Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here's A Scary Thought

Message 11 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

The Republicans lost in these elections more seats  since Watergate. 

Where did you hear that?

Make a good use of your calculator, and see that between the House, the Governors and the Local State politicians they were more Democrats elected at the state and Federal level than Republicans.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23

The Republicans lost in these elections more seats  since Watergate. 

Where did you hear that?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23

I am so sorry that you won't have Pelosi to scare people for too much longer. It is time for her to retire from that position. and I do believe that she understand that. 
The Democratic Party does need new leadership. and they will not make the mistake in not understanding that.

Finally,  one party rule is dead and that will continue to be. check and balances are needed in any Democracy if we are going to have one.

and Soosie, consider something. and come up with the proper cartoon.

The Republicans lost in these elections more seats  since Watergate. just simply  think about that.  and admit the defeat. for this President. because these elections were about him

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

@Soosie wrote:
My only worry with Pelosi is sometimes she doesn't seem to have a good grip on reality. True, she is very experienced, but she is just "off the wall" with some of her statements.

You mean 'off the wall' as in "We have to read it to see what's in it"?  That woman is so wacko.  She always looks so bug-eyed and shakey. She's right up there with Mad Maxine Waters.

We'll see if the newbies keep their promise to not vote Pelosi in for Speaker if they got elected.  She's a drag on the party and never worked with the other side last time she tried Speaker.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23

There have been grumblings about her from the Dems - I guess they watch Fox.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23

@Soosie wrote:
My only worry with Pelosi is sometimes she doesn't seem to have a good grip on reality. True, she is very experienced, but she is just "off the wall" with some of her statements.

At least Pelosi has a good grip on reality some of the time according to your comment. That is much better than Trump who never seems to have a grip on reality.

Yes, some of her statements are off the wall, as are statements from most people. Right now we have a President who has nothing but off the wall statements.

I guess if Pelosi had a looser grip on reality and made more off the wall statements she would make a good Republican President.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

Soosie:   My only worry with Pelosi is sometimes she doesn't seem to have a good grip on reality. True, she is very experienced, but she is just "off the wall" with some of her statements. 

I disagree. If you only hear what she said after it's been through a conservative media filter, then yeah, she might sound off the wall. But taken in context, she's one of the sharpest politicians in DC and very good at her job. That's why Republicans have demonized her.............she scares them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

I think the light finally clicked on and he realized he has to work with her for the next two years or get nothing done.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 38m38 minutes ago

In all fairness, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be chosen Speaker of the House by the Democrats. If they give her a hard time, perhaps we will add some Republican votes. She has earned this great honor!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

@Panjandrum wrote:

nctarheel:  I guess she was VERY SCARY for her REPUBLICAN OPPONENT.

It's no secret that competent women scare Republicans.

@Panjandrum,

The REPUBLICANS even tried to run a woman against Pelosi and still only 14.5%.

Sad....

Even a DEAD and BURIED owner of a BROTHEL in Nevada did better in the election than PELOSI'S OPPONENT!!!!!

OOOOPS......... I am repeating myself......... OH! WAIT!!!! It seems that the SAME SCARY THEME concerning Pelosi was also REPEATED in two threads by another poster.

So sad.............

Kudos
Views