WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Health Insurance, not health care

Message 21 of 28

easyed598:  I been paying into Medicare since 1964 and continue to do so every month out of my Social Security. I don`t believe this an entitlement because of the money I put in it over 53 years.The same with Social Security-not an entitlement but earned over decades of working and contributing with every paycheck

For once we agree on something!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

@s761539r wrote:

The liberals at AARP are at it again. Blasting out an email that only showed only one side.  This is about insurance not free health care.  Every other class of insurance is based on risk, health insurance is no different.  It's not up to young people and taxpayers to subsidize your insurance.

Young citizens already give you SS and Medicare, now you are demanding another welfare program?  Don't give me that crap about I paid in.  There is no money in the trust fund, just IOUs.

Blast away!

You better stay in this country and never bother to go to any other, You will be surprise as to how civilized societies y live. 
Obviously you are too young to actually been anywhere and seen too much of the world. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

s761539r wrote: (ChasKy53 in blue text)

The liberals at AARP are at it again. Blasting out an email that only showed only one side.  This is about insurance not free health care.  Every other class of insurance is based on risk, health insurance is no different.  It's not up to young people and taxpayers to subsidize your insurance.

I am 64 and am subsidizing young people's insurance. I still work part time and my SS and pension is taxed. Saying that young people subsidize my insurance is just plain wrong. I draw no subsidy.

Young citizens already give you SS and Medicare, now you are demanding another welfare program?  Don't give me that crap about I paid in.  There is no money in the trust fund, just IOUs.

"Young citizens" don't "give" me SS and Medicare. I paid into SS all of my life and I paid into Medicare all of my life and am still paying into both. The reason there is "no money in the trust fund" is because the trust fund contains bonds. So the repeated "no money in the trust fund" mantra is not the full truth. The government borrowed the money in the trust fund, that's why the bonds are there. The government, who borrowed the money are the ones who have to stand good for it. Take it up with the POLs who borrowed it when they put it into the general fund.

Blast away!

No "blasting", just some facts.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

I been paying into Medicare since 1964 and continue to do so every month out of my Social Security. I don`t believe this an entitlement because of the money I put in it over 53 years.The same with Social Security-not an entitlement but earned over decades of working and contributing with every paycheck

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

s761539r: 

Liberals are "at it again" because they are pragmatists. That mindset works like this: is it smarter to help lower income people buy insurance, or say no way and call it "free stuff"..................then everyone else pays higher premiums and medical bills because of having to subsidize care at the ER? See how it works? Liberals don't shoot themselves in the foot just for a little satifaction at sticking it to "others".

To your other point, do you realize that those young citizens giving us SS and Medicare aren't going to be forever young? When it's their turn for SS and medicare their children and grandchildren will be paying for it.....a never ending cycle of give and take that has worked very well. The alternative is elderly people dependent on their adult children. That might work for some, but I'm betting lot's of those adult children don't want Mom & Dad moving in with them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

@s761539r wrote:

Blast away!

Do you keep all your money in cash on your person or stashed in your home? If you do not you have no money just IOUs based on your claim above.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

s761539r

So how about the IOUs being repaid?  Maybe we could start repayment if we didn't offer tax cuts to the rich?

Young citizens only "give" us social security if you do not factor in the time value of money paid over the course of your working life.

We pay more for healthcare (through insurance) and get worse results than the other 10 richest nations in the world.  It is not about welfare, it is about fixing a bad system that is not working.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Health Insurance, not health care

Message 28 of 28

Blast away!

Kudos
Views
Replies