There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here comes the emoluments suit!!

Message 81 of 122

The sheep ain't buying it !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

But what about the emoluments suit?  Tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump ...........

What about it?  Not much being mentioned about it in the media. 

You mean you aren't tuned in to CNN 24/7?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Your big blue wave coming in the fall will be a ripple in the pond! Expect to lose more seats.

They'll be lucky if their blue wave isn't flushed down the drain.  Democrats have nothing to offer.

Oh, but they do. They offer higher income taxes, more business taxes, free education, free healthcare, less jobs, more unemployment, more food stamps, more climate change, more laws/regulations, more gun control, open borders, more affirmative action, higher social security taxes, and generally less freedom. What more could you look for?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 122

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING

I’m interested in how that conclusion is being drawn for the blue wave.

Fact or speculation?

I'm wondering how the conclusion of the big blue wave is coming? Polling? Just like the polling that said Hillary would be #45? Your pond is getting drained - finally.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 122

Whether unimagined, dismissed, or denied, the emoluments suit is here and is reality...according to news sources. 

No matter what time it takes, I hope that the suit will include the whole family, who all seem to benefit from their political positions...trump properties and jared’s financing. 

Hooray!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 122

@Richva wrote:

It is always so sad when conservatives can't figure out how to use the internet........or a newspaper. 

Did you jump up and down and do the happy dance while looking those links up? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G5IXn0K7A

I'm well aware that a lawsuit has been filed, etc, but it is all in the beginning stages...  They could drag out for years and any findings would be under seal until this is settled.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Maybe not the Fox media but try something a bit more mainstream. 

Then perhaps you should do the same as me, instead of only getting your news from FOX, you should monitor other sources.  Currently I check over a dozen sites every day.

I am not sure what news sources you are reading but I did a quick Google on "emoluments" and LOOK at all the news stories I found. I guess the non-Fox/Brietbart press has taken some interest in this. 

It is always so sad when conservatives can't figure out how to use the internet........or a newspaper. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/will-the-emoluments-lawsuit-lay-bare-trumps-tax-returns/2018...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/27/politics/emoluments-trump-trump-hotel/index.html

https://www.myajc.com/news/federal-judge-allows-emoluments-case-against-trump-proceed/jVrR6awwseRflM...

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/25/632300960/federal-lawsuit-against-president-trumps-business-interests...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judge-emoluments-case-trump-move-forward/story?id=56816960

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Here comes the emoluments suit!!

Message 88 of 122

Media attention in this case is irrelevant. What Trump's doing appears to be a clear violation of the Constittution so this should turn into a fabulous case. Unfortunately, it will probably take a long time before we learn all the details.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 122

@Richva wrote:

Maybe not the Fox media but try something a bit more mainstream. 

Then perhaps you should do the same as me, instead of only getting your news from FOX, you should monitor other sources.  Currently I check over a dozen sites every day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 122

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

But what about the emoluments suit?  Tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump ...........

What about it?  Not much being mentioned about it in the media. 

Tx  it's  just started, what is it that you thought you were going to hear. ?   Follow the money and that is where the problems will really become serious for this President. It is amazing to me that there has not been real laws to deal with this issue in this country before this. I guess that never thought that people would vote for a man like what Trump has always been.

I would say that someone who supported Trump during the campaign would have been the same as voting for Trump.

The only place I've noticed that emoluments is an issue is here....I'm on several discussion sites.

Kudos
Views