Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Harris sets off Democratic donor stampede

Kamala Harris has ignited a new level of enthusiasm in an already enthusiastic campaign.  Her addition has brought donors, both large and small, off the sidelines and writing checks. Obviously, they approve of her addition to the ticket.  

 

 

Kamala Harris is tapping into a new tranche of campaign cash for Joe Biden: money from both big and small donors who were reluctant to give to the white, male and over-70 nominee-in-waiting before she arrived.A half-dozen donors and fundraisers said they expect Harris to take a larger role in donor management. And donors with an eye on the future are rushing not only to invest in a potential November victory but in a top potential contender for a future Democratic presidential nomination.

 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/19/kamala-harris-democratic-donors-398656 

Honored Social Butterfly

tRump supporters just can't stand watching the Dems raise so much money to defeat their cult leader !

 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Regular Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

tRump supporters just can't stand watching the Dems raise so much money to defeat their cult leader !


I am just against political advertising.  I have never donated to any political party and I never will. And saturation advertising has an effect on me that is the opposite of what is intended.

 

Trump often mails me survey questions and I never answer them because the surveys always include solicitations for donations.  If he were sincere about wanting to know my interests, he would mail the survey questions and solicitation to me in separate envelopes.

 

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
210 Views
0
Report
Regular Social Butterfly

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
294 Views
16
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 

Regular Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 


Nonsense.  If the "lady" cashed the check and kept the money, like a normal person, Donald Trump's signature also wouldn't be in her house.  Therefore the signature has nothing to do with giving the check to the Democratic party.  Nuts!!!

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
269 Views
12
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 


Nonsense.  If the "lady" cashed the check and kept the money, like a normal person, Donald Trump's signature also wouldn't be in her house.  Therefore the signature has nothing to do with giving the check to the Democratic party.  Nuts!!!

 


Interesting comment. You managed to completely avoid the point of my post without actually addressing the fact that there are people who would donate their entire check just to fight against the man who demanded to have his signature on it. 

Regular Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 


Nonsense.  If the "lady" cashed the check and kept the money, like a normal person, Donald Trump's signature also wouldn't be in her house.  Therefore the signature has nothing to do with giving the check to the Democratic party.  Nuts!!!

 


Interesting comment. You managed to completely avoid the point of my post without actually addressing the fact that there are people who would donate their entire check just to fight against the man who demanded to have his signature on it. 


That is not what you said the first time.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
212 Views
10
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 


Nonsense.  If the "lady" cashed the check and kept the money, like a normal person, Donald Trump's signature also wouldn't be in her house.  Therefore the signature has nothing to do with giving the check to the Democratic party.  Nuts!!!

 


Interesting comment. You managed to completely avoid the point of my post without actually addressing the fact that there are people who would donate their entire check just to fight against the man who demanded to have his signature on it. 


That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point

Regular Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


I don't get your point.  I will tell you that my local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. We will use it wisely. 


Nonsense.  If the "lady" cashed the check and kept the money, like a normal person, Donald Trump's signature also wouldn't be in her house.  Therefore the signature has nothing to do with giving the check to the Democratic party.  Nuts!!!

 


Interesting comment. You managed to completely avoid the point of my post without actually addressing the fact that there are people who would donate their entire check just to fight against the man who demanded to have his signature on it. 


That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point


Ah, yes, because I am not a mind reader like liberals pretend to be.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
193 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point


Ah, yes, because I am not a mind reader like liberals pretend to be.

 


Why is it that regressives always  find people who read and interpret facts are considered "mind readers"?  

Regular Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point


Ah, yes, because I am not a mind reader like liberals pretend to be.

 


Why is it that regressives always  find people who read and interpret facts are considered "mind readers"?  


The fact is that you said, "local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. " and I properly interpreted it as nonsense by using the rules of the English language without being a mind reader.

 

You are getting sleepy.
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point


Ah, yes, because I am not a mind reader like liberals pretend to be.

 


Why is it that regressives always  find people who read and interpret facts are considered "mind readers"?  


The fact is that you said, "local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. " and I properly interpreted it as nonsense by using the rules of the English language without being a mind reader.

 


So. Are you angry that you missed the point or that my local party got such a big check from a woman of such humble means?

Regular Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:That is not what you said the first time.

 


Ah, then you just missed the point


Ah, yes, because I am not a mind reader like liberals pretend to be.

 


Why is it that regressives always  find people who read and interpret facts are considered "mind readers"?  


The fact is that you said, "local Democratic Party got a full stimulus check because the lady did not want to have anything with Trump's signature on it in the house. " and I properly interpreted it as nonsense by using the rules of the English language without being a mind reader.

 


So. Are you angry that you missed the point or that my local party got such a big check from a woman of such humble means?


No, I am afraid that I am surrounded by insane people.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
146 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Ah! Name calling always the proper response when there are no facts to present, other than trying to belittle others...insane people, hardly!

 

Are trump supporters jealous that a person of color can raise a lot of money!

0 Kudos
143 Views
2
Report
Regular Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

Ah! Name calling always the proper response when there are no facts to present, other than trying to belittle others...insane people, hardly!

 

Are trump supporters jealous that a person of color can raise a lot of money!


https://www.foxnews.com/media/reference-to-kamala-harris-as-colored-costs-cleveland-radio-anchor-26-...

 

Proof that I am surrounded by insane people.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
139 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Perhaps you surround yourself with insane folks!...for the rest of us, we do try to be considerate. I understand the objection to colored, which is an older derogatory slang term...if of color is objectionable, I will not use that reference. Many times black or brown are used also, and I must say that I try not to use those references. 
May we be respectful to others. 

Back to the facts, Kamala is helping to raise a lot of money! 

0 Kudos
135 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Got anything on the actual topic?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


If what you say is true the people are making an investment in the future of the USA by getting rid of the worst President the USA has ever had.

Regular Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

There go the $1200 stimulus checks and $600/month unemployment benefits out the window.

 


If what you say is true the people are making an investment in the future of the USA by getting rid of the worst President the USA has ever had.


That's not what "out the window" means.

 

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/go-fly-out-of-the-window

 

You need to study English.

 

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
271 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Not surprising - people are waking to the reality that we have no use for a gutless lying toad or the toadies of the GOP who support him. The addition of Harris to the ticket made the prospect of having a leader we can quote without being censored on this and other media for foul language, a leader who puts crooks in jail instead of making them heads of Government Departments, and best of all a leader who will not use the public Trust as a public trough, enriching himself at the expense of We the People.

Honored Social Butterfly

It’s really simple...GOOD!

0 Kudos
275 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Yeah, it's pretty simple alright...

 

Rich, did you actually use the word Enthusiastic?  OMG!

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
278 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91    So if Biden is President. who will come to the uS first. 
Putin or Communism ?

 

goodlol.jpg

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty simple alright...

 

Rich, did you actually use the word Enthusiastic?  OMG!

 

 


Based on the donor dollars pouring in............it is a pretty accurate adjective. It seems the floodgates have opened and all the pent up donations are just cascading into the bank. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png