Harvey: Where are the religious whack a doodles?

Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Harvey: Where are the religious whack a doodles?

Message 1 of 29

Tx, I am a sometimes liberal and sometimes I am a consevative according to the issue,but right now I am a person who hopes and prays for you and everyone else in Harveys path. I hope the government is there to provide the help needed by all. This is a time to put aside our differerence and help one another. It matters not who or what we are, what matters is that we are there for each other in a time of need and this is a time of need. The problems caused by Harvey are far from over and their are thousands needing help and will need help in the future as well as now. Politics need to be left out of this and those in office need to do their job instead of looking at 2018. For a change do the right thing. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 29

Was Fishslayer 777 cherrypicking quotes when he wrote:

"Thomas Jefferson also said Government role is not to remedy the situation by taking it away (responsibility) but to inform them of their descretion by education".

I'll remind him that Jefferson rejected the concept of the triune deity of orthodox christianity and rejected the idea of the divinity of christ.

In 1787, Jefferson wrote, "Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."
Isn't Jefferson not approved of by religious whackadoodlery?
Is citing a non-christian to support an argument in a thread about religious belief acceptable?
44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 29
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 29

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Government has taken the role of a degraded society as we move away from our principles rather then empower the individual. However we are begining to see "choice" in education, choice in veteran care,  NASA partnering with the commerical sector and maybe more choices going forward. That is government doing it's job. 

Government want you to buy fish from them... I'll teach you how to fish.

"Teach you to fish". You mean like a public education system run the "the gob'ment"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 29

texas fema2.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 29

Even tribes have a form of government. The key to keep our govenment working the way it was intended,  is preserving the principles. Most folks don't know what that is, and that too bad. Guarding our virtues as a nation and preserving our freedoms, is why our divinely inspired govenment was established. 

George Washington said "A primary object should be the education of our youth in the science of government". 

Thomas jefferson also said Government role is not to remedy the situation by taking it away (responsibility) but to inform them of their descretion by education".

Government has taken the role of a degraded society as we move away from our principles rather then empower the individual. However we are begining to see "choice" in education, choice in veteran care,  NASA partnering with the commerical sector and maybe more choices going forward. That is government doing it's job. 

Government want you to buy fish from them... I'll teach you how to fish.

libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 29

I think I've made the point over and over.  The People 'establish' Government to do those things 'they' by themselves cannot.  Providing relief from the devastion of Hurricane Harvey, its predessors and successors is one of those things.  The individual and charity may help, but is woefully insufficient.  Without even mentioning that when reliance is placed on those things, in cases like this, the burden falls on those who will and not on those who won't.  That's not right and that's not fair. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 29

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
My church has 6 trucks loaded and a bus of volunteers on the way. Look for us Tx... we're coming to help.

Further one has to wonder if liberals here have their priorities wrong that they support gays, etc, but has no compasion for average Americans.  This country is indeed in serious trouble!!

So Tex ..... what is an "average American"?

Did the statistically average American voter vote for trump?

Nope - 74% of elegible American voters did not vote for trump.

Does the statistically average American support him?

Oops - another no...

What does trump's historically low approval ratings and historically high disapproval ratings say about another aspect of the statistically average American?

Does the fact that between 52% and 60% of Americans believe same-sex marriage  should be legally identical to opposite-sex marriage say anything significant about who the statistically average American actually is?

Nice try - but the so-called "average American" you refer to has been a no longer average minorty for a quarter century or more...

Trump supporters are abnormal.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
My church has 6 trucks loaded and a bus of volunteers on the way. Look for us Tx... we're coming to help.

Further one has to wonder if liberals here have their priorities wrong that they support gays, etc, but has no compasion for average Americans.  This country is indeed in serious trouble!!

So Tex ..... what is an "average American"?

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 29

For those who are hypocritical:

Capture.JPG

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors