Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Heaven Has Walls According to Evangelical Finatics

Message 1 of 33

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Not all of us are "Evangelical Finatics" as this topic is labeled.  But when one is using it for a topic of discussion then we open the door to just that "the discussion", no?

I too, do not see any reason to mix Church and State because we all know from centuries past that does not work.

BUT for those who may have an open mind to religion and science actually coming together MIGHT be interested in the following:

https://phys.org/news/2013-12-scientists-genetic-code.html

and

https://youtu.be/Ug04_xSPpi0

It's only been 160 years since Darwin & Mendel first started looking into the - "traits" - they perceived in Living things...............................your Bibles been telling it's Story for how long?-  2000 years give or take and before that - similar stories were written for even more thousands of years

Why don't we agree to give Science at least one more Millennium before we start comparing Notes & disagreeing on Origins and the End Game

Your Article says they just discovered these new Codons & Duons in 2013 and that was after they thought they had it all figured out 40 years ago........................

See that's the thing about the Path I've decided to take - there is always something new to be discovered & learned - I don't see that process ever ending - the point of evolution is not necessarily that it's going to make things perfect or even better - it's simply a attempt to survive

Your path hasn't changed much for 2000 years - well except for the Constant Attempts to Legislate what people refuse to accept or beleive.....................so you're all set either way

So Lets just Relax and Let Nature Take it's course regardless of who or what is the driving force ...................... and please do not be afraid of death - mine or yours......................it's going to happen regardless of which one of us is right

I just feel bad when I see that people are being swindled into buying stuff they will never need - if it was free I might look at it all differently - but for some reason just like everything else that's guaranteed - it always has a Price Tag and Initiation Fees & Deadlines & That Fine Print

( " RESIST TRUMP! - DON'T BACK DOWN!)

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

So heaven is going to be like a prison, surrounded by a big ole fence      oh my.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

@Controlled42010nah, gotta respect the concept of something first to harbor any "hate" for it, and I can't respect hypocrite christianity. I'm fine with the concept of "christians and their belief system", and know and respect many who tirelessly do good deeds with it each and every day. They wear their faith in their heart, not on their sleeve. Have no respect for its many hypocrite snowflakes, the likes of which always seem to make their way here to post their messages of hate, while expecting their "belief system" gets them a free pass. Thanks for asking!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

Not all of us are "Evangelical Finatics" as this topic is labeled.  But when one is using it for a topic of discussion then we open the door to just that "the discussion", no?

I too, do not see any reason to mix Church and State because we all know from centuries past that does not work.

BUT for those who may have an open mind to religion and science actually coming together MIGHT be interested in the following:

https://phys.org/news/2013-12-scientists-genetic-code.html

and

https://youtu.be/Ug04_xSPpi0

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@Soosie wrote:
@well I'm sorry you feel offended - I apologize for the Mockery - but I'm also trying to be helpful @Mick..........apology accepted. As I explained in my post to Alferd, my belief is strong. I will not try to push it on others, but I do defend it.

It's Totally Reasonable to Defend Your Beliefs

I get offended when others try to PUSH their Beliefs Not Just Onto Others

But when People in a Powerful Postion of Authority in Organized Religion like Jeffress surely is

Attempt to use their Religious Power to influence Americans Belief in US Government/Public Policy - thats unacceptable

You want to believe Heaven Needs Walls - that the Supreme Being the Creator of all things - needs Walls to keep out Specific Souls - well go for it

But keep your Cultish Religious Fetish out of My Government Policy and the use of My Tax Dollars

US Goverment Policy should be determined by the Available Facts - not the latest itieration from some Cult Leader about what he thinks something that has never been seen or experienced by anyone has or does not have and the reasons for it.............................

BTW - Speaking about walls

Supreme Court Justice Black wrote the Majority Opinion in Everson v Board of Education -, one of the first Supreme Court Cases to deal with the Seperation of Church & State

Justice Black wrote of the "wall of separation" that the Constitution maintains between church and state

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@BigLib  obviously of the Christians and their belief system, if I read the whole thread right?!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

An atheist dies and goes to hell.

The devil welcomes him and says:"Let me show you around a little bit." They walk through a nice park with green trees and the devil shows him a huge palace. "This is your house now, here are your keys." The man is happy and thanks the devil. The devil says:"No need to say thank you, everyone gets a nice place to live in when they come down here!"

They continue walking through the nice park, flowers everywhere, and the devil shows the atheist a garage full of beautiful cars. "These are your cars now!" and hands the man all the car keys. Again, the atheist tries to thank the devil, but he only says "Everyone down here gets some cool cars! How would you drive around without having cars?".

They walk on and the area gets even nicer. There are birds chirping, squirrels running around, kittens everywhere. They arrive at a fountain, where the most beautiful woman the atheist has ever seen sits on a bench. She looks at him and they instantly fall in love with each other. The man couldn't be any happier. The devil says "Everyone gets to have their soulmate down here, we don't want anyone to be lonely!"

As they walk on, the atheist notices a high fence. He peeks to the other side and is totally shocked. There are people in pools of lava, screaming in pain, while little devils run around and stab them with their tridents. Other devils are skinning people alive, heads are spiked, and many more terrible things are happening. A stench of sulfur is in the air.

Terrified, the man stumbles backwards, and asks the devil "What is going on there?" The devil just shrugs and says: "Those are the christians, I don't know why, but they prefer it that way"

Huh, sounds like the author is a real hater?!

"Hater" of what?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33
mickstuder, You can have the last word. May you find inner peace and courage! All good intentions here.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

@Controlled42010 wrote:

mickstuder, I can respect your opinion but I do disagree.  Not all of us are afraid of death, sorry, but you are wrong with that statement.

Freewill...do as you wish.

My edit....I just pray the Heavenly Father will show mercy and make it as painless and quick as possible...not that you would understand.

Oh No - Believe Me - I Understand - I Got to Witness it Firsthand

My Mother Died in a Hospital - During my Birth - Actually it wasn;t Quick & Painless -
She Lasted 2 Days

Perfect Health Before My Full-term Delivery

Do I Blame GOD for that - Nope - I Blame all the People who try to make money off of her death and the Deaths of Millions of others

I grew up on a Farm - I saw hundreds of Animals - Plants - experience the same exact occurence

It's the Circle of Life - The Story - The Lion King is a much more accurate representation of the Story about Life & Death

You as well - should keep a open mind

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

mickstuder, I can respect your opinion but I do disagree.  Not all of us are afraid of death, sorry, but you are wrong with that statement.

Freewill...do as you wish.

My edit....I just pray the Heavenly Father will show mercy and make it as painless and quick as possible...not that you would understand.

Kudos
Views