Here's A Mass Murder That Should Not Be Forgotten

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here's A Mass Murder That Should Not Be Forgotten

Message 21 of 33

@Soosie wrote:

This what I glean from the responses here.  Because this mass murder was carried out by Saudi citizens, we should just forget about it. Those lives don't matter that much to some because this was posted by someone they dislike.  By the way, it would scare the bejeebers out of me if I fit into this group.  Because it was Saudi citizens we should just look the other way when illegals come into our country because they love this country the way we always have.  Because this mass murder was carried out by Saud citizens, it is OK to infringe on the people who come to this country legally and by pass all laws to allow all illegals  through our borders. You seem to think the United States has an unlimited budget, yet you are whinning about a tax refund.   Because this mass murder was carried out by Saudi citizens we can be 100% sure no Saudi citizen or any other than hates the United States will be in the middle of any of those caravans. Some of you act as if you know them on a personal basis.  How could you?  You only know what you find on the internet or the biased news.  Some of you have pointed  out these people are gentle, law abiding people that you some way know none of them present any danger.  You want to protect their children while praising those who march to kill our own.  How many more double standards can there be? Now, I suppose the Trump. Trump in some brains will kick in, so please get your daily supply.

I have trouble understanding the rationale of some who post here.  All some do is sniff, sniff about the past while the future of this country is at stake.  Some here would rather see civil war.  I think some think the protection of the room where their laptop sits is protection against any and everything.  

Did Saudi royalty know what Osama Bin Laden intended?

There was funding for Bin Laden from various and assorted Saudi citizens and groups - of course Saudi security agencies and Saudi Royalty knew what was planned...

The fact that Dubya's corrupt and dishonest administration discounted reports of a planned attack causes it to be partially responsible for the attack and deaths...

239189_image.jpg

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 33

This what I glean from the responses here.  Because this mass murder was carried out by Saudi citizens, we should just forget about it. Those lives don't matter that much to some because this was posted by someone they dislike.  By the way, it would scare the bejeebers out of me if I fit into this group.  Because it was Saudi citizens we should just look the other way when illegals come into our country because they love this country the way we always have.  Because this mass murder was carried out by Saud citizens, it is OK to infringe on the people who come to this country legally and by pass all laws to allow all illegals  through our borders. You seem to think the United States has an unlimited budget, yet you are whinning about a tax refund.   Because this mass murder was carried out by Saudi citizens we can be 100% sure no Saudi citizen or any other than hates the United States will be in the middle of any of those caravans. Some of you act as if you know them on a personal basis.  How could you?  You only know what you find on the internet or the biased news.  Some of you have pointed  out these people are gentle, law abiding people that you some way know none of them present any danger.  You want to protect their children while praising those who march to kill our own.  How many more double standards can there be? Now, I suppose the Trump. Trump in some brains will kick in, so please get your daily supply.

I have trouble understanding the rationale of some who post here.  All some do is sniff, sniff about the past while the future of this country is at stake.  Some here would rather see civil war.  I think some think the protection of the room where their laptop sits is protection against any and everything.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 33

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Soosie 

May we always remember all who were killed, injured or harmed on Sept. 11th, from all walks of life. 

May we also remember the involvement of Saudi citizens who carried this out. 

But, in February I need to ask, who is being declared as being hateful, and why is support of trump being brought into this? Remembering that trump made unsupported accusations about that day. 

Never Forget

Trump also did another thing. Later he made a claim and collected from the Fund to help business impacted by the disaster. By his own words non of his business were impacted by the disaster. See if something is said about this by Cohen this week as they say he will talk about Insurance claims made by the business.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 33

We have people sitting all day surfing the internet for whatever piece of trash of the day  from the media that they think gets under someone's skin.

Thoughts & Prayers

These are people who don't seem to explore what they can do for others or their country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 33

@Soosie 

May we always remember all who were killed, injured or harmed on Sept. 11th, from all walks of life. 

May we also remember the involvement of Saudi citizens who carried this out. 

But, in February I need to ask, who is being declared as being hateful, and why is support of trump being brought into this? Remembering that trump made unsupported accusations about that day. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 33

It should also not be forgotten that almost all of those that carried out the 911 attack were Saudis, funded by a Saudi prince.

Yes, and no Iraqis.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 33

@Soosie wrote:

Cars rode with the American flag for days after this attack.  People were as one.

The saddest part I feel other than the loss of all these people, is that a prediction I made out loud came true.  I said at the time I wondered how long this type of becoming one nation, flying out flag proudly could last.  Unfortunately, not long.

We weren’t as one, though. We turned against each other. Hate crimes spiked against American Muslims.  Partularly at gas stations and 7-11s where many immigrants worked. Balbir Sodhi was killed just days later at his gas station. A Sikh mistaken for a Muslim because he wore a turban and had a beard. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/14/647426417/people-saw-only-a-turban-and-a-beard-reflecting-on-a-post-s...

That’s why all those American flag stickers showed up soon after on gas station windows and cash registers. At 7-11 and Dunkin Donuts. Not out of a display of patriotism, although the workers and owners likely were very patriotic. But they had a much more practical reason. To protect minority workers from other Americans.

Look at hate crimes against Muslims in 2001 and now. 

Which is worse? Foreigners attacking Americans or Americans attacking Americans? 

DDBC80BC-A85F-4E32-81CF-8930388DD265.png

9/11 was horrible and inexcusable. But what we do to our own is pretty horrible too.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 33

@Soosie wrote:

So, as I see it, there was the horrible attack that day carried out because of hatred.  Now, there is one being carried out by the very citizens of our country who should be honoring it.   

I find it unfathomable that you compare the "horrible attacks" of 9/11/2001 to whatever "horrible attack" you are alluding to in your paragraph above by citizens of the United States.

Would you care to clarify what you are talking about in your second sentence above?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 33

@Soosie wrote:

When I posted this, I knew who carried out this act, but I did not mention them because I meant for it to be about those photos of the people who died.  I didn't want anything to take away from those people. and their lives, hopes, dreams, future. 

I want nothing to "take away" anything from all of those people or their families.  Too bad a Republican president didn't think the same by taking us into Iraq instead of going after who was responsible.

Now that the door has been opened for futher dialogue, what I saw immediately following this attack was a group of people banding together.  Hatred seemed to be put aside.  Our beloved country was under attack.  There were heros who saved others.  There were heros who gave their life for others.  There was a  plane carrying many heros who gave their lives to take down the enemy.  Cars rode with the American flag for days after this attack.  People were as one.

Patriots, all of them, our Republican president then could have been a patriot too, by going after who attacked us instead of going into Iraq for personal reasons.

The saddest part I feel other than the loss of all these people, is that a prediction I made out loud came true.  I said at the time I wondered how long this type of becoming one nation, flying out flag proudly could last.  Unfortunately, not long.

Yep, unfortunately not long. First we got sidetracked by Bush Jr taking us into Iraq instead of going after the Saudis and Bin Laden. Then when Obama was elected, the Tea Party formed and the division started.

So here we are back to a hate filled country, a divided country and no common ground or goals.  We  have  people with obsessions rather than goals and even dreams. Yep, like some are obsessed with bashing anything but ultra conservative viewpoints.. We have people sitting all day surfing the internet for whatever piece of trash of the day  from the media that they think gets under someone's skin.  And you are also here. These are people who don't seem to explore what they can do for others or their country.  So do you know what everyone here does or does not do for our country? We have self absorbed people who think the rest of the world owes them something.  And who are "they"?

So, as I see it, there was the horrible attack that day carried out because of hatred. Yes, because of the hatred that some Saudi terrorists had for America, not Muslims, but Saudi terrorists.  Now, there is one being carried out by the very citizens of our country who should be honoring it. And who has carried out the majority of the attacks you refer to? Do you mean like the KKK member or supporter who used his vehicle to kill a lady and injure dozens, or like the trump supporter who sent faulty bombs to a bunch of Dems?

So, for those of you with obsessive behavior, I suppose this can only lead to Trump in your mind. Then I must not have "obsessive behavior". If it does, it tells me you are a weak person who can't move forward and are only a handicapp to yourself.  

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 33

When I posted this, I knew who carried out this act, but I did not mention them because I meant for it to be about those photos of the people who died.  I didn't want anything to take away from those people. and their lives, hopes, dreams, future. 

Now that the door has been opened for futher dialogue, what I saw immediately following this attack was a group of people banding together.  Hatred seemed to be put aside.  Our beloved country was under attack.  There were heros who saved others.  There were heros who gave their life for others.  There was a  plane carrying many heros who gave their lives to take down the enemy.  Cars rode with the American flag for days after this attack.  People were as one.

So here we are back to a hate filled country, a divided country and no common ground or goals.  We  have  people with obsessions rather than goals and even dreams.  We have people sitting all day surfing the internet for whatever piece of trash of the day  from the media that they think gets under someone's skin.   These are people who don't seem to explore what they can do for others or their country.  We have self absorbed people who think the rest of the world owes them something.  

So, as I see it, there was the horrible attack that day carried out because of hatred.  Now, there is one being carried out by the very citizens of our country who should be honoring it.   

So, for those of you with obsessive behavior, I suppose this can only lead to Trump in your mind.  If it does, it tells me you are a weak person who can't move forward and are only a handicapp to yourself.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors