Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Harvey: Where are the religious whack a doodles?

Message 21 of 29

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
My church has 6 trucks loaded and a bus of volunteers on the way. Look for us Tx... we're coming to help.

God blessed Texas
With His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you want to see heaven, brother, here's you chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas.

Always good to see people helping people.  Religious or not. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

There are bad people in every group, and that means Christian Groups also and they should be called out by all.

John, I am not concerned about hate groups at this time.  Just concerned how much flooding we will get when it reaches our area. 

But come the comments so far, I do get an idea of how much human concern and compassion the posters on this forum possesses. 

Thank you and others for confirming it.

You should always be concerned about hate groups and strive to make sure you never give or seem to give comfort to them. Yes you are going some real rough times now, and the people there deserve the support and help of every American, and we do that through our Fed. Govt., and private groups like the Red Cross. To make sure we give the proper help in times of disaster we must plan ahead and spend money to make that happen. Every section of the US must support this effort, and areas where we can have problems must do everything they can to plan how to handle it. That means we need good people handling things for us in DC at the top. Right now we have good people for what you are going through, but that will not last unless there are changes in DC quickly. Good luck to you and your family in the next few days, and I hope there are no diversions from the relief effort due to sight seers from DC.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Further one has to wonder if liberals here have their priorities wrong that they support gays, etc, but has no compasion for average Americans. 

Does that mean that that those who through no deliberate conscious choice of their own are heterosexual - should be preferred/favored over those who through no deliberate conscious choice of their own are homosexual?

Should I prefer helping a straight person who discriminates based upon another's sexual preference - over one who is homosexual, but doesn't discriminate - realizing that no one - ever - has been able to make a deliberate conscious choice as to whether they're straight or gay?
"wrong"?  
People believed the earth was flat - they always were wrong.
Some people believe sexual orientation doesn't take place in utero...
They have always been as wrong as flat eartthers.
When Nixon ran against Kennedy and the debates were televised -  one could listen to the subscript between the lines and hear the bigotry and prejudice.
Never did contenance that stuff - still don't.
44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

@john258 wrote:

There are bad people in every group, and that means Christian Groups also and they should be called out by all.

John, I am not concerned about hate groups at this time.  Just concerned how much flooding we will get when it reaches our area. 

But come the comments so far, I do get an idea of how much human concern and compassion the posters on this forum possesses. 

Thank you and others for confirming it.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
My church has 6 trucks loaded and a bus of volunteers on the way. Look for us Tx... we're coming to help.

I have our house sandbagged in anticipation of the nearby river cresting this week.  Be watching for the volunteers and trucks, people will appreciate the assistance.

But apparently some here are so wrapped up in politics they've lost their compassion...they forget that there are also Democrats in Texas, and if any of them are missing, less chance of winning the state.

Further one has to wonder if liberals here have their priorities wrong that they support gays, etc, but has no compasion for average Americans.  This country is indeed in serious trouble!!

Finally 'it rains on the just and the unjust' [Matthew 5:45].  I'm sure they'll appreciate this if another Hurricane Sandy hits the East Coast, or if a record blizzard smothered the North, or another drought or wildfires in the West.

Read your 3rd para. Are you saying that gays etc are not average Americans? That would be the view of the KKK, and Nazi. By the way some time ago I posted about the 2 hate Org. which were listed in my State. Both are Christian Groups and even have Christian in their name. Well the police radded one site a week ago. Arrested 8. One has 400 counts of child abuse against him. They removed 11 children, and quite a few are being held with out bail. They found 2 bodies buried on the property for over a year. Family of one said their girl has been missing for that time and they asked the Christian Group for info on her and could not get any.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I have our house sandbagged in anticipation of the nearby river cresting this week.  Be watching for the volunteers and trucks, people will appreciate the assistance.

But apparently some here are so wrapped up in politics they've lost their compassion...they forget that there are also Democrats in Texas, and if any of them are missing, less chance of winning the state.

Further one has to wonder if liberals here have their priorities wrong that they support gays, etc, but has no compasion for average Americans.  This country is indeed in serious trouble!!

Finally 'it rains on the just and the unjust' [Matthew 5:45].  I'm sure they'll appreciate this if another Hurricane Sandy hits the East Coast, or if a record blizzard smothered the North, or another drought or wildfires in the West.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

God blessed Texas
With His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you want to see heaven, brother, here's you chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas.

liberals have rejected civility
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

@Richva wrote:

It never fails.  Some natural disaster happens and the right wing preachers from the mega churches come out and proclaim it as a punishment from God for allowing homosexuality or abortion or not donating enough to their church.  

Have not seen this with Harvey. Because it happened to Texas or has their line gotten so old even they recognise it?

Sure looks that way...

Besides it had long been recognized as just another kind of con game/scam.

Could the lemontop skidmark's  incessant con games have made everyone desensitized to scams and con games?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Harvey: Where are the religious whack a doodles?

Message 29 of 29

It never fails.  Some natural disaster happens and the right wing preachers from the mega churches come out and proclaim it as a punishment from God for allowing homosexuality or abortion or not donating enough to their church.  

Have not seen this with Harvey. Because it happened to Texas or has their line gotten so old even they recognise it?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.