) saw hateful things posted about Obama and his family. If they didn't they must have skipped over all right wing postings about Obama.

As I said earlier, there were quite a few vile pictures posted. Not by the Right but by the Left looking to blame the right.

Agian...this is not about the topic....the topic of gun violence snowballing in this country. Did you want this topic closed by the monitor's?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 46

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

The question was for Soosie - Sarge @mandm84.....................I answered your question.  I have also been reminded many times that when something is posted, it is open to anyone to answer or make a comment.  the rules changed.........again????????????

And if there were a 'fairness doctrine' here, posters would always have to tell the truth. Anyone here back in 2008 or 2009 (especially any time before the format change) saw hateful things posted about Obama and his family. If they didn't they must have skipped over all right wing postings about Obama.

As I said earlier, there were quite a few vile pictures posted. Not by the Right but by the Left looking to blame the right.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 46

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Were you around long enough to read the Hatred towards Obama and the Democrats as well Soosie ?

The main "hatred towards Obama' was racist, hateful pictures of signs posted by lefties claiming that they were from Tea Party rallys(sic).

Yep, they were pictures of signs carried by the Tea Party people at their rallies.

Posted here with their sources claimed but not proven.

Do you not remember hateful terms and words posted here by the right in reference to Obama when he was President? They were plentiful, especially back before the format change.

No, but there are plenty of claims about it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 46

@Frozenoem wrote:

Over the last 30 years, 80% of guns used in mass killings have been legally obtained, according to NBC, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna474441

Unfortunately there are loads of private owner to private owner, sales and trades around here STILL. No background checks, no recorded serials, etc.

Have agitated more than a few people around here (New England) when they get first I’m running a serial check for your model. If the cops say it’s legal and you tell me who you got it from, I’ll swap for services. 

* ps I do recall earlier posters on AARP during first Obama term stating that he couldn’t survive his first term as a black in the White House. Pretty much the same bs as up here in the land of vanilla ice creams.

Froze

@Frozenoem wrote:

Over the last 30 years, 80% of guns used in mass killings have been legally obtained, according to NBC, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna474441

Unfortunately there are loads of private owner to private owner, sales and trades around here STILL. No background checks, no recorded serials, etc.

Have agitated more than a few people around here (New England) when they get first I’m running a serial check for your model. If the cops say it’s legal and you tell me who you got it from, I’ll swap for services. 

* ps I do recall earlier posters on AARP during first Obama term stating that he couldn’t survive his first term as a black in the White House. Pretty much the same bs as up here in the land of vanilla ice creams.

Froze

What do you think racism adds to the discussion? As to Obama - he was heralded as "the first Black President" so using the term is not racist nor offensive. But "vanilla ice creams"??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 46

nothing-annoys-me-more-than-when-someone-expects-you-to-5171582.pngdo to others as you.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 46

@L42010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Ignobles attempt distraction - again.

Don't want to discuss the gun with extended magazine that can shoot more bullets without reloading.   

How about the guy who is now shadowing people that visit a Planned Parenthood establishment, taking pictures of car licenses so that he can "educate them at their homes" -    https://www.boredpanda.com/man-photographs-license-plates-planned-parenthood-jordan-hart-arizona/?ut...

Distraction only makes some look exceedling weak - they seem to believe that no one knows the history of this misguided hateful behavior and ideology.    OOPS, we do.  

What ideology are you trying to link this killer with???

@rk9152Without getting into putting everyone into certain labels, why does this problem keep showing up?  Years ago they did not have this situation occurring at the speed or level. Do you think we just have more "crazy killers" running around in society?  So, what is the answer to that? I am trying to open dialog into how is this terrible tradegy's going to be handled, other than adding more guns into society? We as a nation must come together in this crisis.

It is hard to avoid labels when this is posted - "the history of this misguided hateful behavior and ideology.    OOPS, we do."

I believe we do have a societal problem. People are just so used to getting their own way and the "entitlement" mindset is too prevelent.

Trying to address the shootings by themselves is a lost cause.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 46

Well, from many of the posts I've read, I see that Putin and the Russian bots are getting exactly what they want...DIVISION among the people to finally conquer in whatever their mission is!

This whole topic was generated out of someone's deep hatred that caused a terrible event. Can't WE do better and BE better?

Come up with ideas and ways to help put a path to ending this terrible situation from happen again? The 2nd Amendment is a honor and a right of our Country's ideals and there should be ways we can preserve and protect that right while agreeing that something needs to be done to stop this tragedy from continuing. The people on this specific site are what we call the "elders" in society. Elders who have had life experience and has gained wisdom from past lessons. Usually know how to do constructive criticism to help resolve disputes. This generation is key in knowing what tactics have been used in the past to DE-ESCALATE. WE shouldn't be making this about "parties" or "presidents" this is beyond/bigger than that!

No wonder the younger generations are learning this behavior of revenge...hatred...divide (these are all learned behaviors)  at all costs!  So, from what I see/hear/read there is no HOPE for US in this democracy, no?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Frozenoem posted...

If you want change I sure do, ballot box perhaps.Before T boy and the GOP allow open carry across state borders, unless he already has.

================================================================

I do not think that having ones political party is the answer to our gun violence and more laws will help ...but in almost all, if not all the mass shooters guns were legal.

Open Carry States 2019. In the United States, carrying a firearm is legal. However, how it is carried is dictated by the laws of the state. In some states, concealed carry is legal, which means that the gun can be carried on a licensed person but must not be visible to other people.

"the gun can be carried on a licensed person" The key is a licensed person...only a licensed person...which means that should eliminate the so called nuts.

Kentucky is a Red state with a Republican Governor. We have a concealed carry in effect for years and you had to take a gun class and pass it to carry a firearm, you were registered. The Republican governor and the Republican lawmakers in Kentucky (my state) just passed a law allowing open carry and no one has to take a gun use and safety class and does not have to register. So you see, often time it is a Party or partisan issue. The Democrats were against this new law allowing people to open carry a gun without classes of instruction and safety without being registered. Care to try and explain how this has nothing to do with political Party? Silence would only lead me to believe that you agree.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie's post...

Were you around long enough to read the Hatred towards Obama and the Democrats as well Soosie ? @mandm84...................Apparently not. I don't remember anyone praying for him to die or getting rid of all Democrats. How do you think this country can ever heal if the hate gets to the point of wishing anyone dead? Your answer is like "someone else did it, so I will too." There has to be more adult behavior. My own opinion of Obama, and I have expressed it, is that he was not an effective President and leader. That is an opinion and not a threat. Big difference. Some of what is posted on here lately could be determined to be a threat. I am pointing out that when people (even if they are seniors) display this kind of behavior, maybe they should be taken seriously and perhaps reported. I, for one don't like seeing displays of threatening words by posters who are hidden in a group like this. I would think maybe the guidelines need to state that a threat of any kind should not be posted here.

========================================================

Thanks for that..it's spot on...

This is an example of what is posted on this board....talk about hate!!!

alferpacker posts this many times...

"He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894" ..... Me thinks he was talking about Trump.

"Me thinks" that you should fully realize that is a quote from Mark Twain.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 46

@Soosie wrote:

The question was for Soosie - Sarge @mandm84.....................I answered your question.  I have also been reminded many times that when something is posted, it is open to anyone to answer or make a comment.  Have the rules changed.........again????????????

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs