Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
293
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

293 Views
Message 1 of 9

@umbarch64wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

 

 Why.........whatever do you mean, "outed myself"?  Wanna 'splain that so folks out there get a better understanding of what it was you were really trying to say.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I am saying; "You are the RESISTANCE" .

 

 Well, alrighty then..........!  I thought I told you what the "Resistance" meant to me.  I still don't know what it is you think that means to you.  I think I know, but I suspect there are folks other than me out there that would really like to know what it is you're talking about.  Just giving you an opportunity to show you are really not what you appear to be from what you say.  Wanna take it?


Good posting, doubt if the opportunity is used.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
293
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
301
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

301 Views
Message 2 of 9

@jimc91wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

 

 Why.........whatever do you mean, "outed myself"?  Wanna 'splain that so folks out there get a better understanding of what it was you were really trying to say.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I am saying; "You are the RESISTANCE" .

 

 Well, alrighty then..........!  I thought I told you what the "Resistance" meant to me.  I still don't know what it is you think that means to you.  I think I know, but I suspect there are folks other than me out there that would really like to know what it is you're talking about.  Just giving you an opportunity to show you are really not what you appear to be from what you say.  Wanna take it?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
301
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
314
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

314 Views
Message 3 of 9

@umbarch64 wrote:

 

 Why.........whatever do you mean, "outed myself"?  Wanna 'splain that so folks out there get a better understanding of what it was you were really trying to say.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I am saying; "You are the RESISTANCE" .

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
314
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
317
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

317 Views
Message 4 of 9

This from the original article:

 

When Bream asked about the recent request for appointment of a second special counsel from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), here’s what Sessions said:

 

“Well, I have great respect for Mr. Gowdy and Chairman Goodlatte, and we are going to consider seriously their recommendations. I have appointed a person outside of Washington, many years in the Department of Justice [DOJ], to look at all the allegations that the House Judiciary Committee members sent to us; and we’re conducting that investigation” (emphasis added).

 

"Also, I am well aware we have a responsibility to ensure the integrity of the FISA process. We're not afraid to look at that. The inspector general — some think that our inspector general is not very strong; but he has almost 500 [employees], most of which are lawyers and prosecutors; and they are looking at the FISA process. We must make sure that it's done properly, and we're going to do that. And I'll consider their request.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Justice is on the way...

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
317
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
318
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

318 Views
Message 5 of 9

@jimc91wrote:

@umbarch64 you just outed yourself...  You are the RESISTANCE.

 

There are some democrats ( and some Republicans) that simply can not accept the fact that Trump won the election therefore the RESISTANCE was born.

 

Do keep us posted how that message is playing with the American voting citizens during the upcoming elections.

 

 Why.........whatever do you mean, "outed myself"?  Wanna 'splain that so folks out there get a better understanding of what it was you were really trying to say...or maybe you just want to let it stand 'as is'.....that has consequences, you know?  

 

I think I've got a pretty idea where you're coming from.  The intent behind your posts are pretty clear to me.  You see, when you say stuff like "RESISTANCE", that brings up the image in my mind of WWII and Marshall Tito and the French people sheltering downed American Fliers so they could get back home and do it again. 

 

Stuff like that. That was the "RESISTANCE".

 

That happened way, way back when, you know?  It happened then for much the same reason as it seems to be happening now.  I think I know why you take issue with me in the manner you just did.  I really could not care less.  

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
318
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
327
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

327 Views
Message 6 of 9

@jimc91wrote:

by Mark Tapscott | Updated 09 Mar 2018 at 1:55 PM

 

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/heres-why-jeff-sessions-may-be-washingtons-slyest-fox/

 

 

Again folks, @jimc91 still can't find any media outlets other than the fringe outlets such as LIFEZETTE, run by Laura "HEIL HITLER" Ingraham, as his resources.

 

Doesn't that tell you something right there.

 

If only fringe outlets are printing a "story"; then that is what you are getting..... A STORY.

 

Lifezette= FAKE NEWS

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
327
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
331
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

331 Views
Message 7 of 9

@umbarch64 you just outed yourself...  You are the RESISTANCE.

 

There are some democrats ( and some Republicans) that simply can not accept the fact that Trump won the election therefore the RESISTANCE was born.

 

Do keep us posted how that message is playing with the American voting citizens during the upcoming elections.

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
331
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
351
Views

Re: Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

351 Views
Message 8 of 9

@jimc91wrote

 

There is a new Sheriff in town, thank GOD!

 

Relax folks, justice is on the way to re-establish Law & Order for all of our elected officials and all of the people they appointed to positions of power.  Everyone thought Hillary was going to win the 2016 election and so they were not worried...  All of this "lawless behavior" would have been swept under the rug and never seen the light of day.  But the is HOPE!

 

Yes, justice is on the way, and I'm not referring to Mr. Mueller.  The second Special Council is right around the corner and it will be very revealing.

 

 


BS.  Jeff Sessions is a political creature that serves entirely at the pleasure of the con-man who appointed him.  To expect Sessions to behave professionally when the hammer of disbarment for misconduct is not rational.  That you would see it otherwise should not surprise anyone.  This is a dog and pony show!  Nothing you claim can make it otherwise.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
351
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
372
Views
8
Replies

Here’s Why Jeff Sessions May Be Washington’s Slyest Fox

372 Views
Message 9 of 9
All this time, people have thought the attorney general's recusal put him on the sidelines of the Trump-Russia collusion investigation

 

by Mark Tapscott | Updated 09 Mar 2018 at 1:55 PM

 

President Donald Trump reportedly called him “Mr. Magoo” in a recent private conversation — but a little-noticed comment by the embattled attorney general provides strong evidence Jeff Sessions just may be Washington’s slyest fox.

 

The comment came in an interview with Fox News’ Shannon Bream the same day Sessions announced the Department of Justice is suing the state of California for unconstitutionally interfering with federal immigration law enforcement officials.

 

When Bream asked about the recent request for appointment of a second special counsel from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), here’s what Sessions said:

 

“Well, I have great respect for Mr. Gowdy and Chairman Goodlatte, and we are going to consider seriously their recommendations. I have appointed a person outside of Washington, many years in the Department of Justice [DOJ], to look at all the allegations that the House Judiciary Committee members sent to us; and we’re conducting that investigation” (emphasis added).

 

"Also, I am well aware we have a responsibility to ensure the integrity of the FISA process. We're not afraid to look at that. The inspector general — some think that our inspector general is not very strong; but he has almost 500 [employees], most of which are lawyers and prosecutors; and they are looking at the FISA process. We must make sure that it's done properly, and we're going to do that. And I'll consider their request.”

 

Note that Sessions appointed "a person outside of Washington," an individual with "many years in the Department of Justice," but he doesn't say when he did so. Sundance, a blogger on The Last Refuge, explains why this is immensely important:

 

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions is noting the existence of an outside prosecutor who has been in place for quite a while ... All the evidence of this was/is clear if you follow the granular details closely," Sundance wrote.

 

The next question is this: When did Jeff Sessions appoint this mystery prosecutor?

The Last Refuge blog describes itself as "a ragtag bunch of conservative misfits," but no response was offered when LifeZette requested additional "about us" details. Even so, the analysis offered by Sundance is compelling, including these six reasons Sessions appears to have been ahead of the game from almost the earliest days of the Trump administration:

 

1.) Department of Justice Inspector General (IG) Michael Horowitz "has an obligation to notify his superiors when he/she discovers illegal activity, or conduct that is likely unlawful, while conducting an internal investigation," according to Sundance. This is why Horowitz told Mueller last summer about the potentially illegal conduct of FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI attorney Lisa Page.

 

2.) Key DOJ and FBI employees must be cooperating with the IG. "That cooperation, in combination with a likelihood of unlawful conduct, would require a DOJ official (prosecutor) to be assigned to negotiate and outline the DOJ legal terms of investigative compliance," Sundance observes.

 

3.) Strzok, Page, former DOJ Deputy Associate Attorney General (AAG) Bruce Ohr, his wife Nellie, and the FBI's Bill Priestap must be among those cooperating with the IG because they are quoted in that four-page summary memo produced by Republican staff working for House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). "Those quotes come from investigative interviews; no congressional committee has interviewed those persons," Sundance writes.

 

4.) Trump runs the executive branch as president, but he's also potentially a victim of crimes being investigated by the Sessions-appointed prosecutor. "That's why [Trump] doesn't know and Sessions must keep distance from any discussion with the executive due to this separation," according to Sundance.

 

5.) Like Trump, Congress also doesn't know about the Sessions prosecutor's investigation because "the prosecutor works parallel with, but separate from, the IG investigation. Congress would know of the IG, but not the prosecutor."

 

6.) Finally, Sundance contends that "the most transparent reason why we know there's a DOJ prosecutor already on the case is because Jeff Sessions just said there was" during his interview with Bream.

 

The next question, then, is: When did Sessions appoint this mystery prosecutor?

 

Sundance explains: "Likely since the time when IG Horowitz informed the AG and AAG that he may have discovered significant evidence of unlawful conduct within the DOJ and FBI. That would be around July/August 2017."

 

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/heres-why-jeff-sessions-may-be-washingtons-slyest-fox/

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

There is a new Sheriff in town, thank GOD!

 

Relax folks, justice is on the way to re-establish Law & Order for all of our elected officials and all of the people they appointed to positions of power.  Everyone thought Hillary was going to win the 2016 election and so they were not worried...  All of this "lawless behavior" would have been swept under the rug and never seen the light of day.  But the is HOPE!

 

Yes, justice is on the way, and I'm not referring to Mr. Mueller.  The second Special Council is right around the corner and it will be very revealing.

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
372
Views
8
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors