If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Happy states, Sad states ...Gallup poll

Message 1 of 5

The four states ranked lowest or the 'unhappiest' are:  Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee.  All are Red States and some are to the extreme right politically, like Tennessee.  Are their politics a result of unhappiness or is their unhappiness a result of the politics those states have?

Red States have lower average wages, effecting average living conditions.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

There will always be the winners and losers, as long as we have win/lose policies, instead of win/win... we help each other, instead of just using and ignoring each other. 

Unfortunately we have an administration that promotes lose/lose scenarios...anyone tired of winning yet?

Country over party

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I don't see the ranking as a problem.

My point, the "problem" I indicated, is the "lack of economic opportunity" that I mentioned.

@KidBoy2 wrote:
FredSmif posted...

" I wonder if there will ever be a solution to this problem."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Solution? There will never be one as there will always be a number one and a number fifty...its the way it works.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5
FredSmif posted...

" I wonder if there will ever be a solution to this problem."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Solution? There will never be one as there will always be a number one and a number fifty...its the way it works.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Happy states, Sad states ...Gallup poll

Message 5 of 5

So an annual Gallop poll has come out about the "state" of each State's happiness. Hawaii is #1 for 7 years in a row (even though cost of living there is high and wages are not good). West Virginia is #50 (worst) for 10th year in a row.

See https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/happiest-us-states-205257429.html

I found the "happiness" map of the US to be very interesting. I would say it shows the "rust belt" and the Southern central states as the most unhappy. In my own mind I can dream up some explanation for this...loss of jobs, lack of economic opportunity, the "usual" issues relating to jobs and money and all. I wonder if there will ever be a solution to this problem.

Kudos
Views
Replies