Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Heaven Has Walls According to Evangelical Finatics

Message 11 of 33

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@mickstuder Unfortunately for "some" Christians, the group that proclaims to be of Christian following but, do not really follow the New Testament.  We as Christians, have been informed via the New Testament of this false prophecy.  Please do not close your mind to believing all Christians have this same belief.  I personally am glad to see many faiths being represented in our Congress because I believe we have to share this world together.

This is just one of the Problems with the Whole Organized Religion Schtick

It's always - Just a Few Bad Apples

You're Reading the Wrong Story in the Wrong Book

That might be a reasonable excuse & fly once or twice - but if most of the Apples in the Leadership of every single Major Organized Religion have been - corrupt - for Thousands of Years

It doesn't hold water

All Christians Do Hold The Same Belief - they are afraid of Dying & want some Guarantee

And there are more than enough Insurance Salesman to go around

Humans think they have some Special Status compared to all the other living Organisms on the Planet

Humans think they shouldn't have to follow the same life cycle as Plants & other Animals

WHY?

There is No Miracle in Human Life - it's repeated Billions of times in non-human life every single minute of every single day

I always ask the same question - if I lived in a Remote Forest Somewhere and lived my entire Life without being exposed to any Religion - I'm already doomed to Hell according to every Organized Religion - well that Scenario played itself out for thousands of years before someone came up with the God Story

So apparently all those people before the Chistian God Story are rotting in Hell - or how about the ones who believed in Zeus or Re - Loki & Odin - Gaia - Vishnu - Tlaloc - Ceridwen & Cernunnos - Izanami & Izanagi - Enlil & Enki

It's Illogical

Bottomline - Humans simply cannot accept they are just going to die and be recycled like every other Living thing - well it's been proven over & over that there might in fact be something else - another dimension another reality but it sure ain't No Exclusive Club where it Costs Money to Join & Subservience to keep your membership in Good standing

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

As they walk on, the atheist notices a high fence. He peeks to the other side and is totally shocked. There are people in pools of lava, screaming in pain, while little devils run around and stab them with their tridents. Other devils are skinning people alive, heads are spiked, and many more terrible things are happening. A stench of sulfur is in the air.

Terrified, the man stumbles backwards, and asks the devil "What is going on there?" The devil just shrugs and says: "Those are the christians, I don't know why, but they prefer it that way"

Probably Fundamentalists who spent their lives divising eternal tortures for all those who disagreed with them in life - something about the bit "...and forgive us our sins AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SIN AGAINST US."  which the fundies never really thought about and so did not realize they were designing their own place in the hereafter when they persecuted others in the hereandnow.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33
Thanks, Controlled. Very well spoken.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

@BigLib wrote:

An atheist dies and goes to hell.

The devil welcomes him and says:"Let me show you around a little bit." They walk through a nice park with green trees and the devil shows him a huge palace. "This is your house now, here are your keys." The man is happy and thanks the devil. The devil says:"No need to say thank you, everyone gets a nice place to live in when they come down here!"

They continue walking through the nice park, flowers everywhere, and the devil shows the atheist a garage full of beautiful cars. "These are your cars now!" and hands the man all the car keys. Again, the atheist tries to thank the devil, but he only says "Everyone down here gets some cool cars! How would you drive around without having cars?".

They walk on and the area gets even nicer. There are birds chirping, squirrels running around, kittens everywhere. They arrive at a fountain, where the most beautiful woman the atheist has ever seen sits on a bench. She looks at him and they instantly fall in love with each other. The man couldn't be any happier. The devil says "Everyone gets to have their soulmate down here, we don't want anyone to be lonely!"

As they walk on, the atheist notices a high fence. He peeks to the other side and is totally shocked. There are people in pools of lava, screaming in pain, while little devils run around and stab them with their tridents. Other devils are skinning people alive, heads are spiked, and many more terrible things are happening. A stench of sulfur is in the air.

Terrified, the man stumbles backwards, and asks the devil "What is going on there?" The devil just shrugs and says: "Those are the christians, I don't know why, but they prefer it that way"

Huh, sounds like the author is a real hater?!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

An atheist dies and goes to hell.

The devil welcomes him and says:"Let me show you around a little bit." They walk through a nice park with green trees and the devil shows him a huge palace. "This is your house now, here are your keys." The man is happy and thanks the devil. The devil says:"No need to say thank you, everyone gets a nice place to live in when they come down here!"

They continue walking through the nice park, flowers everywhere, and the devil shows the atheist a garage full of beautiful cars. "These are your cars now!" and hands the man all the car keys. Again, the atheist tries to thank the devil, but he only says "Everyone down here gets some cool cars! How would you drive around without having cars?".

They walk on and the area gets even nicer. There are birds chirping, squirrels running around, kittens everywhere. They arrive at a fountain, where the most beautiful woman the atheist has ever seen sits on a bench. She looks at him and they instantly fall in love with each other. The man couldn't be any happier. The devil says "Everyone gets to have their soulmate down here, we don't want anyone to be lonely!"

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

But does heaven have tunnels.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

And   who is this guy? One of those Evangelicasl  the ones with the flexible morals?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

@mickstuder Unfortunately for "some" Christians, the group that proclaims to be of Christian following but, do not really follow the New Testament.  We as Christians, have been informed via the New Testament of this false prophecy.  Please do not close your mind to believing all Christians have this same belief.  I personally am glad to see many faiths being represented in our Congress because I believe we have to share this world together.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

mickstuder:  

Question: this seems to be saying - Heavens Not Built Yet - that's been my position all along - these Religious Carnival Barkers are selling tickets to a place that Does Not Exist

Elmer Gantry rides again.

Kudos
Views