Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Here comes the emoluments suit!!

Message 61 of 122

You threw the term  "Worship" into the conversation Tex and then played on it , not I. I'm sure you wont give us your honest opinion of Robert S. Mueller III because it wont support your attack on Liberals !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Character perhaps. Do heros lie, make false accusations, and worship a draft dodger! And they are willing to defend our country, and put others lives before theirs. Sound like really credible folks. They most likely have solid foundations also. 

They are known as heros (sic) for some reason

Heroes are not known for what they say, but their actions in relation to others.

As far as your reference to worshipping a draft dodger, I could remind you of a President by the name of William Jefferson Clinton who avoided military service through devious means. 

Will GOPers EVER stop lying about Bill Clinton? He CONSIDERED joining the ROTC to become less eligible for the draft, but before he needed to take that step, HE GOT A VERY HIGH NUMBER IN THE DRAFT LOTTERY, knew he would not be drafted, and continued his stellar academic career with no trace of "devious" in his behavior. Unlike Dick Cheney who concocted SEVEN deferrments, including getting married and impregnating his wife (child was born 9 months to the day after the "marriage deferrment" was changed to apply only to "married with children) to evade his military service.

Der Trumper on the other hand, showed his draft board X-rays of what he claimed were his feet with severe bone spurs, and was declared 4-F and UNFIT for military service. Magically those bone spurs VANISHED - a FIRST in the history of Medicine and today he can't even remember having the problem...BECAUSE HE NEVER DID!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 122

@MIseker wrote:

Your idol Trump got deferments for bone spurs. Clinton got his for Academics, and became a rhodes scholar. I personaly think the deferment system at the time was bullcrap, but if you want to bring Bill Clinton in, we need to look at what was accomplished during deferment time.. Well, Trump did have that military school that was like being in viet nam, and of course he won the std war while being a mediorce student.

Ok, tell us about your military service that you would complain about Trump's bone spurs?  It's immaterial if there had been no draft as you would have the option to enlist.

Does this have to do with emoluments?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Tex whines "No doubt politics plays a part in your hero worship."

------------------------------

Wrong again Tex. I have followed and respected Robert S. Mueller III long before Trump ever thought of being President. Are you about to attack Mueller like you attacked McCain ?

I have no heroes that I worship like the left, and those I consider heroes did something meaningful over the average to earn the term.   But as worshiping anyone, no way, but there has been those that I have respected.  The left dotes on heroism.

No what does all that have to do with emoluments?

Just that we are about to find out how heavy Trump's lead feet really are. Once the discovery phase starts, all of his secrets will be pouring out and all will see the immoral, unethical, and pretentious snowflake that he is. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 122

@mandm84 wrote:

Wrong again Tex. I have followed and respected Robert S. Mueller III long before Trump ever thought of being President. Are you about to attack Mueller like you attacked McCain ?

I have no heroes that I worship like the left, and those I consider heroes did something meaningful over the average to earn the term.   But as worshiping anyone, no way, but there has been those that I have respected.  The left dotes on heroism.

No what does all that have to do with emoluments?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 122

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Character perhaps. Do heros lie, make false accusations, and worship a draft dodger! And they are willing to defend our country, and put others lives before theirs. Sound like really credible folks. They most likely have solid foundations also. 

Heroes are not known for what they say, but their actions in relation to others.

As far as your reference to worshipping a draft dodger, I could remind you of a President by the name of William Jefferson Clinton who avoided military service through devious means. 

The draft ended in 1973 after Vietnam closed down, so what difference does that make now?  How many here has had no military service?  Did you?

Besides, this is not the topic.

Your idol Trump got deferments for bone spurs. Clinton got his for Academics, and became a rhodes scholar. I personaly think the deferment system at the time was bullcrap, but if you want to bring Bill Clinton in, we need to look at what was accomplished during deferment time.. Well, Trump did have that military school that was like being in viet nam, and of course he won the std war while being a mediorce student.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 122

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 122

@mandm84 wrote:

What does being a 'military hero' have to do with Mueller's investigation? 

---------------------

I respect his character and lifelong service to our Nation in both the Military and Law Enforcement. Robert S. Mueller III is the " Real Deal " in my book !!!

Many of us have given lifelong service to the nation, but isn't the determining factor the fact that he was appointed as a Special Council investigating Russian interference in the last election, and that there is hope that he'll be 'getting' Trump?

No doubt politics plays a part in your hero worship.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 122

What does being a 'military hero' have to do with Mueller's investigation? 

---------------------

I respect his character and lifelong service to our Nation in both the Military and Law Enforcement. Robert S. Mueller III is the " Real Deal " in my book !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 122

@williamb39198 wrote:

The draft ended in 1973 after Vietnam closed down, so what difference does that make now?  How many here has had no military service?  Did you?

Besides, this is not the topic.

Kudos
Views